[3.3] CI Caustic Arrow by Paige | SC/HC | Immortal | Guardians/Shaper/Uber | AFK Uber Labs | T17+

"
livejamie wrote:
"
OhhPaigey wrote:
"
Immortalis18 wrote:
How viable on SSF flashback do you think this would be (SC). I have been looking for a good CA build for a long time and I theory crafted my own today. My tree ended up very similar to yours but the gear was much different. I love the use of the quiver but I feel like league start SSF, it would be decently hard to get unless i get lucky and chance it. Any advice? and would you suggest not running this build at all untill I get the quiver? or could I just go about my low level maps using whatever I find until I get lucky?

I think this build is a great league starter.

Is leveling better as BV or CA?

Depends on what you enjoy more. I think BV is gonna be a little more efficient. But CA works too.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
First off thank you for a very refreshingly different build that still looks incredibly viable! I have never played caustic arrow or essence drain so I am wondering when you would use caustic arrow and when to use essence drain?
"
soultari wrote:
First off thank you for a very refreshingly different build that still looks incredibly viable! I have never played caustic arrow or essence drain so I am wondering when you would use caustic arrow and when to use essence drain?

Typically Eseence Drain for single target, Caustic Arrow for general map clearing, if you are fighting a boss where you can soak a few hits, then keeping both up on the boss will increase damage.
“No matter where you are in life, no matter what you’ve contributed to creating, no matter what’s happening, you are always doing the best you can with the understanding and awareness and knowledge that you have.”

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
Nice build. Leveled to 100, killed uber elder. It was fun.
"
NightRain19 wrote:

Thank you! Great to hear!

www.twitch.tv/ohhpaigey
"
NightRain19 wrote:

Interesting, you used Vaal Blight/Blight for single target instead of Essence Drain?

No Mirage Archer on Caustic Arrow either?

What was your strategy like?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
Interesting, you used Vaal Blight/Blight for single target instead of Essence Drain?

No Mirage Archer on Caustic Arrow either?

What was your strategy like?

I like Blight alot,and wanted to try out Vaal Blight. Turns out it is pretty strong.
Is Blight better than ED for single target? In most cases, yes. Especially if you take the Void Beacon node. Exceptions are bosses that require you to stay mobile, but with Occultist's ridiculous regen, there are not a lot of them. Blight is a bit less safe compared to ED ofcourse, due to having to stand close to enemies.

I tried Mirache Archer, did not like it at all. Needs to hit an enemy to activate while I prefer to shoot in the general direction of enemies instead of having to aim at a specific one, the Mirage couldn't keep up with it's 60% less attack speed modifier, and only 4 seconds uptime felt bad. I cleared a lot faster using just another damage support, slower projectiles in my case.

Strategy for general mapping, leveling to 100, or uber elder?
I am sure there is mirror similarity between this and the ranger but how do you feel with the upcoming changes related to this build? Any Gem changes? How would the links be affected if at all? Vicious Projectiles seems like a worthwhile addition?
Would love to see an update, yeah. :)
livejamie
yeah time to play CA OCC again *happy*
can't wait to test Herald of Agony
Last edited by BeRse on Aug 29, 2018, 7:04:48 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info