[3.7] CI Apep's Supremacy Flicker Strike Trickster (BUILD OF THE WEEK)

"
shadoweco08 wrote:
tips for running uber elder?

uelder is really hard for flicker. my tip is, dont try.
"
DripShadow wrote:
First of all, Thank You to Holly for still contributing to this thread. Also thank you for this build, because in all my Action RPGs (diablo, etc) anything somewhat like this is the way I prefer to play, since I'm a rogue/thief main anyways.

With that being said--question:

I'm more of a 'Dagger' kind of rogue guy. Is the reason why you prefer claw over dagger in this build other than purely because of the leech sustain and poison dps? I, like shadoweco08, would prefer to use a dagger, and am wondering how much dps/utility would one really be missing out on using a dagger over claw...(i guess the self poison for elem resist is important too right?). I could always mtx the claw into a dagger, but mtx daggers in anygame have never looked better than the ones designed in-game.

Once again, thanks for the build. It made no sense that a dex/roguey skill was only chainable/frenzy sustained through TWO 2H SWORDS!!! Not dex-like at all, totally ruined the fantasy. Without the chain, flicker strike is basically useless imo, but i'm new so I could be wrong.

u just made me realize something... well, i'll explain.

In poe, daggers tend to specialize in high crit and poison. Claw tends to specialize in leeching fast, fast attacks, and life gain on hit. The other options is one-hand swords (tends to have high accuracy, bleed), and foils (fast attacks, bleed, and crit). Note that foils are swords too.

I originally made the build with a claw because ES builds can't use a flask to heal, so it's desirable to be able to leech really fast to heal. Well, GGG changed the leech mechanics this league and now, SOME life leech mods do not work anymore for ES builds.

So, as long as u get a source of "% of phys damage leeched as life" somewhere, maybe on a jewel, theres no longer a good reason to keep using claws....

Man, i need to change my guide.....

short story, go ahead and use daggers. Note that they are slower than claws tho. and make sure u find a source of leech.

Thank you kindly! Lightning fast response!
Yoh! Tips for running hall of grandmasters?
is it viable?
if so Ruthless or melee splash?
"
shadoweco08 wrote:
Yoh! Tips for running hall of grandmasters?
is it viable?
if so Ruthless or melee splash?

hogm is tough... i dont have great advice. the enemies might block your hits, so u deal 0 damage. or evade it. it helps if u have hits cant be evaded" i guess.

ruthless probably. u have to take them out quick.
well, my itens:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/GeneralGrievousBR/characters

General_of_CE

I really wanted someone to help me and tell me why my build is not hurting, what's going on !? I'm a little sad because of all the models of Flicker Strike in the last 4 years that was the only one that for some reason is not working, is it just because of the weapon !? For those who can help me, I thank you in advance.

:/

411.07 of pDPS:

Rarity: Rare
Carrion Skewer
Jewelled Foil
--------
One Handed Sword
Quality: +36% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 147-260 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 6.87% (augmented)
Attacks per Second: 2.02 (augmented)
Weapon Range: 12
--------
Requirements:
Level: 70
Str: 83
Dex: 212
Int: 68
--------
Sockets: R-R-G
--------
Item Level: 84
--------
+25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
--------
Adds 24 to 39 Physical Damage
26% increased Attack Speed
Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers (crafted)
127% increased Physical Damage (crafted)
25% increased Critical Strike Chance (crafted)
+16% to Quality (crafted)
Last edited by GeneralGrievousBR on May 13, 2019, 9:37:04 AM
"
well, my itens:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/GeneralGrievousBR/characters

General_of_CE

I really wanted someone to help me and tell me why my build is not hurting, what's going on !? I'm a little sad because of all the models of Flicker Strike in the last 4 years that was the only one that for some reason is not working, is it just because of the weapon !? For those who can help me, I thank you in advance.

