Games closes randomly

Joining the club as well! Game just started randomly quitting itself yesterday and now it keeps behaving like this since then. No error message, no nothing - game just gone.

I guess it's a nice break from the memory-leak kinda crashes from alt-tabbing while in hideout.
Fitting end for the league.
So this is it?
A completely failed league?
No fixes, no changes, no improvements to the game.

What are you trying to tell us GGG?

Cause "Suck it up Bozo's", is what it sounds like to me.
Bump. I was doing good. It stopped for a couple of weeks or so.

Then two days ago it would crash maybe once a long session. I had started to do a lot of delve diving.

Today, while mapping (Sunken City, it crashed to desktop). Then crashed almost instantly upon reloading the client and walking around in the same map (trying to clear it, ya know?). Then I reboot my computer, restarted POE, and it shortly froze visuals. Oddly, the game was running because I could cast my spells and hear the sound effects. But eventually the usual hateful DX11 error -2005270523 appeared.

I just finished a packcheck. No problems (didn't expect any).

I've about had it, honestly. I may have to uninstall until I buy a new machine and come back then. I'll try deleting Production Config.ini once again, and we'll see, but... I can't take it anymore.

I'm almost 40, and this is my leisure. I don't have time for stress when I'm trying to unwind.
/popcorn always, because people
Last edited by deadamaranth on Feb 17, 2019, 9:55:32 PM
Same thing happening to me. I'm playing normally and then it freezes for a moment and then it closes. No crash report or anything.

Game debilitating. What's the problem?
Same here. I started the game not so long ago and it was fine for a long time.

playing a necro so lots of pets. it started happening after i got a max zombie increase, but it could be totally unrelated.

Today i could hardly achieve 1h play without a close and return to desktop. i had ONE error message: "bad allocation" .

This is really getting on my nerves.
I also had this problem over this league, so i stopped playing after a couple of weeks. I thought it could've been my old LTE-router and the connection was just unstable through LTE. But since i have a "normal" router now, it still crashes. I just logged in, played for like 2 minutes and the game closed, like people already said, as if i would press alt+f4. Never had this problem before betrayal league.
Same issue, but I see it's being ignored... :(

Never had the problem before Synthesis.
Make lab optional! Give us another way to get the ascendancy points we need.

#CantGitGudAtLab
Last edited by ainuayan on Mar 9, 2019, 9:47:56 AM
Same here.

Crashed twice in the row on memories path.

So sad, progress is lost.

I'm going to stop playing new memories staff, waiitng for some fixes.
Last edited by karrakaz on Mar 9, 2019, 10:10:04 AM
I am having the same issue. The game has randomly closed on me about 4 or 5 times now without any error message. I have never had this problem with the game before Synthesis league. My system set-up is as follows:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0 GHz, 4 cores, 8 logical processors
Motherboard: ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600 MHz (PC3 12800)
Storage: Samsung Electronics 840 EVO-Series 250GB 2.5-Inch SATA III
Graphics: EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB
OS: Windows 7 Professional v. 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601

Running latest driver for Nvidia Geforce 900 series cards, v. 419.35

There is nothing in the Windows Event Viewer Log about pathofexile.exe crashing or failing, etc.

I am not sure what is going on, but all of the software for my system components is up to date as far as I can tell.

GGG please respond, there is obviously a group of people who are experiencing this problem.
Last edited by Dauf on Mar 9, 2019, 10:14:54 AM
I've been going through the forums for a solution since the Synthesis launch.
The game launches normally and I get to the character creation page and once I launch, I barely appear on the beach and the game just auto-closes. No error, no windowed message.

Not very fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info