[NERFED] The VMS Rocket | Crazy Damage | Kill while Moving | Featured in BoTW!

"
Shleep wrote:
How do you guys deal with the Eradicator? I find him dramatically more difficult to fight than any other elder or shaper guardian.

He messed me up the first time (also due to odd room layout). He does two things that I found would mess me up:
1. The float and tendril move. For this, I run run run.
2. The "slam" lightningstrikes. He builds up to these again and I did as 1.

Once I got the hang of running, I also got the timing of when he would end it and then I could just incinerate him until stage 3 where VMS was up. GG dead.
Really fun creative build. Wanted to give this a shot before i quit the league and running around as a big fire death ball is pretty amusing
"
alexh1985 wrote:
Hi OP, most creative build I've seen this season. Congrats on BoTW! I'm currently planning to build on your idea, giving it a substantial damage boost with Indigon. I have the PoB below if you could comment on viability.

The main idea is, Indigon, if geared correctly, shall provide 500%-5000% increased damage depend on mana you can spend. In a "steady state" scenario, the mana you can spend is exactly the mana you gain (via leech, regen etc). I found the most underestimated mana gain method is actually "% dmg taken gained as mana from hit", you can easily stack this to 40% using two Spirit Response and one Watcher's Eye (clarity). In the past I've tried so hard looking into various self-damage methods and eventually I saw yours.

My estimation is, with the self-inflicted phys hit dmg, you probably can get 2000-4000 mana regen per second, allowing Indigon to stack increased spell damage in the 10,000% range. Zerphi's can be used to provide near infinite life regen. Rare gears (offhand, ring, jewels) can just focus on life + mana + res. In the PoB I've removed the "increase fire dmg" skill nodes (since it's dwarfed by Indigon), and picked up several mana nodes. Anger is also disabled to unlock mana pool.

What do you think? I still don't know what mana spending skill should I use. Maybe a 4L movement skill, or spell totem with incinerate etc.

https://pastebin.com/L0jU5zQj

That’s certainly interesting. Hopefully the indigon is enough to make the incinerate cwc firestorm spend mana fast enough, otherwise maybe you could use self cast firestorm?

I assume you also want to spend mana while clearing so a movement skill would be good for that. I’m just not sure how to get it to cost enough without using the Doedre gloves. Even with Anger and phase run dropped you only have room for a 2L. Maybe you can fit in some fevered mind jewels?
"
"
alexh1985 wrote:
Hi OP, most creative build I've seen this season. Congrats on BoTW! I'm currently planning to build on your idea, giving it a substantial damage boost with Indigon. I have the PoB below if you could comment on viability.

The main idea is, Indigon, if geared correctly, shall provide 500%-5000% increased damage depend on mana you can spend. In a "steady state" scenario, the mana you can spend is exactly the mana you gain (via leech, regen etc). I found the most underestimated mana gain method is actually "% dmg taken gained as mana from hit", you can easily stack this to 40% using two Spirit Response and one Watcher's Eye (clarity). In the past I've tried so hard looking into various self-damage methods and eventually I saw yours.

My estimation is, with the self-inflicted phys hit dmg, you probably can get 2000-4000 mana regen per second, allowing Indigon to stack increased spell damage in the 10,000% range. Zerphi's can be used to provide near infinite life regen. Rare gears (offhand, ring, jewels) can just focus on life + mana + res. In the PoB I've removed the "increase fire dmg" skill nodes (since it's dwarfed by Indigon), and picked up several mana nodes. Anger is also disabled to unlock mana pool.

What do you think? I still don't know what mana spending skill should I use. Maybe a 4L movement skill, or spell totem with incinerate etc.

https://pastebin.com/L0jU5zQj

That’s certainly interesting. Hopefully the indigon is enough to make the incinerate cwc firestorm spend mana fast enough, otherwise maybe you could use self cast firestorm?

I assume you also want to spend mana while clearing so a movement skill would be good for that. I’m just not sure how to get it to cost enough without using the Doedre gloves. Even with Anger and phase run dropped you only have room for a 2L. Maybe you can fit in some fevered mind jewels?

I guess I can use something like flammability+spell totem for large initial mana cost. However I just flipped through your previous replies, it seems like the self phys damage per second is too low to be worthy to get high "damage taken gained as mana" stacked. Hmmm, I'm thinking to gear a Balefire for the 3% mana gain per kill, and just swap weapons when you are fighting boss.

I will look into gem selections a bit more later.
deleted
Last edited by monemus87 on Jul 28, 2018, 6:07:24 AM
Hi OP,

did some more research, When you have curse belt on you are expected to have Vulnerability cursed all the time. How can u get temp chain on yourself, knowing the max number of curse on you is one, without eg self-flagellation jewel?

I'm thinking about just plug an increased duration support to the VMS 6L.
hello, is this scapter good enough to start with or should i spam more hysterias?

Cheers
i optimized it with Vaal RF
"
bosmano775 wrote:
hello, is this scapter good enough to start with or should i spam more hysterias?

Cheers

it became this
"
alexh1985 wrote:
Hi OP,

did some more research, When you have curse belt on you are expected to have Vulnerability cursed all the time. How can u get temp chain on yourself, knowing the max number of curse on you is one, without eg self-flagellation jewel?

I'm thinking about just plug an increased duration support to the VMS 6L.

The vulnerability ignores the curse limit just like the soul mantle curses and map mod curses so there’s no issue with the curse limit. You can play without temp chains self curse, but it’s a hell of a lot smoother with it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info