:/

411.07 of pDPS:

Rarity: Rare
Carrion Skewer
Jewelled Foil
--------
One Handed Sword
Quality: +36% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 147-260 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 6.87% (augmented)
Attacks per Second: 2.02 (augmented)
Weapon Range: 12
--------
Requirements:
Level: 70
Str: 83
Dex: 212
Int: 68
--------
Sockets: R-R-G
--------
Item Level: 84
--------
+25% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
--------
Adds 24 to 39 Physical Damage
26% increased Attack Speed
Can have multiple Crafted Modifiers (crafted)
127% increased Physical Damage (crafted)
25% increased Critical Strike Chance (crafted)
+16% to Quality (crafted)

your rings and belt have resists and almost nothing else. get es and added phys.

quality flasks. get a watchers eye

Otherwise, im not sure what is the issue. what isnt working? also, change tree to this

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.6.4/AAAABAYCAQW1BiAGogbnBx4M8g18DkgPxBFQEZYWvxfcGyUfQSL0JP0nqSoLLL8wfDGwM6M31Dt8Ps9GcUcGSVFLrlFHV8lauV3yX2pgQ2obaoxsCGwLbRltbG49cFJ0oHX9f8aAs4MJhG-J04sOjDaNv4_6kUeTJ5UumFOhL6KjotmkBaXLpyuw2LQMtMW1SLjKvea-Or6AvorBAMLsyBTK08v10NDUQtRS2VvaO9vn3L3nD-dU53TpAuq67BjtP_DV8Yr1S_Vv_rP_3g==?accountName=GeneralGrievousBR&realm=pc&characterName=General_of_CE

Hello there,

I've used Flashback league to test out many versions of Flicker strike, before 3.7.
As Flicker is one of my favorite melee skill with Reave, after gathering all of the pieces of the build and once everything is in place, to be honest, i'm pretty amazed by what it brings on the table.

#slowclap.

I'm playing around your build right now, to tweak it and adapt it to myself and fitting more to my playstyle and i'm wondering some stuff. Maybe some people could help me out on that.

1/ I'm actually using Corrupted Shaper's gloves, with Vulnerability on hit. Allowing me to get ride of Bleeding Support on Flicker. Works wonder (except on Hexproof map of course, i'll switch out one gem on the 6L for it).

That's not "better"?

2/ I'm not fan of all the "Cast when damage taken" setup everywhere, as it's to me slots wasted. Nonetheless, i love the Enfeeble idea and still trying to find a way to get 2 curses, extra survivability sounds juicy.

a : The only way to fill it sounds to be Corrupted amulet, right?

b : I'm actually working on removing some gems/setup to add Animate Guardian, equiped with many "max life/% max life and two juicy items : Kingsmaker and Victario's Flight. Getting Culling Strike AND Fortify for free AND 50% crit multi too... With some MoveSpeed too.
Adding Minion Life/Resist and Empower, the AG should be able pretty easily to survive (even without minions node) as we Blink in/out pretty fast and he's jumping to us almost instantaneously. Maybe a random line on a jewel for regen too.. Not sure.
Added a Vengeance too, sounds a good "free addition" to our kit. :)

3/ Totems : I guess we can't get Chance to Bleed on them? (as it's reflected to us anyway?)
I was thinking adding Bloodlust on the 6L for boss, not sure if there's anyway to get them to bleed?

Thanks again for this build. <3
Last edited by Ae_Evo on May 25, 2019, 5:11:44 PM
"
Ae_Evo wrote:

1/ I'm actually using Corrupted Shaper's gloves, with Vulnerability on hit. Allowing me to get ride of Bleeding Support on Flicker. Works wonder (except on Hexproof map of course, i'll switch out one gem on the 6L for it).

Hey, are you using this now and can confirm that Vulnerability + Golen Rule triggers self-bleeding?

I tried this recently and didn't get it to work, other people have reported the same issue and the gem description says "Cursed Enemies have 20% chance to Bleed when Hit by Attacks" i.e. not necessarily inflicted by the player which would explain not triggering the Golden Rule mechanics.

At the moment I am running 3-4 jewels with 5% bleed chance, would love to switch to Vulnerability-corrupted gloves if possible...

Cheers
"
"
Ae_Evo wrote:

Hey, are you using this now and can confirm that Vulnerability + Golen Rule triggers self-bleeding?

I tried this recently and didn't get it to work, other people have reported the same issue and the gem description says "Cursed Enemies have 20% chance to Bleed when Hit by Attacks" i.e. not necessarily inflicted by the player which would explain not triggering the Golden Rule mechanics.

At the moment I am running 3-4 jewels with 5% bleed chance, would love to switch to Vulnerability-corrupted gloves if possible...

Cheers

Hello, you can check my profile (EvoTempTrick) to see what i'm running right now. That's not finished and "optimized" but yeah.
(Minion gem are only here for leveling right now, pending my AG 21, should be POG soon ^^)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info