[3.5] Ghoulish Overkill! Zombie+Skeleton Baron build

"
Thanks for the insight and remarks. I jsut turn 71 and having done Merc labs now, leading around with 3x Skeletons it makes alot more sense now. One skeleton was rather forgettable before, and I can see how welcome their added dps is now.

Yeah, I'd have left the skeletons until after eternal lab, personally, but having 3 drop down really, really makes a difference in their utility.

Update: I posted a vid of running arsenal with zero zombie deaths. Expect more later this week. Fairly certain I've got plenty of time to play this week.
Last edited by Orangeuglad on Jun 17, 2018, 4:50:23 PM
How did you level?
"
Eakrich wrote:
How did you level?
level 1-12 Freezing pulse w/ +1 cold gems weapon or Lifesprig.
level 12-50 Arc w/ 4L zombies for support damage
level 50-100 full zombie/skeleton focus.
"
Eakrich wrote:
How did you level?

Thanks for the question! That's something I didn't really think about putting into the build. Will have it updated by the end of the day.
Toke was in fact correct. Amusingly though, facebreaker is also a solid option for levelling if you've got it laying around, as is just about any spell. Iron will + arc gets silly.
Hey Orange,

Awesome build! I have a quick question. I am around level 35 or so using SRS/zombies and would like to transition into this build.

However, I am SSFHC and do not have a Baron. Do you know the most efficient way to try and farm this? I know it is a level 26 in a 'close helmet' so I didn't know if I should just farm solaris/lunaris in a3 and chance the close helmets that drop.

Let me know if you can think of a better way!

Thanks man.
"
CircAGG wrote:
Hey Orange,

Awesome build! I have a quick question. I am around level 35 or so using SRS/zombies and would like to transition into this build.

However, I am SSFHC and do not have a Baron. Do you know the most efficient way to try and farm this? I know it is a level 26 in a 'close helmet' so I didn't know if I should just farm solaris/lunaris in a3 and chance the close helmets that drop.

Thanks man.

I don't play SSF, so I'm not as knowledgeable about your question as I'd like to be, but what you wrote out seems to be the most logical option.
I've also seen Catarina (and I think Haku but not 100%) have it as her daily legendary while on Standard, so make sure and level her up to 8 ASAP.
"
CircAGG wrote:
Hey Orange,

Thanks man.

while i dont play SSF i did find 1 baron in act 3 or 4 (can't remember which),and 1 in a T2 map,could also try the sacrifice altar in incursion temple,one of my friends got a baron from there.

@orange,thanks for the build,the dmg is pretty retarded on the zombies though running a slightly diff set up at mo.
"
Valkirth wrote:

while i dont play SSF i did find 1 baron in act 3 or 4 (can't remember which),and 1 in a T2 map,could also try the sacrifice altar in incursion temple,one of my friends got a baron from there.

@orange,thanks for the build,the dmg is pretty retarded on the zombies though running a slightly diff set up at mo.

No prob bud. The real key to the build is realizing that mon'tregul's is a noob trap, that the victario shield is amazing, and seeing how to get infinite slams on zombies.
oooor, just use phys skels and ramp the dps up to around 2 mil base, 8 mil vaal, with 7k+ life, 1.2k life reg and stuff =) *duck and gone*

but for real, what i wanted to ask is, why you have shock in the build, i mean, hasn´t it been changed to apply only up to a certain health pool?
at least last time i checked, even with 2 million dps skels i can´t get the shock higher than 3 million life on monsters, so it would be useless against all the big bosses.

if shock would work anyway that would be awesome... dps through the roof
"
lalelunatic wrote:
oooor, just use phys skels and ramp the dps up to around 2 mil base, 8 mil vaal, with 7k+ life, 1.2k life reg and stuff =) *duck and gone*

but for real, what i wanted to ask is, why you have shock in the build, i mean, hasn´t it been changed to apply only up to a certain health pool?
at least last time i checked, even with 2 million dps skels i can´t get the shock higher than 3 million life on monsters, so it would be useless against all the big bosses.

if shock would work anyway that would be awesome... dps through the roof

On the first thing: You're correct. You can have just a skeleton build here without the zombies, and do nearly as much damage as the zombies do. That's your prerogative.

On the shock, it really depends. So, on shaper (20,000,000 total life -- the highest in the game atm -- elder in uber elder fight matches this), you're absolutely correct, on average, each hit will not shock.

However, it takes doing 1% of shaper's max life once every 4 seconds to apply the shock debuff (entirely possible on a skeleton's crit. Those things go through the ROOF), with crits. It still won't be the highest % OF shock debuff, however, it's entirely feasible to have a source of shocked ground via vaal lightning trap, or Vinktar's, and hit shaper (he's gonna shock you for 50% anyway, you might as well)

However, I have nearly no way of calculating probabilities of a skeleton hitting a near-max crit, or scaling up/down the value of the shock, so I just leave it on. If you've got better information than I do, I would LOVE to have it, and would happily fix my calculations.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info