[3.5] Ghoulish Overkill! Zombie+Skeleton Baron build

"
TokeMcBong wrote:
"
Flavoi1 wrote:
Hey

Will you update this guide for 3.4 or maybe share a POB link for the new skilltree?
This build will be pretty sweet for the delves i think...
Yes, we will be posting an update to the build as soon as we can. This patch looks like another substantial buff for the build.

Really a buff? Few nodes (Spiritual Command and new Minion wheel) got atk speed for minions now. I thought that atk speed for minions is bad (because zombies would not use slma only).
"
pyroisback wrote:
"
TokeMcBong wrote:
"
Flavoi1 wrote:
Hey

Will you update this guide for 3.4 or maybe share a POB link for the new skilltree?
This build will be pretty sweet for the delves i think...
Yes, we will be posting an update to the build as soon as we can. This patch looks like another substantial buff for the build.

Really a buff? Few nodes (Spiritual Command and new Minion wheel) got atk speed for minions now. I thought that atk speed for minions is bad (because zombies would not use slma only).

The buff comes from us gaining back 6-7 extra pathing nodes and we get an extra spectre now. Most likely the pathing will be removing the points above the templar start in favour of the Specre node north of the witch. This is enough for us to pick up another 20-30% maximum life in exchange for a small amount of minion damage. We're also toying around with the idea of Dominating Blow and possibly Herald of Purity in some way, but we need the gems on live to test with before saying yes/no to those ideas.

Also Smite, this build is going to abuse it slightly.
Last edited by TokeMcBong on Aug 31, 2018, 12:24:09 PM
I would also like to ask if it worths pushing even further the attack speed so zombies permaslam 3 times or whatever.
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
"
Spacecom wrote:
I would also like to ask if it worths pushing even further the attack speed so zombies permaslam 3 times or whatever.

The most slams you can get per 1.25s is 3(which is achieved by multistrike alone) period. No matter what attack speed we raise the zombies to that will never change. If we increase the attack speed enough so that it is able to perform 3 slams + 3 regular attacks in a 1.25s window the slams need to have at least 4.6 attacks per second and regular attacks to have 5 attacks per second. This requires around 90% more attack speed than we currently have spec'd into the build, but it is possible with a scion/witch aurabot.

Before reaching this breakpoint on attack speed the best you can get is right where we're at now with 2.4 aps. Anything higher, before reaching 4.6aps, is going to cause our 3x slam + 3x regular attack set to delay the next 3x slam longer than 1.25s(the duration of slam's cooldown.) If your Slam sets are delayed then you technically lose dps as your slams are being delayed for weaker attacks that might miss.

Last edited by TokeMcBong on Aug 31, 2018, 4:05:06 PM
hmmm ok got it. I now leave you with a red elders' video drops montaz
lulz I have clickbait title
You thing I khare, but I realy dond.
Is the plan to still be witch? Or does the guardian changes make it viable?
"
KCCO wrote:
Is the plan to still be witch? Or does the guardian changes make it viable?
This version I still plan on the Necro. I feel the guardian is a viable build, just not the same as this and therefore will be it's own guide.
For any curious, this build will likely get an update in the next few days.
Things that need testing first:
New Dominating blow -- gaining another 14 minions may be really nice. who knows?
Smite -- LOTS of flat damage (especially for skeletons)
Pathing changes that give us an extra spectre
Minion damage/attack speed scaling our damage/attack speed -- maybe dropping weapon/shield for femur of the saints or the new chober chaber fated unique is worth??
as well as a couple of other small tricks up my sleeve.
is it worth running herald of purity for extra minions? Dunno!
Holy relic worthwhile? dunno. Certainly for low levels, but what about higher levels??

I fully expect the build to have been fairly substantially buffed, but we'll see what changes to the build develop.

In any case, this will likely be my league starter, and I'll keep updates posted as I go.

And for those curious about the guardian changes -- I think Toke or I will be posting an entirely separate build guide that will interest you soon. If so, don't worry, it'll be linked in this guide here.
What weapon would you recommend now since you can't get minion damage sceptres in delve?
"
shoegoo wrote:
What weapon would you recommend now since you can't get minion damage sceptres in delve?
Most likely it will be Severed in Sleep/United in Dream. These options give us Strength and Minion damage while still allowing us to use Smite. Plus free poison damage is nice as we have around 31-71 minions to apply poison stacks at any given time. (15 zombies, 12 skeletons, 2 spectres, 1 Holy Relic, 1 Stone Golem and up to 40 Vaal Skeletons.)

Scourge isn't an option due to Smite giving so much damage.

Mon'Tregul's Grasp is an option but it will be less damage than Severed in Sleep/United in Dream for bosses. Clear speed might improve slightly, requires more testing now that we can't get Temple Scepters. Also fun note those Scepters are now double legacy. They changed that mod mid-league to give +2 to socketed minion gems instead of minion damage.

Two-Hander's are an option as well however the change to the tree is massive. If you want to use a two-hander I would recommend Femurs of the Saints, changing your spectres to be the Carnage Chieftans from act 2 to carry your frenzy charges. With this change in mind you'll need to un-spec any nodes leading to the Necromantic Aegis passive. Doing this is around 100-110 strength lost and will require you to spec into extra strength nodes.

Last edited by TokeMcBong on Sep 2, 2018, 3:33:26 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info