Updated

I am trying this build as I was looking for an Aura heavy character. Currently this is one of the weakest leveling builds I have tried. The main problem is, my summons die all the time. I gave up on animate guardian because it does not survive more than a few seconds in fight and it is a huge hassle to resummon. I have trouble summoning the zombies faster than they die and the Skeletons are currently like an active spell.

I have the feeling I am going to drop all the summons and auras for now (I am level 40) and just level with plain SRS to 70-80 and then rebuild.

What is strange, is that in incursion I tried a Melee Skeleton summoner and they felt strong, but in in delve, especially during delving, they feel like they are made out of thin paper ...

The problems started somewhere in the mid-20 when the summons weren't able to keep themselves alive.
"
MNNoxMortem wrote:
I am trying this build as I was looking for an Aura heavy character. Currently this is one of the weakest leveling builds I have tried. The main problem is, my summons die all the time. I gave up on animate guardian because it does not survive more than a few seconds in fight and it is a huge hassle to resummon. I have trouble summoning the zombies faster than they die and the Skeletons are currently like an active spell.

I have the feeling I am going to drop all the summons and auras for now (I am level 40) and just level with plain SRS to 70-80 and then rebuild.

What is strange, is that in incursion I tried a Melee Skeleton summoner and they felt strong, but in in delve, especially during delving, they feel like they are made out of thin paper ...

The problems started somewhere in the mid-20 when the summons weren't able to keep themselves alive.

I completely disagree with you. If you had spoken slow I would agree, but weak? I think leveling with Summoner / Minions is so easy, easy to the point to do the Labs on your own (including Uber Lab), besides not having many problems with the Bosses during the leveling.

The reason your summoners are dying is that it can be for 2 reasons. You may not be summoning them in each area where lvl increases or you may not have picked up the 0.6% Life Leech node for them in Passive (your profile is private, I could not see).

About Animate Guardian: It is not a skill to use in leveling. Some items of the gear can either be summoned since the gem even have lvl for it.

You can not compare Raise Zombie with Skeletons. The problem is that people adapt to the builds done only in the Forum and think that these are the only possibilities. The mechanics of skeletons are idealized for you to summon them to each pack of monsters, and it is not because in most of the summoner builds the zombies are practically permanent that you equate them to the skeletons, anyway, you are still leveling.

Good luck if you continue, and good luck if you will give up and start something else.
I'm running this build, but with some differences in skill tree and gem set ups.

I have a lot more jewel sockets (7 right now, 9 at Level 100) filled with ghastly jewels with +ES and minion damage/cast speed. I have 9k ES.

In addition, I'm using 1 Unending Hunger.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Unending_Hunger
This jewel gives an insane amount of cast speed to spectres, especially in delves. Using one jewel only will still allow you to fill your vaal skills.

For my curse set up, I'm using power siphon instead of arc. This allows me to get an extra regen for me and minions from Summon Holy Relic which only procs on attacks. Power siphon also gives free culling strike and will hit all enemies because of Projectile Weakness. You will need added cold/lightning damage from either your rings, gloves, or Midnight Bargain corruption to use EE.

Last edited by byebye on Oct 18, 2018, 8:53:48 AM
2byebye. Thank you for you message. It is not clear how in this case works elemental equilibrium.
Hi,

Thx for the guide, your passive tree link isn't updated to 3.4.

Another question, do you think is it viable for SSF?
"
jeniuscury wrote:
"
MNNoxMortem wrote:

I completely disagree with you. If you had spoken slow I would agree, but weak? I think leveling with Summoner / Minions is so easy, easy to the point to do the Labs on your own (including Uber Lab), besides not having many problems with the Bosses during the leveling.

The reason your summoners are dying is that it can be for 2 reasons. You may not be summoning them in each area where lvl increases or you may not have picked up the 0.6% Life Leech node for them in Passive (your profile is private, I could not see).

About Animate Guardian: It is not a skill to use in leveling. Some items of the gear can either be summoned since the gem even have lvl for it.

You can not compare Raise Zombie with Skeletons. The problem is that people adapt to the builds done only in the Forum and think that these are the only possibilities. The mechanics of skeletons are idealized for you to summon them to each pack of monsters, and it is not because in most of the summoner builds the zombies are practically permanent that you equate them to the skeletons, anyway, you are still leveling.

Good luck if you continue, and good luck if you will give up and start something else.

Did not know I have to make it public. The characters tab is visible now. I've checked and the 0.6% life leech node was picked up a few levels ago.

The character is "InvisibleSummonerDelve" and although not in the SSF league for partying reasons with a friend is essentially a SSF character.

I am definetly going to continue. Also it look like I am super spoiled by the Triple Herald Elementalist Blade Vortex build which was the strongest and most fun build I ever had with in an ARPG (okay, expect my frost sphere sorceress in D2).

I also began to level a few other characters in 3.4 now and compared to the Kinetic Blast Wander (leveling with Lightning Arrow) this build feels fine. The KB Blast Wander ([Removed by Support]) was the worst leveling experience I had so far. Never died that often with a character yet and the only thing that keeps me going is, that I have not even began to play the actual KB build yet so I'm likely going to push through.

