[3.6] Oro's Sacrifice Flicker Strike / Molten Strike - The Immortal Ascendant - Excels Everywhere

"
Monhsaroh wrote:

"
Xoeeitoxic wrote:
So I have this build up to 78 currently, have all the essential items, and its all working really well so far. I do have a question though, not really feeling flicker strike this time aroound, if one were to drop Flicker and just full focus on Molten strike, ( Mainly because of delves ) what changes would you make? if anything major to the skill tree or ascendencies, just curious

I ended up going the Kaoms heart route using two Oro's one on weapon swap for molten strike, but trying to think of some changes I can make to just use molten, so I don't have to weapon swap, but hopefully stay using most of the set

Hey Xoeeitoxic,

This is the "Pure molten strike" version of the build, for delves:

POB: https://pastebin.com/8B65e9wr

It uses Oni-goroshi instead of Oro's sacrifice, and takes slayer and raider ascendancy. It also uses one abyss socket tombfist corrupted with enfeeble, which should be cheap.

Please note that the linked POB has some pretty expensive items (corruptions + enchants), the base gear should still be affordable though. If you're having trouble with mana get a jewel with +2 mana on hit.

There are quite a few really good pure molten strike guides as well on this sub-forum, you can probably steal some ideas from them too.

Oh, thank you so much, I'll definitely give this a look, I've never used thhe Oni Goroshi before, been interested in it for a while now, so that works perfectly, appreciate it!
Maybe someone may want to take a look at my Delve character. I don't believe I have any substantial evasion anywhere nor I can blind enemies in any way, not reliably at least. So I use Kaom's roots for the max life and slowdown prevention pretty much.
Cool info, I think I might try a Molten only build next as I think I've gotten this character about as far as I can realistically without pouring huge amounts of money into her. I tried shaper and he seems killable, but I lost with him at about 20% HP in the final phase, a big part of it was because I accidentally had triggered the DOT circles all over the map pretty much so it was getting hard to move around. It's so expensive to run Shaper though I don;t know if I'm going to keep trying or not (40c per attempt ffs)
Im lv 90 and this build is really goood and i love it. I really want to improve my power, so what can i upgrade with my buid? ( sr my English is not good)

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/sonchu47/characters
this is my character.

i died 3 times in fight with hydra

"
Xoeeitoxic wrote:
"
Monhsaroh wrote:

"
Xoeeitoxic wrote:
So I have this build up to 78 currently, have all the essential items, and its all working really well so far. I do have a question though, not really feeling flicker strike this time aroound, if one were to drop Flicker and just full focus on Molten strike, ( Mainly because of delves ) what changes would you make? if anything major to the skill tree or ascendencies, just curious

I ended up going the Kaoms heart route using two Oro's one on weapon swap for molten strike, but trying to think of some changes I can make to just use molten, so I don't have to weapon swap, but hopefully stay using most of the set

Hey Xoeeitoxic,

This is the "Pure molten strike" version of the build, for delves:

POB: https://pastebin.com/8B65e9wr

It uses Oni-goroshi instead of Oro's sacrifice, and takes slayer and raider ascendancy. It also uses one abyss socket tombfist corrupted with enfeeble, which should be cheap.

Please note that the linked POB has some pretty expensive items (corruptions + enchants), the base gear should still be affordable though. If you're having trouble with mana get a jewel with +2 mana on hit.

There are quite a few really good pure molten strike guides as well on this sub-forum, you can probably steal some ideas from them too.

Oh, thank you so much, I'll definitely give this a look, I've never used thhe Oni Goroshi before, been interested in it for a while now, so that works perfectly, appreciate it!

Just a few questions about the Pure Molten Strike version you had linked me @Monhsaroh, Right in the center of the tree, Up and to the right a bit you grab a jewel node, If I currently cannot afford thew Unnatural instinct jewel, would I then swap those few points into the attack speed nodes leading to that jewel, rather than the spell damage ones, since I'm not getting the jewels benefits ( free allocation of small passives )

With the Pure Molten Strike build you linked, is our only frenzy charge generation from The Raider Ascendency choice? Seems fine vs bosses and such, just making sure I'm not missing something, thanks again :)

Also Since we are nearly always in " Her Embrace " From Oni Goroshi, wouldnt using Damage on Full Life be a bad idea? Even While Leeching, My life sits at like 50 under my max hp, I assume cause of the degen, Am I still benefiting from Damage on Full Life or no?
Last edited by Xoeeitoxic on Sep 30, 2018, 10:25:18 AM
Hey all, trying out flicker strike for the first time, super fun so far, 1 random question that I can't find an answer to though. Where is the life leech coming from? I have that 'Life and Mana Leech' minor node, but the OP's PoB is giving him much more life leech than mine. When I turn that off for me I have 0 leech, when I turn it off for his he still has like 1k+ leech.

