Someone Please explain one player having 10 Mirros in incursion?

You have no idea how fast you can build currency early in the league with a few methods.

Here is some of my favorite early league currency building methods:

1. Selling elder/shaper ilvl80+ bases early on. Sceptres, daggers, quivers, helms. These things sell LIKE HOT CAKES. 50 chaos to 5ex for certain ones early on.

2. Lab farming + enchanting white ilvl 84+ helms / unique helms. Huge profit to be had here with an efficent lab farmer. Some lion pelts or burgonets with the proper enchant and ilvl sell for like 1-5 exalt easily.

3. Carry services. You bascally trade a small amount of your time for chance at big profits with services that can earn you 20-30-40% of item drops for other people on the carry runs. Watcher eyes etc etc etc.

4. Master services. Some people all they do early league is run masters and get to 8 super fast. Check out TreeOfDead master services. That guy MAKES A FORTUNE, every league like that.

5. Being online all day long, set up your item indexers to find the correct items and buy cheap - resell for a profit.'

It really isn't rocket science. But the most important factor is PUTTING IN THE REQUIRED HOURS. Play every goddam day of the week for many hours. Be efficient at what you choose to do.

"
Nephalim wrote:

I can not really fathom why players would so willingly be used by others as trade mules. Where does one find such players? Are they being paid out at the end of the league by their masters?

They probably getting paid shit. It's just one guy that takes all the credit usually. I recall in another podcast zizaran talking how they had one guy trading and another farming uber lab when they were pushing in turmoil race or smth like that. Who gets the rank 1 in the leaderboard? Is the guys that was doing the dirty job for fyndel being metioned here? No, people are talking how the guy has 10 mirrors.

As said https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxdwEOpGknk "Some of them want to use you, some of them want to get used by you. Some of them want to abuse you, some of them want to be abused". They simply exist and certain people are quick to pounce on them.

"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Jun 20, 2018, 12:37:47 PM
A newish player will have fun helping a top player, and will probably make 10 times more value on it than he normally would have without the top player connection.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
well, its flippers right. Some people just like playing the economy, flipping gear, trading all day.

They talk in that podcast about how it works, a guy has 30c, they get him to go buy them breach splinters and he can double his 30c every 10-15 mins. the guys got a private indexer, he goes around trying to mass buy ppls full stock of splinters from anyone with a bulk of them at a discount on market price, and then voc and fyndel will overpay them slightly on market rates for the splinters they get, the difference in the amounts the little elf then keeps.

If you are the sort of person who flips, this is just giving you a focus, giving you a dedicated buyer for your flips so you can instantly sell and then buy more without going through listing and worrying about if your shit will sell etc. Youre flipping to order and making your flippers profits from them. The talk about the ppl doing the bitching for them having their own mirrors etc, these ppl are making a ton of money that theyre then pumping back into their own flipping ventures on the side etc.

There was a post on the forums a while ago from a guy who flipped his way to 2 mirrors in 2 weeks, and he was having to borrow currency from his guild tog et going because he wasnt actually playing, how some of the things he invested in didnt pay off etc. This takes away all that, it gives you a bank behind you to keep you funded, gives you a shopping list of guaranteed money flips. Voc said he himself was bitching for the group at points early on.

In the past when ppl in my guild were running atziri Id run around in docks etc gathering frags for them, and then running down frags in a map device to turn them into full sets. When they were running uber Id chain normal atziri to build mortal sets for them. Now, was I bitching for them? Ya sort of. But consider that Im vastly richer than them virtually every league, nothing theyre doing I couldnt do, Im a vastly more wealthy and experienced player than them, I just dont care. Theyre my friends, theyre having fun, Im helping them out and together were enjoying the little venture.

When I was making those lyco shields in bestiary it got to the point where I was making so many of them it was getting annoying to sell them, Id list them for 2ex when market average was 2.2 cause I wanted quick sales in order to fund making more shields. I noticed 2 guys constantly messaging me, they had bought 10+ shields off me in a single day, so I just got talking to one of them and said hey, you flipping these shields Im selling? You want me to just message you every time I have 3 of them for 2ex each and you buy in bulk rather than going through poe.trade and potentially lowering the market value by my constant undercutting? Yep. So I was just selling in bulk to these flippers for the ease of it. Were they bitching for me? Sort of, but it wasnt even a precalculated thing, he was already flipping, I was already upgrading the shields, it just came together naturally, no one was really the underling, we were just both profiting from the interaction.

So I dont think it rly has to be a pathetic individual, these guys probably dont care about ladder ranks etc, theyre just making more money than they would make on their own and theyre enjoying being part of a team effort with their friends. Someone has to be the goalkeeper right? Not everyone can be the striker scoring the goals, or even wants to be.
It's A digital ecosystem. The complex of digital organisms, their virtual environment, and all their interrelationships in a particular unit of space (PoE). One of the things that make the game great.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Jun 20, 2018, 7:13:03 PM
Find a way to get someone with an exalt to give you that exalt. Doesn't matter how. Could be ethical. Could be unethical. Doesn't matter. Multiply that by 1,000 or more... there's lots of players out there. You're done.
"
Dkodr wrote:
It's A digital ecosystem. The complex of digital organisms, their virtual environment, and all their interrelationships in a particular unit of space (PoE). One of the things that make the game great.

^

Good way to put it. People are thinking way too small in this game.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
No one has explained where all these legitimately acquired mirrors end up yet. Do people really think that currency that would be worth thousands of dollars on the black market ends up sitting in people's standard stash while the owner no lifes the next league?
"You want it to be one way, but it's the other way"
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Find a way to get someone with an exalt to give you that exalt. Doesn't matter how. Could be ethical. Could be unethical. Doesn't matter. Multiply that by 1,000 or more... there's lots of players out there. You're done.

That pretty much sums it up - getting people to trade/give up their find. It's not so much one person finding on their own as managing to convince others to fork over their find.

In the end how much does it really matter - in-game wealth doesn't translate to real-world given rmt scaling.

All that really should matter is one finding ways to enjoy their game when it comes down to it.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
No one has explained where all these legitimately acquired mirrors end up yet. Do people really think that currency that would be worth thousands of dollars on the black market ends up sitting in people's standard stash while the owner no lifes the next league?

A friend of mine has 1.2k mirrors in standard do you think he RMT'd it?

OMEGALUL
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info