[NERFED] The VMS Rocket | Crazy Damage | Kill while Moving | Featured in BoTW!

why using minion jewel?
"
Uçankeçi wrote:
why using minion jewel?

They're life and res jewels. The minion stats don't matter.
So I'm trying this as a Level 77 Scion Ascendant, and I have my tree laid out nearly identical to this thread and the tree listed on the Youtube "Build of the Week" showcase. I have all the required uniques. Running into 2 issues.

1. I can't seem to understand how to time everything to make sure I don't kill myself randomly when trying to proc the initial set of Ignites + buildup of Vaal souls to begin the VMS chain. That's happening quite a lot, actually. I hit Incinerate, firestorm starts falling, and I'm suddenly dead.

2. If everything works, it only works briefly. My VMS keeps falling off before I can refresh it. I'm using the Soul Catcher flask whenever I VMS for the damage, but is that wrong?

Overall, I'm trying to test it mostly on Blood Aqueducts to get the timing down, but I keep dying to chance it on official maps. Is the Juggernaut Ascendancy I'm about to grab the one missing piece, or am I missing something else?
Last edited by Macloud_32 on Jul 21, 2018, 9:55:32 PM
So each ignite you do is 120 fire damage to yourself. 10% of that is taken as phys so that’s 108 Fire, 12 phys. Even negligible amounts of armor will work well on such a tiny amount of phys so it’s probably 4-6 at most. 108/4 is 27 so you need 1% of life to be equal to or greater than 33 to break even. That’s 3300 life and it requires max fire res too. Do you have at least 3300 life with capped fire res?
"
So each ignite you do is 120 fire damage to yourself. 10% of that is taken as phys so that’s 108 Fire, 12 phys. Even negligible amounts of armor will work well on such a tiny amount of phys so it’s probably 4-6 at most. 108/4 is 27 so you need 1% of life to be equal to or greater than 33 to break even. That’s 3300 life and it requires max fire res too. Do you have at least 3300 life with capped fire res?

You can reach 5K without perfect gear so it's ok. I reached 5,6k at lv 91 with wasting 2 life nodes for mana regen ones. So with excellent gear you could reach even 6k. But 5k is no problem. With the right jewels I capped my fire res at exactly 75.
Last edited by Fallbringer on Jul 22, 2018, 4:47:35 AM
What a reason to use phase run, when soul catcher let you phasing and the flask lasts longer.
Sry, forgot about blood rage.
Last edited by 7MonkeyD.Luffy7 on Jul 22, 2018, 7:23:39 AM
Do you know a reason why cwdt + curse on hit + lacial does not working?

I made cwdt + temp chains, without glacial cascade cos was not working. I think its fine th, I got chaos golem in this etup and incr duration that way :)
"
What a reason to use phase run, when soul catcher let you phasing and the flask lasts longer.
Sry, forgot about blood rage.

Movement speed + near invisibility.
"
kileras12 wrote:
Do you know a reason why cwdt + curse on hit + lacial does not working?

I made cwdt + temp chains, without glacial cascade cos was not working. I think its fine th, I got chaos golem in this etup and incr duration that way :)

Gem levels. The curse needs to outlevel the cast when damage taken requirements because if it's supportable by cast when damage taken and curse on hit, neither support will apply. You need a quality curse on hit for it to be worthwhile though. An extra 10% curse effect is pretty nice.
I might be misunderstanding the mechanics here, so correct me if I'm wrong -

But couldn't you replace the mana sustain from Elreon ring with the boots enchant that gives life and mana regen when hit recently? Since you'd be getting hit constantly by Eye of Innocence, so you'd be constantly regenerating life and mana. I'm assuming this works if Eye of Innocence damage does get converted to phys by The Rat Cage which says "from hits".
Hi Vesuvius079,

First time to follow a botw and posting a question on the forums i hope this reaches you.

i think need help to make it higher on the maps.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Resi83/characters?characterName=Panaerha

PoB: https://pastebin.com/CtmGLSwM

i havent put the shackles because the gloves im currently using is LIFE, 2 resist and dexterity which i need to wear the Rat Cage.

Also due to how hard to remove the green socket on chest i have to put a Hypothermia and make trigger cold\chill on my shield ( CWDT + vortex + cold snap ) which is sweet gives me 3 frenzy.

first tiny problem is when herald and anger is ON. i barely have mana to sustain incinerate longer than 4 secs . ( im hoping that after i put my next lvl to tireless node ill get some more life and skill cost less )

second is when mapping yes every now and then theres moments that i dont have VMS which i think is normal.. making it last is great and ur self curse temporal chain would help by how much i dont know..

the rest of my lvls im thnking just get more like im currently sitting at 4k life.

if you have any tips and advice specific for my character that would be great. thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info