Why do we have ID and TP scrolls?

"
Bardharr wrote:

- Using currency is fun. Each wisdom scroll is like a lottery ticket.

No, no they are really not fun to use. Just give us an identify all button...
I remember back 5 years or so ago when I first started playing. I was really impressed that everything had value in POE in some sort or another. Now wisdom and tp scrolls are at the bottom of the "food chain" if you will, but I think that there is a certain logic behind almost all of the currency items being able to be part of an upgrade chain and useful in their own way.

To force more play time out of you which in turn forces more mtx money.
Right now id settle to be able to ctrl click an item and have it drop while in a map.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Jun 22, 2018, 9:22:07 PM
"
Bardharr wrote:
We have portal scrolls so there's an item, quick to use, no hotkey required, that can teleport you home. If you do want a "reusable" town portal get a portal gem. You will notice that it doesn't feel nearly as good as using a scroll. Consuming is fun.

Also, identification is required for multiple reasons:
- Identified items clutter the screen immensely, and overload the screen with mostly pointless information.
- Using currency is fun. Each wisdom scroll is like a lottery ticket.
- Wisdom scrolls teach players not to look at items while they are on the ground, but to grab them and look at them later, in town. This makes sure gameplay doesn't get interrupted every 5 seconds.

All in all they exist because they fit in PoE better than the alternatives. Using currency to do stuff. They are the most used currency items by far.

The main problem with ID scrolls is that you have to leave ponetially valuable items on the grond because time spend to pick up that 2-h staff and ID it isnt worth the odds to get something useful. Even though you could leave on ground a 2-h staff with 5xT1 physical DPS mods, that will be mirror-tier item. Same could be said about many other weapons, chests, etc. I simple CANT accept an idea, that i must leave potentially ultra-valuable loot on the ground.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
annoyance items like this have the purpose to be useful so that the game drops useful stuff.

Too bad they didnt implement deckard cain.
Also a "identify item on pickup" gem would work for me.
Getting rid of these slides down the slope to Diablo 3, although even Diablo 2 had Cain to identify everything for you at once
"
Imaginaerum wrote:
Getting rid of these slides down the slope to Diablo 3,

That's not really a good argument. POE and D3 both made changes to D2 and not everything implemented in D3 was horrible. Both games got rid of ammo and the tedious health/mana potion drops and the required belt slots of D2. Both games got rid of stamina.

POE is no longer seen as a second rate diablo clone and doesn't need to worry about what D3 does. They just need to do what's best for the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info