Games closes randomly

Ever since new patch I have been getting horrible screen glitches, sometimes blacks out for 2 seconds or crashes all together. On full screen mode it seems to run better but if i alt_Tab out in order to check trade site. Game goes back into window mode and crashes....
+1 Same here.
pathofexile_x64.exe has stopped working issue very often happens to me per plenty of minutes.
- Reinstall Client
- Windows 10 updated latest
- Internet fine
Not helping.
Really really unplayable at all.
Please help
Same problem :(
+1

What kind of company just flat out takes the piss for 8 straight months without even so much as a hollow promise of working on it?

The Error code that shows up in Windows Event Viewer..

Spoiler

Faulting application name: PathOfExile_x64.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c3bb8b1
Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.17763.1, time stamp: 0x13a31007
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000126da0
Faulting process id: 0x2314
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4ae14d2beeb94
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile_x64.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll
Report Id: dbe91cae-a41b-4028-a736-f3f4f4c76d3d
Faulting package full name:

The pop-up that sometimes happens and sometimes doesn't..

Spoiler

Error 2005270523
(I typed that number from memory for fuck sake)

Things I've tried with limited or no resolution to the problem..

Spoiler

Packcheck x10+

Delete cache files

Delete and reinstall .ggpk

Delete and reinstall DirectX

Total wipe and switch to Steam client

Total wipe Steam client and switch back to standalone

Update all drivers system wide to the newest available

Revert GPU drivers to each older version one at a time using DDU in safe mode between each fresh install...I tried every damn one!

Every possible variation of in-game settings including dissabling multi-threading and others...Don't waste your time, it won't help.

Adjusted settings within GPU..
NVidia Control Panel -> Manage 3D Settings -> Program Settings -> Path of Exile -> Power Management Mode (Someone claimed in a thread about similar problems to have gotten good results from switching this from "Adaptive" to "Prefer Maximum Performance" but honestly did fuck all for me, your mileage may vary)

I'm sure there's others but I honestly gave up when the thought came to me that maybe talking gently to my computer and caressing it might help.

The sad reality for anyone reading this..

Spoiler

If you're in this thread because you have this problem, you're fucked.

Your best course of action at this particular juncture is to delete the entire thing and find some other way to enjoy your leisure time.

Apparently at the rate things get fixed around here you might check back during the 2020 elections to see if anything has been done about it yet.
I played 2 days without Engine Multithreading now and haven't had a crash since. The problem is that my FPS tanks down to 30 on every single monster pack.
With Multithreading on I pretty much have stable 200 FPS but every hour or so the game closes without an error message.
Posting up due to losing several of atlas objectives (Zana 1 portals) to these crashes. That grind is crazy enough with a full time job and not becoming a hermit, the least we could get is a response...
this has been happening since release.
"
tschuki121 wrote:
I played 2 days without Engine Multithreading now and haven't had a crash since. The problem is that my FPS tanks down to 30 on every single monster pack.
With Multithreading on I pretty much have stable 200 FPS but every hour or so the game closes without an error message.

Turn VSync on, though it doesn't matter at all now since this game is dead.

D3 reigns supreme. Again.
I've crashed 153 times since 12/17/18 - same thing I'm seeing in this forum. The game closes as if I am alt f4

Tried everything short of starting over with new hardware - update drivers, lots of settings changes, etc. I'm over it

Here's a sample of the windows event viewer

Faulting application name: PathOfExile.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c450f13
Faulting module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x02cbeb84
Faulting process id: 0x1f5c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d4b2b62de9e6ac
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Grinding Gear Games\Path of Exile\PathOfExile.exe
Faulting module path: unknown
Report Id: afaa6a9a-e5d1-4ea0-af74-491f0f07778a
Faulting package full name:

Please fix this GGG

Just bumping as I have now joined the club, same as previous posters. Game closes exactly like an alt-f4, no message. Ripped a lot of Zana maps that way. Usually will close after a small bit of lag, mostly just closes when doing nothing for two minutes of just light graphics in a non dense map.

Kind of frustrating. Kind of very frustrating.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info