Concern on life expectancy of PoE on Xbox

It really is expectations are low, since GGG sold a share to Tencent company, I thought they will invest in new teams for xbox or focus on the Chinese market first, we are in the dark without knowing much.
PoE on Xbox is there completing 1 year of life since beta, I only see new microtransactions every day and no improvements that the community asks for.

I have 3 pack of supporter, 22 tabs plus 5 premium tabs, other tabs are monetary, maps, essences, letters and fragments. I think half of the xbox community has some PoE investment, so I do not see that I could go bankrupt because of that.
Last edited by stark_47 on Jul 23, 2018, 1:16:54 PM
I have spent over $140+ on stash tabs, a full supporter pack, and mtx and skill effects. However, the direction this game is going, the amount of friends that have rapidly left the game, and the amount of complaints microsoft has received in regards to problems in this game with the lack of priority the xbox platform has compared to PC, I don't see this game lasting that much longer.... OR it will remain the same and players will continue leaving and it will slowly become a ghost town.
I absolutely love this game, but I see myself playing less and less due to problems in regard to trading, scammers, and the POE team not having a strong priority in improving it for xbox users. I give it 6 months to 1 year max. I stopped spending $$ a couple of months ago because I can see it going downhill, and it's been going downhill a lot quicker this league despite this league being so much BETTER than leagues in the past.
"
GVHL wrote:
"
rangerDangerr wrote:
you said computer. now you're saying laptop. there's a difference, friend.

Clearly you don't understand how hardware works.

You don't think there is an important distinction between a laptop and a desktop (what I think he is referring to as a computer) when it comes to gaming? I hope you have lots of money, you'll need it.

I share OP's concerns and have stopped spending money. I'll leave it at that for now.
"
Jauron wrote:
"
GVHL wrote:
"
rangerDangerr wrote:
you said computer. now you're saying laptop. there's a difference, friend.

You don't think there is an important distinction between a laptop and a desktop (what I think he is referring to as a computer) when it comes to gaming? I hope you have lots of money, you'll need it.

You can build a suport strong gaming laptop. The only difference, is that hw is more expensive for desktop. Nothing more, nothing less.
And this is out of context. It started with someone saying that 15-30 sec loading times are ok compared to the loading times on a pc, which later refered to a work laptop. So the whole is a laptop a pc discussion is kinda pointless, but a considered working laptop is not a pc counterpart to a 100% dedicated gaming console.
and on topic, I also stopped spending money and switched to a kind of observing mode. I just follow the forums and announcements in the hope they finally come up with something significant. Ofc there are plenty of people with the mentality, just be happy with what you get, but I think GGG is more or less selling always their potential. Buy supporter packs so we can make the game better. This ofc generates expectations and ofc in the faq which are almost not true anymore they told us about their futue plans, and sadly none of them actually happened yet and ofc no communcation in that regard either. I think we all who spend money investing in the potential with the belief they will make their promises true have a right to be disappointed.
Having played POE for just under a year, I consider myself to still be in "playing the game" mode as opposed to "gaming the play" mode. In my case, if I cut back on playing POE it will likely be because of frustration and annoyance at having to manage my play around the risk of the Death Penalty and the cost of maps - and I see zero chance of any relief on those fronts.

I will spend more money if I need more storage space, or if there is new weapon effect that catches my eye - but I have learned that if a weapon effect doesn't look gaudy, even garish, in the "ad", then it will likely wash out on the TV screen (none of the Incursion supporter weapon effects looked decent to me for example, so no sale there).

I'm not aware that POE currently has any peers, particularly on Xbox. It's sort of POE or do something different. D3 has its charms, but in retrospect after experiencing POE, D3 does seem pitched at a less detail loving audience.

So my opinion is that GGG will earn far more revenue from making the game more attractive to new players then they will by enticing me to spend more. Presumably Tencent has broad intentions for POE on Xbox and we live or die based on those intentions.
I now comment in Forums with my Xbox account:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/xbox/view-profile/walkjohn55
"
GVHL wrote:
"
Jauron wrote:
"
GVHL wrote:

You can build a suport strong gaming laptop. The only difference, is that hw is more expensive for desktop. Nothing more, nothing less.

filix is right, this is stupid at this point but I think you meant to swap the word desktop and laptop in your points. I also disagree with being more expensive being the only difference but I'm so far outside the point of this thread I'm compelled to just move on.

If you played on HC over the course of a few leagues, you'd realize the game is growing in popularity. Even Standard has way more people in it than it used to.

Anyone complaining that all they do is offer new MTX and not fix or change anything in the game clearly doesn't play it.
Xbox Player

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info