With more other builds to compare this too, the leveling experience is definetly more in the mid field than at the bottom end (way weaker than Ghazzys Essence Drain + Contagion Shadow or Triple Herald Elementalist Blade Vortex, which looks like it is pretty meta in SC right now)
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Nov 28, 2018, 12:18:57 AM
"
byebye wrote:
I'm running this build, but with some differences in skill tree and gem set ups.

I have a lot more jewel sockets (7 right now, 9 at Level 100) filled with ghastly jewels with +ES and minion damage/cast speed. I have 9k ES.

In addition, I'm using 1 Unending Hunger.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Unending_Hunger
This jewel gives an insane amount of cast speed to spectres, especially in delves. Using one jewel only will still allow you to fill your vaal skills.

For my curse set up, I'm using power siphon instead of arc. This allows me to get an extra regen for me and minions from Summon Holy Relic which only procs on attacks. Power siphon also gives free culling strike and will hit all enemies because of Projectile Weakness. You will need added cold/lightning damage from either your rings, gloves, or Midnight Bargain corruption to use EE.

From the beginning I've been postponing to add the option of using Unending Hunger on a Jewel socket. It really is a great item for clear speed, even after it gained improvements, because of the little use that was made of it and strange that it continues like this. Maybe the problem is that summoners do not stack lot of movement speed, automatically the speed is obligatorily slow and it is necessary to use Quicksilvers or Mov Skills.

Power Siphon x Arc. Everyone has their opinion, and that's the fun of an RPG, but I do not think it surpasses Arc's effectiveness for applying curses and EE. I would not trade this efficacy just for culling (I guess that's why), and of course as you yourself also told Holy Rellic, besides to use it you have to take out some other gem from the setup. With a Watcher's Eye with Regen you can get 900 - 1000 regen without problems. With Ghastly Eyes im hiting 1.4k regen while moving. Of course the more the better, but in this way I think you lose more than you earn.

"
COSTANT wrote:
2byebye. Thank you for you message. It is not clear how in this case works elemental equilibrium.

With a corrupted Midnight he can apply Lightning Damage with a specific mod. In this way he would apply EE even with Power Siphon or any other attack not necessarily being of Lighning Damage.

"
shydo wrote:
Hi,

Thx for the guide, your passive tree link isn't updated to 3.4.

Another question, do you think is it viable for SSF?

Passive Tree currently lvl 100: poedb.tw/passivetree

The problem of playing in SSF is that the build requires some unique items a little bit hard to find them. Among them the most difficult are Shavronnes, Prism Guardians and Presence of Chayula. The Belt is easy, just do maps with Abyss. Farming Atziris is not difficult to get to The Vertex. You can either get sacrifices in Uber Labs or even the old fashioned, Vaals area. Midnight Bargain and Shavronnes would be interesting to get through the cards. The Prism Guardian I think that it would even be the case of being able to catch with Chance Orbs, since Shavronne's Wrappings I do not think viable. The amulet is not difficult, just make maps with Breachs, the problem will be to have a decent gear to kill Chayula, but I do not think it will not be possible, I just think that a single portal will not be enough. And of course the Watcher's Eye, which I do not think would be an option to look for it. There are so many combinations, but somehow I do not think it would be too difficult to take Regen in one, but one thing that many players agree: Farm Elder is very annoying.

"
MNNoxMortem wrote:
Did not know I have to make it public. The characters tab is visible now. I've checked and the 0.6% life leech node was picked up a few levels ago.

The character is "InvisibleSummonerDelve" and although not in the SSF league for partying reasons with a friend is essentially a SSF character.

I am definetly going to continue. Also it look like I am super spoiled by the Triple Herald Elementalist Blade Vortex build which was the strongest and most fun build I ever had with in an ARPG (okay, expect my frost sphere sorceress in D2).

I also began to level a few other characters in 3.4 now and compared to the Kinetic Blast Wander (leveling with Lightning Arrow) this build feels fine. The KB Blast Wander ([Removed by Support]) was the worst leveling experience I had so far. Never died that often with a character yet and the only thing that keeps me going is, that I have not even began to play the actual KB build yet so I'm likely going to push through.

With more other builds to compare this too, the leveling experience is definetly more in the mid field than at the bottom end (way weaker than Ghazzys Essence Drain + Contagion Shadow or Triple Herald Elementalist Blade Vortex, which looks like it is pretty meta in SC right now)

Amazing that you will continue. I wish all possible luck for you. An advice. It's no use focusing too much on gear now that you're in low lvl. But you are already lvl 40, so try to buy a Tabula Rasa and use the same set up gems of 6 links to the Spectres, this will make a drastic difference.
Last edited by Scott_GGG on Nov 28, 2018, 12:25:04 AM
how do i use arc with poet pen, it's grayed out. sry noob question
"
how do i use arc with poet pen, it's grayed out. sry noob question

I think you missed the guide. The build is of summoner and the weapon used is the wand Midnight Bargain.
I'm kind of at a loss right now what's going on with my LL Necro, my pob is https://pastebin.com/yqeHLhbw

I've got all my auras up and running, in game about 5800 ES even with crystal belt still. I know I'm missing some levels on some gems and can get better boots, but curious why my ES is so much lower, even when I add all points on tree in pob, still only caps at 5800 (in pob so im assuming closer to maybe 7k ingame).

NEW POB got 6l shortly after posting this originally.
https://pastebin.com/hhmD3vrW
Last edited by Fishler13 on Oct 31, 2018, 8:27:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info