[3.10] Dreamfeather Machine. Champion/Gladiator Build. | All Content! League Starter - Budget!

Hope this build gains a lot from the changes, I usually look to this guide as a base for when I come back to poe every now and then :^)
https://i.redd.it/c51k5bkv8m131.jpg

Gladiator's changes are behind us, old talents unchanged, we got one completely new talent for it and it looks very good and we will definitely be playing at Arena Challenger even if new skill will be required (10% / 20% of mana booking) they will be weak, this talent will compensate and force us to use them. I will give up the Block keystone, besides Block work after Evasion, so it was never particularly strong in this build, we mainly took it because of the lack of altering that is now. For sure I will play under Bleed for what this build is dedicated to, what skills, I have no idea with this we have to wait for the patch note and actually the realese 3.7.

"
Some changes to bleed and poison are coming.

I count the most for that, we wait :)

"
"Single target" melee skills now hit all enemies in the path of the swing. Weapon range scales this quite dramatically.

It seems that we will be able to use Double Strike without melee splash, but all of this needs to be tested live.
"

The new Bladestorm skill performs a spinning attack, damaging enemies around you. It also creates a spinning storm that hits your energy. You can have multiple storms at once, letting you.

It seems to me that this skill will not be great for this build and will not have an approach to Double Strike, but we will see and test it.
Last edited by loczek123 on Jun 2, 2019, 8:43:37 AM
I am excited about 3.7, we'll see....
what are your thoughts on this build with the knowledge we have on 3.7 atm.
Omgwtf double strike now bleeds....
They released a patch note. It looks fantastic.

- There will be a change in Ascendancy.

Blood in the Eyes -> Gratuitous Violence -> Challenger Arena -> Outmatch and Outlast

- Skills, it looks like build will be based on the old good Double Strike and on Lacerate after rework.

"
Double Strike
Now deals base damage equal to, and has an added damage effectiveness of, 91% at gem level 1 (from 70%), up to 112% at gem level 20 (from 94%).
Now has a 25% chance to cause bleeding.
Now has an attack speed multiplier of 80%.

"
Lacerate
As previously, slashes the air twice, dealing damage in two overlapping areas of effect, with the possibility that enemies in the overlapping area will be hit by both.
Now has different behaviour depending on whether you are in Sand Stance of Blood Stance. You are in Blood Stance by default.
While in Blood Stance, now has a 25% chance to cause bleeding, and causes you to deal 50% more damage with bleeding at gem level 1, up to 88% more at gem level 20.
While in Sand Stance, now increases the width of the slash areas of effect by 50%.
Now deals base damage equal to, and has an added damage effectiveness of, 100% at gem level 1 (from 60%), up to 123% at gem level 20 (from 74%).
Now adds 5 to 8 physical damage to attacks at gem level 1, up to 75 to 113 at gem level 20.
Now has an attack speed multiplier of 60%.

I will also test two new gems: Bladestorm, Perforate, But it looks less promising than Double and Lacerate.

- Support Gem, it will probably be worth using Fortify in the main setup, probably in place of Maim / Brutality.

"
Supported skills now have 15% increased Fortify duration at gem level 1, up to 34% at gem level 20 (from 25% at all gem levels).
Supported skills now deal 20% more melee physical damage at gem level 1 (from 25% increased melee physical damage) up to 34% more at gem level 20 (from 44% increased).
Supported skills now deal 20% more damage with bleeding and poison caused by melee hits at gem level 1, up to 34% more at gem level 20.

There will be a need for Close Combat tests for Double Strike setup.

- Auras, obviously Grace (50%), then we need to use Blood and Sand (10%) or Flesh and Stone (25%). I do not know how much Flesh and Stone will be useful, if it is weak then we will use Blood and Sand only to generate charge. as a supplement, we will probably use the Herald of Purity. Unless one of the new auras will have a low mana cost and it will work well. I'm talking about Pride. Although I bet that it will have a cost of 50% of mana.

The changes are really big so it's hard to state clearly what will work best even with the knowledge of the patch note, so I will be currently edited during the league, there is a lot to test, I'm also open to any suggestions.
One thing is for sure, build will gain a lot from the buffs that come out in this patch 3.7

Now we have to wait for the Passive skill tree and the look of the gems. When we have everything, I will throw it as a whole into the first post.

Last edited by loczek123 on Jun 5, 2019, 10:59:35 AM
Hi! Pob already got skill tree, will u update it?
"
Hi! Pob already got skill tree, will u update it?

Sure. Ready, below link to PoB but only with passives, there is a tree with 36/55/75/95 and 115 points inside

https://pastebin.com/7ZA8ExBA
Last edited by loczek123 on Jun 5, 2019, 8:18:10 PM
Thinking of running this build for this league, will be checking up this build post for more updates but just wanted to ask if you have any leveling advice for the build if ever? Also this is my third league and I'm hoping this build is the one that brings me to finishing elder/shaper haha
Watched Nugi's stream earlier and got inspired to play a bleed gladiator, then I found this guide. Since then I've been prototyping stuff but it's currently hard to know how it will be because PoB is not fully up to date with the new skills and they have yet to release the blood/sand stuff information. I'm currently trying to figure out if it's better to go full bleed damage, full attack damage, or a mix of both. With this optimized I believe we could easily reach 1m DPS.
For now, this is what I'm looking at: https://pastebin.com/PLXaNYiN
Please tell me what you guys think and how we could improve.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info