To ProjectPt

ego was only part of it.

"
i'd rather do forum pvp than play to increase some streamer's ego/bank account.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
Your analyze about PT don t make sense to me. Having been part of the discord until he left, I don t feel it s true to say he left because of his failing streaming or because of some ego trip.

The real reason is closer to him being tired of organizing the event with spread sheet and determined date and having half the rooster not showing while they said they ll come. It take quite a toll on you to wait people and organize those events. Half the players were coming 20 min late, Google creating drama each time he was playing or talking, infinite debates about balance with people like Lapiz who would like to have close to 0 ban and nerf and people like me who would prefer even banning LMP/GMP/+gem gear.

You need to have nerves and patience to organize something like that and it seems it was too much for him.

HE listened too much actually, he gave US too much freedom of decision. He should have been maybe more dictatorial and impose his rules because democracy in pvp means chaos.

Rupenus is right about PT not having enough patience but I think he is wrong about the reason he did not have patience. IT was not streaming career or ego (well maybe a little about ego but not the part about him wanting to be remembered) .

Look at what he is streaming now: darkest dungeon. If it was about streaming career he would stream something else than this shit.

BTW PT have a real life job.

The guy own or take care of some art gallery. So him streaming those pvp events and having half rooster no show and half coming late while having passed the whole morning doing spread sheet and tabs about the tournament was hard on him I bet.

Lot of people talked about participating but did not show even once, some even added their names but did not show or give even a warning about not showing.

He could have been at home relaxing after job instead or stream shit darkest dungeon.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jul 21, 2018, 2:00:12 AM
Yea Rup and Rob are wrong. PT liked the hardcore aspect of PoE and seeing as how pvp is more or less the last hardcore thing in PoE, he wanted to try it out and see what the fuss we make about it was over.

But no, Rob might be right, the 6 cents PT could have made off us is what drew him in. Fuck I rolled my eyes so hard they’re stuck looking at my brain!
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
yeah, it was so about the hardcoreness of it that everything was to be streamed and uploaded to his account.

integrity.

and maybe it's just 6 cents. because not many were willing pawns. too bad.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

Last edited by robmafia on Jul 21, 2018, 2:21:25 AM
"
robmafia wrote:
yeah, it was so about the hardcoreness of it that everything was to be streamed and uploaded to his account.

integrity.

and maybe it's just 6 cents. because not many were willing pawns. too bad.

Most of the videos were recorded by markusz not PT ( but he did stream his own matches) and he wanted to do async events before he left. It would have been impossible to stream async events.

You are way off about PT Imo.
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Jul 21, 2018, 2:28:52 AM
I love how Rob talks about how PT only ever tried to do anything because he wanted to grow his stream or make money off of us. Like, the fuck have you ever done for PvP Rob, forum PvP excluded. [Removed by Support] If you want we can get PT to contribute his 6 cents for you.

I'm not even defending PT, I mean him leaving like he did was pretty pathetic in my opinion. I'll give him credit for dealing with all the shit we gave him for as long as he did. I mean, half the time people just wouldn't show up to events they had signed up for. There's about a dozen people who want to balance the format differently. And there's a few people who just straight up pissed him off. But it doesn't justify cancelling three events, deleting your account, and just fucking off. At least he got his account back so he could give Mark the items he was given back. But PT honestly did a lot of work for ethical PvP, regardless of if it turned out to be a success or not. I mean he made the discord, which if anything I'd say was a win.

I do think that he was ego driven to some extent, but he definitely wasn't concerned with the money or the viewers. If he cared about viewers he wouldn't continue streaming now after the fact, since he's getting less now than he was then. I never really spoke with him that much, but the times I did he came off as someone who thought he was better than others, whether it was what he was saying or how he played. I mean his main builds were an average at best aura bot and a boots build that should have been banned before the events took place. I feel that at least says something about him.

If anything I think Monsta and Mark benefited a lot more than PT did, and I guarantee if either of them were streaming in place of PT you wouldn't be bitching about it.
Last edited by West_GGG on Jul 21, 2018, 4:14:12 AM
"
Shazamarang wrote:
I love how Rob talks about how PT only ever tried to do anything because he wanted to grow his stream or make money off of us. Like, the fuck have you ever done for PvP Rob, forum PvP excluded. [Removed by Support] If you want we can get PT to contribute his 6 cents for you.

aside from organizing ctf games every night for about ~9 months, after harley dropped out? aside from stocking literally every 2020 and most 2120 gem in the game, and loaning them to pvp people?

it's amazing you can type all of that. i figured one might have broken hands after falling off a horse that tall.

(and yeah, i saw you baiting me into some dumb pissing contest 'for pvp,' as if being in the pvp community isn't enough, anyway)

"
Shazamarang wrote:
If anything I think Monsta and Mark benefited a lot more than PT did, and I guarantee if either of them were streaming in place of PT you wouldn't be bitching about it.

you mean... actual pvp people? and pvp people who didn't throw the biggest known tantrum of this game, complete with a video about how they're quitting? lolz.

it's not even remotely hypocritical to trust either of them more than pt.
[Removed by Support]

Last edited by West_GGG on Jul 21, 2018, 4:15:10 AM
good points guys, as i said mine was just a theory. Those ideas had developed in my mind and i had to let them out to see how realisic they are.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
I know you've done team CTF in the past, considering I took part in some of them. They were fun for sure, but that's really it. But really all it ended up being was a dozen or so people already playing PvP playing some PvP. At least in PT's case I got to play with more than a dozen different people. I wasn't baiting you. Organising matches between the dozen or so people who are already playing the game doesn't really compare to making a discord server, organising events, pushing for people to at least attempt to expand the community, and pushing for at least some sort of balance. GGG saw what he was doing, they pinned his threads to the sub-forum, and they made two threads regarding balance and the future of PvP in the feedback sub-forum. Regardless of your opinions of the guy, it's pretty undeniable that what he did was a lot more significant than you organising a few CTF matches with people who were already interested.

I never called you a hypocrite, no shit you can't compare PT to someone like Mark. I never mentioned trust, and even if I did it's irrelevant. I was never much of a fan of the guy, and I never really trusted him a whole lot, but I also wasn't a massive wanker to him and didn't talk shit about him when he was trying to interact with the community. The point was that you seem to be so against someone making money off of you, to the point that you needed to display your disgust for the guy every 5 minutes. I mean it was pretty much your only argument against PT and his format, aside from you thinking he's a dickhead.
"
Shazamarang wrote:
I know you've done team CTF in the past, considering I took part in some of them. They were fun for sure, but that's really it.

...sorry you had fun playing a video game.

"
Shazamarang wrote:
But really all it ended up being was a dozen or so people already playing PvP playing some PvP. At least in PT's case I got to play with more than a dozen different people. I wasn't baiting you. Organising matches between the dozen or so people who are already playing the game doesn't really compare to making a discord server, organising events,

...umm... yeah. you realllllly missed the point.

literally anyone can make a discord. and so what?

literally anyone can organize matches (obviously). you're kind of making my point.

sorry for not trying to use a video game and other people who play it for my own benefit.
[Removed by Support]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info