[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
Monhsaroh wrote:

Huge GZ!

For sure Divine Fervour + Harrier would be highest dps option.

May also be worth dropping the socket near whispers of doom and taking the devotion life cluster instead since it would now be much closer. You'd lose some damage but would beef up even more. Depends on how expensive your abyss jewels are though and how much you value hp/dps ratio.

Actually the Devotion cluster is the first thing i thought because its getting closer if I take Divine Favour, but then i wanted to also get the extra endurance charge which is just 2 points away, and why not the jewel slot which is only 3 points away lol.
I want to get everything there and i cant decide so i just went with harrier.
With only 1 extra point i can get both Devotion and the jewel slot above..

I really dont know haha

EDIT: Ok i think i got a very nice balance
I drop the socket near whispers of doom like you said, and these 8 points go to Divine Favour until Devotion (6 points) and the rest 2 can go to Harrier OR to extra endurance charge.
If you go for extra endurance charge you are approximately at the same dps after the loss of 1 jewel slot anbd ofc much more life, if you go Harrier you get more dps than that with jewel slot, so yes dropping that jewel slot next to whispers of doom is the way to go!

Thanks man
Last edited by nel0angel0 on Sep 27, 2018, 6:16:10 PM
"
nel0angel0 wrote:
Actually the Devotion cluster is the first thing i thought because its getting closer if I take Divine Favour, but then i wanted to also get the extra endurance charge which is just 2 points away, and why not the jewel slot which is only 3 points away lol.
I want to get everything there and i cant decide so i just went with harrier.
With only 1 extra point i can get both Devotion and the jewel slot above..

I really dont know haha

EDIT: Ok i think i got a very nice balance
I drop the socket near whispers of doom like you said, and these 8 points go to Divine Favour until Devotion (6 points) and the rest 2 can go to Harrier OR to extra endurance charge.
If you go for extra endurance charge you are approximately at the same dps after the loss of 1 jewel slot anbd ofc much more life, if you go Harrier you get more dps than that with jewel slot, so yes dropping that jewel slot next to whispers of doom is the way to go!

Thanks man

Hey np,

Just realized that it is 100% worth it to grab the socket above devotion as well if you path there, you can put one of the wildfire jewels in there and save a passive point.

Picture:
Spoiler
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

Just realized that it is 100% worth it to grab the socket above devotion as well if you path there, you can put one of the wildfire jewels in there and save a passive point.

My man, you just saved me haha!

Thanks a lot!
Any reason not to use Kaom's Roots?
Why not heart of flame? i been looking around ur pob and flicker gains a tons of more dmg and just loose a little of molten.

But we need remove some jewel from tree.

Amazing build for the moment!
"
joel91 wrote:
Any reason not to use Kaom's Roots?

We already have "Cannot be stunned/chilled" from juggernaut ascendancy. Also the build uses evasion/blind as a defensive layer, and unwavering stance from Kaom's roots puts evasion chance to 0%.

"
grilloarg wrote:
Why not heart of flame? i been looking around ur pob and flicker gains a tons of more dmg and just loose a little of molten.

But we need remove some jewel from tree.

Amazing build for the moment!

Hey thanks grilloarg!

Heart of flame looks like a solid option for a more aggressively oriented build variant. Reason for this is that even though they give less damage than heart of flame, the jewels end up giving a large amount of hp. +50 flat hp on a single abyss jewel translates to over 150 hp on your character.

That being said if you do go for heart of flame make sure to pick up the health cluster underneath it as well.
- Scion Build Guides -

the reason why i want heart of flame is because reach ur dps or at least similar looks prety difficult.

Even leveling gem to 20% 21% and with 20% of quality.

This is my pob right now https://pastebin.com/e3nYHuVB , maybe something is wrong or maybe my watcher and jewwerls are mediocre.

