Why do you force players to do boring puzzles to get acendancy skills?

"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Chadwixx wrote:
I dont understand how people like traps, its an arpg game not pitfall.

They are probably really weird

It's not that we like traps, it's just that we don't bitch about them, accept their challenge and move on with our lives. There's a clear difference between that and liking traps.

You conflate "challenge" with "disliked aspect of the game."

Don't mean to pick on you, but it's an exceptionally common mistake among Labyrinth apologists. If all disliked aspects of the game were in fact "challenges," then there would be no reason to make any QoL improvements, ever.

That said, I still stand by my former statement. GGG is demonstrably horrible and slow at fixing widely criticized aspects of the game, and a Tencent-controlled GGG is probably going to be even worse.

Profits, not quality, are king. Or rather emperor, I should say.
Wash your hands, Exile!
Last edited by gibbousmoon on Jun 19, 2018, 8:12:18 AM
Traps are gay. Nothing new.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
"
MindGem wrote:
Seems like the acendancy skills is the end game, the thing you strive to get to start your end game fun. But you require players to do those boring mini-game puzzles in order to get them?

That is stupid. Why would I ever want to do a boring puzzle in a hack n slash game.
Can you please come to your senses and remove the requiement or make them more in line of the general game core.
Yes, doing the end-game trails can feel pretty boring. It take some time until you got them all to open the uber-lab. However, it is part of the heavy grind you can find in this game. GGG uses this concept several times to make access to end-game content more time consuming. The design of both the trials and the lab itself is arguable the most controversal topic in this game (Some love it. Some hate it. Others don't care much.)
Expect to do 200+ maps to be "entitled" due to the grind to open the uber-lab.

At least, you have to unlock this only once in standard. This can be boring. The issue get worse if playing leagues where you have to unlock it for every league again. IMHO, GGG could make it more easy to get all trials, if one did unlock them once.

Anyways, if you are tired of the grind and looking for getting all trials quickly, then you maybe want to ask in global channel 820 for the those that you are missing.

Btw, there have been many improvements to the lab-related content over the years now. Maybe GGG is willing to touch the trials for the good of improving access to the uber-lab.
Let's explore new playstyles - Play it your own way, not just like the others.
Quality management is one of the most underrated success factors in every business...
Here is the good question: why do we need to do the trials(the normal ones, not the uber ones) every new league even though they haven't changed at all since the lab came online? This to me is the stupidest idea ever, let us run the labs up to uber without them.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:
Here is the good question: why do we need to do the trials(the normal ones, not the uber ones) every new league even though they haven't changed at all since the lab came online? This to me is the stupidest idea ever, let us run the labs up to uber without them.

PoE is based on totally outdated things. Trials? They are just… inconvenient. Compare it to “masters” levelling. Hello “Vorici keep target alive for 8 seconds” or “don’t leave or die” in Zana’s map, while you have to do “another master mission” (vorici 8 sec. :P) . Or Eleron stupidities “defend relic” without timer. Compare trials to fiddling with some shitty prophecy. “Go, find crappy monster which drops useless crap”. Or challenge like “release essence of diarrhea”.
"
Johny_Snow wrote:

They take such a little amount of time that it shouldn't be that big of a deal to redo it.

Part of the reason you do is to keep you from doing the lab earlier then you should as well as ensuring that everyone, including players that haven't played before, can start on the same playing field.

At least its not character bound.
https://youtu.be/T9kygXtkh10?t=285

FeelsBadMan

Remove MF from POE, make juiced map the new MF.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info