[3.15]Fire&Flamethrower Traps Saboteur/Strongest Combo in the Game/League starter+Boss farmer

I never liked 2H on trappers, I always used 1H + shield.
Even with those, you can easily "one shot" Shaper into phase, so it's not an issue, especially if you run a jewel focused BM variant with Malachai's Awakening.
On the other hand, the build will most likely be even stronger now, since they clearly felt the need to buff the Fire Trap.
"
Songweaver wrote:
I never liked 2H on trappers, I always used 1H + shield.
Even with those, you can easily "one shot" Shaper into phase, so it's not an issue, especially if you run a jewel focused BM variant with Malachai's Awakening.
On the other hand, the build will most likely be even stronger now, since they clearly felt the need to buff the Fire Trap.

This is the 3rd time the build got buffed and that's probably because they don't know how powerful the build is.It is a non-meta build so there isn't much evidence out there :D
I am tempted to try this.
Few questions how is the leveling. Isnt it very slow cuz if the low aoe? Same for maps?
"
Psycomantje wrote:
I am tempted to try this.
Few questions how is the leveling. Isnt it very slow cuz if the low aoe? Same for maps?

While leveling, aoe might feel a little small but fire traps get + radius at certain gem levels so you will have more Aoe once you levelled your gem.Also GGG is buffing the radius by +2 in 3.8 blight patch so it will be bigger than before.Feel free to grab the Blast radius and Amplify to increase your Aoe even further.(That's how i played in 3.6)
For mapping, fire traps of course doesn't cover much area like tornado shot,arc etc. but they are capable of 1 shotting a whole pack of monsters with a single trap throw(which is 3 traps) so usually no monsters are left behind.
Long story short, if you want a build that one shots the whole screen then this build isn't for you.But if you want something to start league,clear atlas,kill shaper/uber elder with low investment then this is a build for you.
So I'm doing this as my league starter for 3.8 because it looks like fun. Do you think the reworked searing touch would be good enough as a league starter weapon? I've never been a fan of bows on casters. So is the build still going to be viable for uber using the caster staff changes?
Is there a way we can see the leveling tree progression? I'm still a noob with skill tree experience and not sure where to go first... :/
"
NuBee wrote:
Is there a way we can see the leveling tree progression? I'm still a noob with skill tree experience and not sure where to go first... :/

There is a leveling section in path of building including leveling tree and gems with their level and what to get in each act.Make sure you use path of building because it will help you a lot.
"
So I'm doing this as my league starter for 3.8 because it looks like fun. Do you think the reworked searing touch would be good enough as a league starter weapon? I've never been a fan of bows on casters. So is the build still going to be viable for uber using the caster staff changes?

Staves are fine.The only reason i'm playing with bow is because you can use quiver to get life,crit,crit multi etc.
Searing touch will probably get the work done in early game.You can craft yourself a staff later when you have multimod and the +2support gems,fire damage and stuff like that.
Curious about MoM with this build... have you tried it? I play SSF HC. Will I be able to get enough life?
hi,can you add poblink

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info