[NERFED] The VMS Rocket | Crazy Damage | Kill while Moving | Featured in BoTW!

"
armydragon334 wrote:
So I have been running this build for a while now, and i love it, it is crazy! I still seem really weak against bosses. I do get one shoted a lot against bosses. not sure if it is just the way it is, or i am doing something wrong.
Thanks for the help!

That will improve as you get more life from higher levels. You're at 4400 life right now so I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of T14+ bosses one shot you, especially if they catch you with immortal call down. In the meantime you can level in lower tier maps(you're only level 81) or just try to approach bosses a little more carefully and make sure your immortal call procs before they hit you.

Once you get enough life, the only thing that should be killing you is heavy elemental damage.
"
I think the point of this build is that the amulet makes proc VMS non stop thanks to rat cage which converts some of the fire damage we take to physical damage.
Without rat cage no spam VMS on ignites

Correct me if i'm wrong of course!

Btw I'm getting better at managing my VMS timers and roll on everything, this build is op and fun as hell !!!
love when I incinerate bosses and VMS keeps boom boom boom boom

ahh right thanks! ive started this build and wanted to make sure. I am having a hell of a time leveling atm but its coming along
Last edited by kpep on Jul 3, 2018, 10:17:24 PM
"
kpep wrote:
"
I think the point of this build is that the amulet makes proc VMS non stop thanks to rat cage which converts some of the fire damage we take to physical damage.
Without rat cage no spam VMS on ignites

Correct me if i'm wrong of course!

Btw I'm getting better at managing my VMS timers and roll on everything, this build is op and fun as hell !!!
love when I incinerate bosses and VMS keeps boom boom boom boom

ahh right thanks! ive started this build and wanted to make sure. I am having a hell of a time leveling atm but its coming along

Yeah I died quite a lot too during leveling but try to put you CWDT with immortal and Cast when channeling immolate + firestorm for bosses. Boots should do the trick for clearing trashes.

Since I leveled 68 and put the full build gear I only died once!! it's really good just farm blood aqueduc until lvl 68 and have fun with rolling on maps after :)

Got those razors with BiS corrupt for a fairly low price (compared to poe.trade). Hit me up if anyone's interested, IGN is Belaegis

Hi there,

This might have been asked before but what are your thoughts on increased duration support gem?
It’s not necessary for sustain with my current gear and eats a dps link so I don’t use it.
Could it be worth having an "increased area of effect" gem linked with VMS for effective map cleaning (switching conc for incr)? I know that it's not so necessary but i feel that sometimes i have to turn and go back to kill some missing mobs.
And with the off hand weapon, could it be worth to get a shaped 4-6 pseudo-link sceptre instead of the shield to have more dps?
I also feel that sometimes before proccing immortal call with the coward's legacy version, I get one shooted.
Currently level 90 with 6k life.
I am currently using a "Panicked Divine Life Flask of Staunching", because when i get a bleed applied, the moment my immortal call wears off, my life decreases at a godly speed xD.
"
YoloMecSweg wrote:
Could it be worth having an "increased area of effect" gem linked with VMS for effective map cleaning (switching conc for incr)? I know that it's not so necessary but i feel that sometimes i have to turn and go back to kill some missing mobs.
And with the off hand weapon, could it be worth to get a shaped 4-6 pseudo-link sceptre instead of the shield to have more dps?
I also feel that sometimes before proccing immortal call with the coward's legacy version, I get one shooted.
Currently level 90 with 6k life.
I am currently using a "Panicked Divine Life Flask of Staunching", because when i get a bleed applied, the moment my immortal call wears off, my life decreases at a godly speed xD.

Feel free to experiment. I expect increased AoE over conc will do just fine since the damage is off the hook while clearing. I should probably do that myself tbh but I’m lazy about gem switching. The sceptre may also work well. It’s not something I feel compelled to try on my current gear but it’s also not a bad idea if you find a good one.

For the IC proc issue you kind of just have to play a little carefully when charging up that first VMS usage. I usually use my firestorm at a good distance to charge it.
"

Doedre's Elixir is a good solution to this if you can spare the flask slot. I swap it in when I'm running Uber Lab to prevent Izaro shenanigans.

On the subject of AoE, if you're running a Hysteria scepter you can very comfortably drop the Unyielding ascendancy node. The fire burst procs from cwdt firestorm catch stragglers, so even with lower AOE there's rarely any need to double back. And the damage from Unyielding is negligible. The extra defense from Unbreakable is more helpful imo.
"
If you get a 5th blue and want to stop there, use elemental focus or combustion. Elemental focus will give you more dps on the VMS but it will cut down on your healing from the razor. Combustion will give you a good chunk less DPS than elemental focus but it will significantly increase the healing you get from the razor by giving you another 20-30 ignites per second.

Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info