[3.2] HoWAbout Occultist. Shaper/Uber Elder, Minotaur flaskless on 1L!!

"
knehtq wrote:
I'm a bit stuck for now. I have about 10 spare ex, what improvements should i get or focus on getting?

well your gear is already great, your upgrades are just about min-maxing.
some upgrades I could think of are a jewel with "gain % of maximum mana as extra energy shield while affected by clarity" and "increased lightning damage while affected by wrath" or better "lightning penetration w/ wrath" (which is very expensive at the moment, about 20-25 exalted)
or a way cheaper upgrade to damage boost, a jewel with energy shield recovery while affected by discipline and lightning penetration instead of increased lightning damage (14-15% penetration gives way more damage than "increased lightning damage") or you can choose a ES gained on hit jewel for more sustain.
another good upgrade would be a helmet with 3 projectiles and at least 30 intelligence on it, or even better, nearby enemies have -9% lightning resistance (makes a noticeable difference in terms of dps)
then, if you rework a bit your links, I guess you can link wrath with enlighten and empower and have even more dps, moving discipline to another socket to keep enough unreserved mana
Last edited by Giammafix on Oct 19, 2018, 1:16:57 PM
"
Giammafix wrote:
"
knehtq wrote:
I'm a bit stuck for now. I have about 10 spare ex, what improvements should i get or focus on getting?

well your gear is already great, your upgrades are just about min-maxing.
some upgrades I could think are a jewel with "gain % of maximum mana as extra energy shield while affected by clarity" and "increased lightning damage while affected by wrath" or better "lightning penetration w/ wrath" (which is very expensive at the moment, about 20-25 exalted)
or a way cheaper upgrade to damage boost, a jewel with energy shield recovery while affected by discipline and lightning penetration instead of increased lightning damage (14-15% penetration gives way more damage than "increased lightning damage") or you can choose a ES gained on hit jewel for more sustain.
another good upgrade would be a helmet with 3 projectiles and at least 30 intelligence on it, or even better, nearby enemies have -9% lightning resistance (makes a noticeable difference in terms of dps)
then, if you rework a bit your links, I guess you can link wrath with enlighten and empower and have even more dps, moving discipline to another socket to keep enough unreserved mana

Ty for reply! All further upgrades are quit pricey for me i guess,so gonna keep farming
"
knehtq wrote:

Ty for reply! All further upgrades are quit pricey for me i guess,so gonna keep farming

yep they are pretty expensive being your gear already good, but these will give you the most damage
and personally I would link wrath with enlighten and empower leaving discipline alone.
yesterday I've recorded one of my uber elder runs, only one death at the end because of a slow, smooth for the rest.
will upload another one next time I'll do it deathless!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUUtkbIOge4&t=
Managed to kill uber elder first time, although used for a few sets to kill it but it will be easier next time once i got the experience.
"
Giammafix wrote:
"
knehtq wrote:

yep they are pretty expensive being your gear already good, but these will give you the most damage
and personally I would link wrath with enlighten and empower leaving discipline alone.
yesterday I've recorded one of my uber elder runs, only one death at the end because of a slow, smooth for the rest.

Can you run HoT, Wrath, Discipline and Clarity in the same setup (with Empower that is)? I'm currently running the first three, but my mana pool already mostly reserved (without an Empower).
"
ryatwo wrote:
"
Giammafix wrote:
"
knehtq wrote:

Can you run HoT, Wrath, Discipline and Clarity in the same setup (with Empower that is)? I'm currently running the first three, but my mana pool already mostly reserved (without an Empower).

Hello, it depends. If you don't have a watcher's eye with "% of maximum mana gained as extra as with clarity" you have to run discipline, so you'll probably end up with wrath linked with enlighten and empower, and discipline in another socket (assuming you have enough resistances you don't need to run purity of elements).
I have the clarity watcher's eye, therefore I don't run discipline (only vaal discipline as a panic button) and can run wrath, herald of thunder, enlighten and empower all linked together (and clarity active in a different socket).
This last setup is pretty flexible, so I change it a bit for the uber elder, linking wrath with empower and enlighten, and running purity of ice in a different socket instead of herald of thunder.
Since I have a white socket on helm, I switch empower with arctic armour against certain bosses with heavy mods (guardian of the phoenix and minotaur) when I mostly need to stay alive, but it's just min-maxing.
Is there a way to run all four at once? I have enough resistances to not run Purity of Elements.

I was thinking level 4 Empower and the mana reservation nodes. Need to use th Clarity Watchers Eye as I do not have enough ES (only 8100 as of now).
"
ryatwo wrote:
Is there a way to run all four at once? I have enough resistances to not run Purity of Elements.

I was thinking level 4 Empower and the mana reservation nodes. Need to use th Clarity Watchers Eye as I do not have enough ES (only 8100 as of now).

well, without purity of elements you might run all of them, but you'll have to take enough mana reservation nodes and use enlighten I guess.
in my case, I have the resistances I need on my jewels, so I cannot give up the nodes to the jewel slots to take the mana reservation nodes, and even if I fix my resistances elsewhere and replace those nodes, that won't give me an upgrade.
To see what's best for your character, you should try some different configurations on path of building like I did, to find out if you can run all auras and have a real benefit before buying the jewel
Last edited by Giammafix on Oct 21, 2018, 6:37:47 PM
I haven't used mana reservation nodes for quite some time - is it just the Sovereignty wheel?

I ran the Watcher's Eye jewel and my ES went up to 9400, which I think is a worthwhile investment because I do feel a bit squishy at times.

EDIT: I am playing a Scion (which also explains the lower than average ES), so I have I think 4 extra points to spend? Will play around with PoB, and the aura calculation tool still considered a reliable resource?
Last edited by ryatwo on Oct 22, 2018, 3:16:28 AM
"
ryatwo wrote:
I haven't used mana reservation nodes for quite some time - is it just the Sovereignty wheel?

I ran the Watcher's Eye jewel and my ES went up to 9400, which I think is a worthwhile investment because I do feel a bit squishy at times.

EDIT: I am playing a Scion (which also explains the lower than average ES), so I have I think 4 extra points to spend? Will play around with PoB, and the aura calculation tool still considered a reliable resource?

well, you may take the 4% reduced mana reservation node on the opposite side of chaos inoculation, or take the 3 points for charisma (right under the fertile mind jewel slot, on the right side of the tree)
taking these points, I might run herald of thunder, wrath and discipline all together linked with enlighten on my character, plus clarity in a different socket of course.
doing this would make me give up empower, and therefore have a bit less damage, and since I already have 12k ES I think it's enough :)
as you said, the scion has lower ES than the occultist, but could have more dps with similar gear, you should try and see on path of building, because you might not need all those 4 mana reservation nodes to make it work!
I'm not using the aura calculation tool at the moment but I think it's reliable; anyway, PoB is still perfectly accurate regarding the mana reservation

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info