[3.3] Octavian's RainbowTrap Fire Trap Build. Everything viable.

Hey so I've been doing this build in the Delve league and so far it is going pretty good. However I've ran into one thing which I'm conflicted about, I think I prefer flame dash over shield charge for movement. Shield charge seems to just feel a bit more clunky and sometimes gets me into trouble, annd doesn't feel that much faster than flame dash.

I went Scion, but I'm not sure if I should still be going pathfinder since the movement doesn't really affect me much. What would be the other best option for me?
Quick question, i went for the build and stumbled upon a massive problem in missing dex to upgrade gems.
How do u cover the missing dex early on?
"
fr0z1k wrote:
Quick question, i went for the build and stumbled upon a massive problem in missing dex to upgrade gems.
How do u cover the missing dex early on?

Use a Jade/Onyx/Turquoise/Citrine amulet. Take the Survival Instincts unique jewel for the act 2 sidequest reward. There's also the Alacrity (+30 dex) node which you'll pass by early on if you head "northeast" from the Scion starting point.
"
Gaxe wrote:
Hey so I've been doing this build in the Delve league and so far it is going pretty good. However I've ran into one thing which I'm conflicted about, I think I prefer flame dash over shield charge for movement. Shield charge seems to just feel a bit more clunky and sometimes gets me into trouble, annd doesn't feel that much faster than flame dash.

I went Scion, but I'm not sure if I should still be going pathfinder since the movement doesn't really affect me much. What would be the other best option for me?

Hey i thought the same, but the only real Option for me would be Inquisitor. Maybe i keep pathfinder, the penetration and movementspeed is useful and perma refill of flasks can also be strong.

Another question, Dont we use Any herald or Aura in the Endgame setup?
"
DunklerKoenig wrote:
"
Gaxe wrote:

Hey i thought the same, but the only real Option for me would be Inquisitor. Maybe i keep pathfinder, the penetration and movementspeed is useful and perma refill of flasks can also be strong.

With shield charge it's hard to go through azure mines so im also using flame dash.

To your question: Have you seen the first and most important item in this build? It has blood magic so you can't use any heralds or auras. But author has mention that early on, when you don't have that item, you can use anger to boost your dmg. Please read the guide before asking questions.
Running into a small problem with this build. At level 42, and have the following gear:

Here's my tree so far:

The issue is I don't know how to improve my gear to help with leveling, as the stuff the build needs is a) Too high level to worry about yet, and b) WAY too expensive.

What are some uniques or items or tree tweaks I can focus on getting that will make leveling smooth? Right now Mirebough is preventing me from using shield charge (or flame dash or anyhthing), but it's effectively a 6L which is pretty cool.
"
DunklerKoenig wrote:
"
Gaxe wrote:

Yeah so I did switch to Inquisitor. Also if you are absurdly rich you might be able to fit in a essence worm with anger but that wouldn't really be worth it imo as you'd lose health. Besides that we do enough damage where more damage really isn't even a consideration.
"
saxisa wrote:
Running into a small problem with this build. At level 42, and have the following gear:

Here's my tree so far:

The issue is I don't know how to improve my gear to help with leveling, as the stuff the build needs is a) Too high level to worry about yet, and b) WAY too expensive.

What are some uniques or items or tree tweaks I can focus on getting that will make leveling smooth? Right now Mirebough is preventing me from using shield charge (or flame dash or anyhthing), but it's effectively a 6L which is pretty cool.

Honestly just power through it. Get some abyssal jewels, get a decent 1h weapon with decent spell damage and just keep pushing forward. Fire Trap works perfectly fine on a 4L. There is a period that is rough between A7 and A10, but there isn't really any solution besides just do it.
Last edited by Gaxe on Sep 3, 2018, 3:22:20 PM
"
saxisa wrote:

Here's my tree so far:

Hmm, tell me again how it is effectively a 6 link with aura gem in it? ;) Next basic mistake is doubling trap gem in your boots (one from mod and second you put in). As of gems, you seem not really following the guide, which I could understand becouse maybe of lucky staff drop, but in other items you didnt put the right gems for the build. They are important, they make the build. Drop all which are not listed in the guide except those in staff (but change herald of thunder for added lighting damage maybe) and put the right ones. Change helmet and boots for rare with life and one or two resistances (from helmet you get lightning res and speed, with rare you can have life and 2 res for 1c, boots gives life, which is good and speed is nice too, but you don't need trap support with the right gems, so buy boots with at least 1 res and life. Buy some two-stone rings, for example one with only life and the second without it, but with many res. It is not important to have 2 res and life on each item, but to have res capped and as much life as possible splited on all items overall. For future upgrade buy 5 link armor with life and maybe one res, it should cost max 2c, then good dagger with spell dmg. I bought mine for 3c. Lastly I suggests to read the guid again or watch author's yt guide. Reading comments on pages 8-9 can help too. Sry for grammar mistakes, was writing in hurry.

edit: my dagger
Last edited by Koscigrob on Sep 3, 2018, 3:37:57 PM
Okay good info- and yes I wasn't really getting my 6L out of Mirebough :) Changed things up a bit- leveling with Arc (which I was shooting for before) but shield charge makes a huge difference. Future gemes (fire trap, etc.) are just hanging out for the moment... Current gear:

Seems to be good so far...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info