Thx for the fast reply!
Last edited by grilloarg on Sep 29, 2018, 2:18:33 AM
So I have this build up to 78 currently, have all the essential items, and its all working really well so far. I do have a question though, not really feeling flicker strike this time aroound, if one were to drop Flicker and just full focus on Molten strike, ( Mainly because of delves ) what changes would you make? if anything major to the skill tree or ascendencies, just curious

I ended up going the Kaoms heart route using two Oro's one on weapon swap for molten strike, but trying to think of some changes I can make to just use molten, so I don't have to weapon swap, but hopefully stay using most of the set
Last edited by Xoeeitoxic on Sep 29, 2018, 3:31:48 AM
Heya, I'm loving this build so far. May I ask why you use Atziri's step instead of Gang's Momentum? I've been assuming so far so that you have more survivability, but I wanted to see if Gang's momentum could be used in the build.
"
grilloarg wrote:
the reason why i want heart of flame is because reach ur dps or at least similar looks prety difficult.

Even leveling gem to 20% 21% and with 20% of quality.

This is my pob right now https://pastebin.com/e3nYHuVB , maybe something is wrong or maybe my watcher and jewwerls are mediocre.

Thx for the fast reply!

Hey np,

Here is the pob from just very lightly touching up your current character, a lot of the dps difference was from some settings in configuration not being turned on though there are a few things you can do gear/passive skill wise.

New POB: https://pastebin.com/Crut39V9

From this position heart of flame still looks like an attractive skill to path to as it's a ton of damage.

Here is the list of POB changes:

- Projectile distance set to 1. We're in melee range with molten strike, we're almost always going to get max benefit from point blank.

- Endurance charges turned on. Realistic to be hit at least once every 10 seconds or so.

- Target is intimidated. From champion ascendancy.

- Onslaught. You don't have it now but with an abyss jewel giving "% chance to gain onslaught on kill" it is realistic to assume near 100% uptime during maps.

- Set molten strike gems to 20/20 - Doesn't add much but will come just through time.

For actual gear/passive changes you can do a few small things to get a big boost:

- Wise oak isn't active right now because your lightning resist is the highest, ideally you want your first resist to be the highest one to benefit from the penetration.

- Can free up a ton of passive points if you have a few regret orbs lying around by connecting to the duelist start area. There were also a few odd passive points allocated, I think it might be because you're low on regrets though.

- The watcher's eye is actually really good, the abyss jewels and your gloves could be improved significantly. Also keep in mind that a +3 MS helmet enchant is 1.43x damage on molten strike.

Hope this helps

"
Xoeeitoxic wrote:
So I have this build up to 78 currently, have all the essential items, and its all working really well so far. I do have a question though, not really feeling flicker strike this time aroound, if one were to drop Flicker and just full focus on Molten strike, ( Mainly because of delves ) what changes would you make? if anything major to the skill tree or ascendencies, just curious

I ended up going the Kaoms heart route using two Oro's one on weapon swap for molten strike, but trying to think of some changes I can make to just use molten, so I don't have to weapon swap, but hopefully stay using most of the set

Hey Xoeeitoxic,

This is the "Pure molten strike" version of the build, for delves:

POB: https://pastebin.com/8B65e9wr

It uses Oni-goroshi instead of Oro's sacrifice, and takes slayer and raider ascendancy. It also uses one abyss socket tombfist corrupted with enfeeble, which should be cheap.

Please note that the linked POB has some pretty expensive items (corruptions + enchants), the base gear should still be affordable though. If you're having trouble with mana get a jewel with +2 mana on hit.

There are quite a few really good pure molten strike guides as well on this sub-forum, you can probably steal some ideas from them too.

"
Silveraleara wrote:
Heya, I'm loving this build so far. May I ask why you use Atziri's step instead of Gang's Momentum? I've been assuming so far so that you have more survivability, but I wanted to see if Gang's momentum could be used in the build.

The boots aren't critical to the function of the build, feel free to use whatever you want on those feet of yours.

The reasoning behind using atziri's step though is that spell dodge gets better the more you have. With phase acrobatics giving 30% spell dodge, the 16% spell dodge on Atziri's step on top of that lowers spell damage by 23%, not just 16%.

Example:

If you get hit with 100 spell damage with just phase acro, you take 70 damage on "average"

If you get hit with 100 spell damage with both phase acro and atziri's step you take 54 spell damage on "average".

Going from 70 to 54 damage is a 23% reduction in average damage taken. ((54-70)/70 = 22.8%)

On top of this Atziri's step gives a ton of evasion which has large synergy with both the enfeeble mechanic and the blind mechanic.
- Scion Build Guides -

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info