It's probably something obvious but what am I missing here..??
"
sonchu47 wrote:
Im lv 90 and this build is really goood and i love it. I really want to improve my power, so what can i upgrade with my buid? ( sr my English is not good)

this is my character.

And i cant kill Minotaur. Always die with 1 hit :(
"
joel91 wrote:
Maybe someone may want to take a look at my Delve character. I don't believe I have any substantial evasion anywhere nor I can blind enemies in any way, not reliably at least. So I use Kaom's roots for the max life and slowdown prevention pretty much.

Hey Joel,

The evasion is coming mostly from Starkonja's head and Atziri's step. The blind is coming from an abyss jewel which has "% chance to blind enemy on hit". Wouldn't worry too much about it if your evasion isn't high.

"
sonchu47 wrote:

this is my character.

Just some things I noticed:

- Wise oak resistance penetration is not active since fire resist isn't your highest uncapped resist. This is a lot of missed damage.

- "Concentrated effect" support for molten strike is significantly better than "faster attacks" support. Faster attacks is only a 1.2x damage multiplier compared to concentrated effect being over a 1.5x damage multiplier.

- Ancestral protector skill gem gives 1.2x damage when it's up. It is really good and worth having on your skill bar. I'd swap out the ice golem for an ancestral protector if you want to keep using Lightpoacher helmet.

- Can use orb of regret to free up 3 more passive points, the scion start doesn't need to be connected to the duelist start once you get your final ascendancy, which you have. Can put them into the life passive called "Herbalism" on the right side.

- Curse immunity on a utility flask (not a life flask) will greatly increase your life expectancy. A lot of map mods have really rippy curses which can be almost permanently nullified by a long lasting flask with curse immunity.

- High life rolls on abyss jewels will help a lot getting you out of 1 shot range. Would also prioritize getting some gloves with flat life on them. Other than that gear looks really good.

"
Xoeeitoxic wrote:
Just a few questions about the Pure Molten Strike version you had linked me @Monhsaroh, Right in the center of the tree, Up and to the right a bit you grab a jewel node, If I currently cannot afford thew Unnatural instinct jewel, would I then swap those few points into the attack speed nodes leading to that jewel, rather than the spell damage ones, since I'm not getting the jewels benefits ( free allocation of small passives )

With the Pure Molten Strike build you linked, is our only frenzy charge generation from The Raider Ascendency choice? Seems fine vs bosses and such, just making sure I'm not missing something, thanks again :)

Also Since we are nearly always in " Her Embrace " From Oni Goroshi, wouldnt using Damage on Full Life be a bad idea? Even While Leeching, My life sits at like 50 under my max hp, I assume cause of the degen, Am I still benefiting from Damage on Full Life or no?

Yup if you don't have an unnatural instinct take the attack speed route, as well as the critical damage multiplier nodes right underneath them.

Frenzy charge generation is from hitting rares or bosses yes, during maps you can sustain them by killing rares and moving fast.

Yes you should still be counted as being full hp. Easiest way to check is by removing the "Damage on full life" gem when you're at the state where your health is slightly lower than max (while you are leeching), and seeing if the tooltip damage of your ability stays the same or goes down.

"
Xazzi wrote:
Hey all, trying out flicker strike for the first time, super fun so far, 1 random question that I can't find an answer to though. Where is the life leech coming from? I have that 'Life and Mana Leech' minor node, but the OP's PoB is giving him much more life leech than mine. When I turn that off for me I have 0 leech, when I turn it off for his he still has like 1k+ leech.

It's probably something obvious but what am I missing here..??

It's from the flask "Atziri's promise". If you turn that off leech goes to 0.
- Scion Build Guides -

Flicker / Molten strike - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2180571
thks you very much! you are the best you know (y)
Been enjoying playing this build, I've gotten 2 5L oros and Kaom's heart but right now I'm not sure what to upgrade next. Do I save up for 2 or 3? might of the meeks, get the impresence or get better rare gears? My flicker damage is somewhat lacking sometimes especially against rare mobs, and my molten strike cant really melt those rare delve monsters sometimes too so I've included a 4L double strike for some boss damage.

Last edited by noxignis on Oct 1, 2018, 9:11:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info