Concern on life expectancy of PoE on Xbox

Hello. So long story short, I'm worried about what kind of life expectancy Poe will have on Xbox one. On PC the player base looks very well and healthy. However for Xbox I'm not seeing alot of... Popularity. I knew from the start it was... A kind of niche market but enough to sustain. the more I look around the more I'm wandering if I'm playing a game that's not gonna last(on console anyways). I made a post similar regarding leagues. After some googling I hear the normal league has 20% of the players the league has. Which is a scary number. Some items in the market are very few in number. In a business model like this only x% of players are gonna pay for cosmetics which keep the game going. If not enough people are paying their not gonna keep supporting Poe on Xbox. at least from a companies point of view, why would they. The biggest issue I have is Microsoft keeps their numbers in house. So theirs no way to fully understand their situation. Ive already put money into Poe and wanna put more. But it's hard to keep putting money into a game with this concern hanging there. Anyone have any idea what their success is on Xbox. Are we looking at a dead avenue or is it a safe venture. I would like to hear from any and all. Any facts anyone has or even speculation. Or maybe we'll get lucky and a poe staff member will give us a hint to its well being. So let's discuss!
Last edited by Magnesium360 on Jul 20, 2018, 5:52:41 PM
Last bumped on Aug 8, 2018, 10:46:07 PM
PoE is probably the best Hack'N'Slash on Xbox but unfortunately there are big problems.
Personally I stopped this game this season despite I love, because of these problems:

1) The market is disastrous.
- For several months, the community has been asking for the addition of filters and no results, the specific item search is a nightmare.
- Good rare items are very rare (I imagine that few people do craft) so for the end-game it's not easy if your build requires special things.
- The best thing would be to associate the PC and XBOX market, it would be like the ultimate dream.

2) Performance on Xbox:
I understood that you had to buy the Xbox one X or a SSD to speed up the loading times...
If you don't have that, you will have to undergo loading times that last for 10 to 30 seconds.. Frustrating.

Example when you make a map:
- You insert your map...
Loading times 15 to 20 seconds
- You finally arrive on the map !
Loading times 10 seconds to avoid lag

Total: 30 seconds~

When you finish your map in 3 minutes, 30 seconds is very long...
There are also lags problems on some skills.

This is for me the two big problems of PoE on Xbox that made me stop playing there, this game has a huge potential but unfortunately, no improvement since the beginning.
Lol 15 to 30 seconds is long? Depending on specs computer can take longer.

The only thing they need to fix is making it easy to party.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
I am a little concerned myself, I have put in $100 so far, over $80 of that towards tabs, but every time I spend anything I am thinking the game could get shut down at any time which it why I think I am at my limit for what I am going to spend.

I play on the One X so performance for the most part is decent, though I hope they continue to optimize further. I also play SSF Hardcore so trading means nothing to me. I would like to see improvements made there as I know that is the majority of the player base, and I would like to see that base expand. I myself will never be interested in trading, if I traded my way to end game gear I would get bored pretty quick and be done with this game.

PoE is what I currently pour most of my gaming time into, so I do hope it is around for YEARS!
I to dump all my gaming time into PoE.

Im at $130 myself. I don't regret the money but like the one before me said, I'm just worried about dumping more(which I'm going to, can't help it, lol). I just hope the issues get addressed. The first reply mentioned rare items being very rare. And I'm seeing that to be very evident. The build I'm following. He has rares with 50 str almost 100 health, and two elemental resistances on each. The closest I've seen is like 40 str with 50 health or 15ish str with 100 health and usually only one good elemental resistance or two low resistance. Nothing near what my build should have. I've looked and looked and can't find anything close. Right now I'm settling with good uniques and grabbing extra resistance passives. So that does suck. Not enough crafters or items being found. That's a player base thing. Player base might increase with more support for Xbox but that's a long term solve. Sharing market with pc is a decent option however alot of coding would have to change and a new system would have to be put in place. Which I know alot of pc players like our trade system a lil bit better cause they can sell stuff without leaving maps or while offline. The other issue is, it would completely change the market. It's hard to change the market after it has settled prices. Pricing would be disastrous for awhile. But in the end would be worth it. Loading times seem to be a problem for people. Me personally, not worse then any other game I've played. The worse was elite dangerous until they optimized it. So loading times aren't hurtin me. Still something to look at but market fix should come first. Also a problem I'm seeing is lack of knowledge from Xbox players. I've done alot of research to understand this game. But others haven't. The biggest evidence of this I've seen, is pricing on socketed uniques and gemcutters prisms. On uniques, I'm seeing people match say... A belly of the beast with 2 sockets, with the same price as a belly of the beast 5L or 6S. I'm not gonna pay the price of a 5L for a 2S. And on the gemcutters, theirs hardly any on the market and their going for 1-2 chaos per prism. I don't think people know the vendor recipe for a prism. I feel like their worth way less. Their easier to get. Maybe it also shows how little people are doing stuff like Uber labs. But lack of doing Uber labs shows a lack of knowledge cause their gear ain't quit there for one reason or another. Anyways. That's the detailed problems I'm seeing.
Last edited by Magnesium360 on Jul 21, 2018, 2:27:03 PM
"
Jackel6672 wrote:

ok now you're just full of shit
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.
"
rangerDangerr wrote:
"
Jackel6672 wrote:

ok now you're just full of shit

Not everyone has a gaming rig friend. It can take a minute to load something on my work laptop, sometimes it is all I have. I usually play on xbox for that reason.
"Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right!" Henry Ford
you said computer. now you're saying laptop. there's a difference, friend.
Hey peeps, it's a me, rangerDanger.
"
rangerDangerr wrote:
you said computer. now you're saying laptop. there's a difference, friend.

Clearly you don't understand how hardware works.
I dont want poe on the xbox to go anywhere I want it to get better. I want the damn dsyncs fixed so when I shoot someone, they take damage instead of warping to where they actually are. I want the trade board to not be full of idiots who respond with, "I paid more than that for this item, Dont care what trade boards say about prices", when they are clearly asking 5 times the amount its worth! I want to see an actual scrollable ladder like the pc has to see more than the top 50 players on the current season. I want to be able to pick my server at will and not get bumped onto one on the other side of the world for no reason at all. I want to be able to look up items on the trade board by value OR AT THE LEAST THE MODS ON THE DAMN THINGS. I want to be able to use the damn A button to pick up items on the ground next to me WITHOUT randomly attacking shit off the screen! I want a global chat option to see le toucan spam and watch the idiots raving about politics and which chick they would sleep with over who when we know damn well they can't get either! I want this player based economy to feel like there are players playing with the economy! I want a lot of fucking things that could possibly make this better on xbox and I dont see them happening before this game is forgotten on the xbox and I just have to switch back to PC, the one place and version of this game where all of the above mentioned things have either been fixed tweaked or made accessible.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info