Kay getting to 100 is SO FUCKING BORING.

"
These challenges were fucking terrible you don't wanna do these like the most terrible ones too.

R
N
G

HEY WALRUS BOY #1561 Sarang HOW'S YOUR GEM HUNTING going pretty sure this guys been grinding temple for like 42 hours now crazy guy go to bed.

RNG aren't challenges it's fucking stupid hate that shit.

I kinda see it as a win/win though, I either get the 40/40, or I tell GGG to fuck off, uninstall, and free myself from the game. Either way I'm happy.

But I think it's ridiculous that once again we are in Perandus League where it's another one of these "use these devices" challenges.

[Removed by Support]
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by Stacey_GGG on Jun 26, 2018, 8:36:39 PM
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
[

D2 required you to do a campaign area which was the equivalent of doing Piety Runs in the old days.

Why make high level content if you're going to turn people off from running it?

Do you even know what we're talking about here, as you've never had a character higher than 93 lmao

I understand grinds as I grinded 15+ hours a day for weeks(months) in vanilla wow to get high warlord. I didn't do it because it was fun but because I wanted to do it. I also understand how leveling to the cap in POE and D2 works and that it's slow and tedious and you get diminishing XP returns. That's why I personally don't think it's worth it and it never was in D2 either.

I'm saying there's nothing wrong with a game where almost nobody hits the cap or even the last five levels. There's something to be said for goals most people will never even attempt. The leveling is also far easier than it used to be when I followed kripp when he started POE. The speed at which the top SSFHC players hit 100 is astonishing and I wouldn't want those races to be dimished

As far as accomplishments in this game - I just play til I get bored and I play several games actively at a time. I just switched back to D2 to try their ladder as I haven't played in years. But I've never once suggested they make the game more casual as it's great to have hardcore games like this, even if that's not necessarily what I look for anymore.

Last edited by FrodoFraggins on Jun 27, 2018, 2:01:14 AM
The cap wasn't designed to be hit at all initially.

It's just there to give some growth room for future expansions. The average level of players gets a bit higher every other league or two when they raise the max zone you can level in.
"
nEVER_BoRN wrote:
Level 100 is catered toward the streamers, it have no footing in real game attention span.
What i wanna ask is 6 skill points worth your real life time (12h x 10), i figure you can spend that time and actually have fun with other things. That said, its apparent it have no connection to actual player base. Pure twitch product for other sorts of audience.

well that depends on your perspective of the situation, and I feel like your perspective here is very different to GGGs, and that is why you are wrong when you say they have catered lvl100 to streamers.

your presumption is that people are supposed to get to lvl100, and therefor the current balance of only streamers (or people who play the sort of hours and efficiency strats often used by streamers) getting there means the balance is for them. The reality given what they have said about lvl100 since the start is almost certainly that you are not supposed to get to lvl100, the grind is essentially infinite for most players, thats the desired outcome. Therefor the people who cant get to lvl100 are who the balance is catered towards, and the elite xp grinders who manage to get there in a few weeks are people for whom the balance is not working correctly.

Every statement in this thread made under the presumption that you are supposed to get to lvl100 or that theres any reason to is fundamentally flawed and the poster needs a perspective shift tbh. Its not rly them not having a connection to the player base, its the players who make comments like this not rly having a connection to the intended design of the game.
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
I understand grinds as I grinded 15+ hours a day for weeks(months) in vanilla wow to get high warlord. I didn't do it because it was fun but because I wanted to do it.

I hate to shatter your childhood/past, but it didn't take anywhere near, even, 6 hours a day. I'd argue months was off the table, since you could get rank 7-8 in 3~ weeks without a concerted effort.

However, comparatively, getting to level 100 isn't all that rewarding given the time invested, and there's no real showing off like an MMO (such as WoW) would allow. The bragging rights just aren't there in PoE.
"
Eninya wrote:
"
FrodoFraggins wrote:
I understand grinds as I grinded 15+ hours a day for weeks(months) in vanilla wow to get high warlord. I didn't do it because it was fun but because I wanted to do it.

I hate to shatter your childhood/past, but it didn't take anywhere near, even, 6 hours a day. I'd argue months was off the table, since you could get rank 7-8 in 3~ weeks without a concerted effort.

However, comparatively, getting to level 100 isn't all that rewarding given the time invested, and there's no real showing off like an MMO (such as WoW) would allow. The bragging rights just aren't there in PoE.

Maybe your server wasn't competitive but 6 hours a day wouldn't get you shit in the final 6+ week push and yes it required weeks of that. Plus I wanted to jump people in line as I had the time before returning to school. There were like 8 of us all gunning for HWL at a time and after one got it others would enter the chase. Not only was it time consuming but I had no gold to even buy the gear by the end, I had to borrow it from guildies. So yes I understand tedious grinds and yes the rewards were worth it to me.

This is an improved D2 where they kept the same leveling paradigm. And I agree that it's not worth the effort, but that doesn't mean they need to change it. I personally don't think the portal reward for 36 challenges is worth it myself, as I'm already sick of maps, but I don't think they should cater to me and make challenges less tedious. (Map system changes would be nice though )

Anyway, I think it's good for games to have goals that take a lot of time to meet. At least ascendancy or real power isn't tied to hitting level 100.

My only problem with the grind to 100 is that the optimal strategy (solo at least) is make a zoomy pseudo glass cannon then run ez middle tier maps.

My personal preference would be harder high tier content be more rewarding than running toxic sewer and underground sea for high level xp.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info