[3.15]Fire&Flamethrower Traps Saboteur/Strongest Combo in the Game/League starter+Boss farmer

"
suirotaro wrote:
Damn seems good build and i'd like to play it but looks so squishy :( is there any tanky version of it that still does decent dps ?

By the way on video guide where you explain bow options you making mistake, because u use flamethrower in weapon but u forget to disable buffs that are in wands, if you dont disable them POB still count that for dps even if u actually using bow+kaom. Also bow and kaom seems super starved in gem slots because u lose most of the buff options, and it seems that buffs are the main thing that gives that big burst dmg. This comment is for 3.12 video.

In any case i tweaked it a little bit and i'll give it a go as 3.13 starter

can you share POB please
"
suirotaro wrote:
Damn seems good build and i'd like to play it but looks so squishy :( is there any tanky version of it that still does decent dps ?

By the way on video guide where you explain bow options you making mistake, because u use flamethrower in weapon but u forget to disable buffs that are in wands, if you dont disable them POB still count that for dps even if u actually using bow+kaom. Also bow and kaom seems super starved in gem slots because u lose most of the buff options, and it seems that buffs are the main thing that gives that big burst dmg. This comment is for 3.12 video.

I mean if you don't use Kaom you can put the flamethrower link in the bow and the 2 3links in the body armor.But yea with Kaom you are really starved for links.
"
tedbear2009 wrote:
So Ascendancy changes are finally out:

we lost "8% reduced Area Damage taken from Hits" from Explosives Expert, an unpleasant defence nerf but not critical.
Pyromaniac now regens 2% life instead of 1% which is nice.
AoE from Explosives Expert moved to Chain Reaction so it stays the same.
Lost 30% damage from Chain Reaction but gained 2% damage per trap from Perfect Crime plus +10% crit multiplier from Explosives Expert so we're fine.
10% cooldown moved from Perfect Crime to Chain Reaction plus we get 25% more, very nice buff for flamethrower traps!

Everything seems fine, if I understood it correctly.

Yes more cooldown means we can skip those entirely on boots and belt because CD was already enough.So it's possible to get more life or dps from belt,and also easier to cap resist if you are having trouble and finally you can now get dodge attack or spell from boots.Or anything else that you can think of.
"
ripulipylly wrote:
Yeah i'm wondering too if the Slavedriver's hand is actually more harm than good. I suppose it has that 10% chance for charges?

What do you mean by harm?The gloves have no downsides and provides at least 3 godlike stats that are all useful for trappers and making it the ultimate best in slot piece.
"
Brzi001 wrote:
Other than Void Batteries, are there any other sources of increased cast speed in the build?

Not that i can think of.You can chec pob to make sure but cast speed isnt very important so you shouldn't focus on that.Because if you want to get it from jewels or gear maybe,it means you'll lose life or damage even.Our trap throw speed is more than enough and flamethrowers don't need more speed anyways,they already melt bosses in seconds.
"
Wolfye01 wrote:
Sweet build guide, I will for sure league start this. Will you update it tomorrow with the changes from patch notes if there is something notable or will you be waiting for league starts?

I'll update PoB before league starts.There aren't much changes so gem setup,items are all same.Only saboteur got some tweaks and they are actually not that important and overall some of them are actually buffs.Also bear trap got buffed so our boss dps is higher now :D
"
Carlovski wrote:
Thinking of running something similar, one query, how important is the skill effect duration.
Doesn't at first glance seem to be that worthwhile, and if you skip it you can avoid that whole section of the tree for more damage over in Templar or some more life/QoL stuff.

Feel free to adjust the tree if you don't feel like getting duration.The thing is the most recent version i made and by far the best in my opinion,focuses heavily on flamethrowers which relies on skill effect duration.And also we are using anomalous flamethrowers which reduces the duration but increases cooldown recovery of them,so you can use FTT's more often at the cost of some duration.So getting that skill effect duration nodes help a lot to negate that loss
Last edited by soulsofblack93 on Jan 14, 2021, 4:13:56 AM
"
suirotaro wrote:

You defintely want those buffs/auras so probaby need to get rid of some QoL gems.There are obviously different ways to play a build so if you know what you are doing,feel free to change some items/gems whatever you can think of as long as you understand a build's mechanic :)
"
"
Carlovski wrote:
Thinking of running something similar, one query, how important is the skill effect duration.
Doesn't at first glance seem to be that worthwhile, and if you skip it you can avoid that whole section of the tree for more damage over in Templar or some more life/QoL stuff.

Feel free to adjust the tree if you don't feel like getting duration.The thing is the most recent version i made and by far the best in my opinion,focuses heavily on flamethrowers which relies on skill effect duration.And also we are using anomalous flamethrowers which reduces the duration but increases cooldown recovery of them,so you can use FTT's more often at the cost of some duration.So getting that skill effect duration nodes help a lot to negate that loss

I was thinking you can just re-throw the trap when it expires, but I guess with some duration you get more times when you are 'stacking' the traps.
I'll have a play with the tree. Probably going to go Bow route anyway, so I'll bypass the power charges. Might even play with advanced traps support, really bring down the cooldown.
"
"
suirotaro wrote:

You defintely want those buffs/auras so probaby need to get rid of some QoL gems.There are obviously different ways to play a build so if you know what you are doing,feel free to change some items/gems whatever you can think of as long as you understand a build's mechanic :)

Can use one or two unset rings for some of the utility/buffs, but would need to run them unlinked. Also could get Anger/Zealotry on gear, though then can't support with enlighten - would need helm enchant.
Could also try and get an ornate quiver for another socket, but that really doesn't seem worth the investment!
A 'temple' chest with a high life roll and % life, even just 4 socketed will be a decent compromise. That's probably what I will start with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info