3.3 OBEY THE ORB (Orb of Storms - based build, SSF)

I'm aware they are both sub-par vs the TS setup. I was just throwing out other options to help level / transition. So far Quill rain - tempest - doomfletch with lightning arrow in the orb has made leveling pretty smooth. Almost ready for first lab, so should be easier by then.
"
mltryman wrote:
I'm aware they are both sub-par vs the TS setup. I was just throwing out other options to help level / transition. So far Quill rain - tempest - doomfletch with lightning arrow in the orb has made leveling pretty smooth. Almost ready for first lab, so should be easier by then.

Thats true.
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Hi there, I am currently levelling up (just hit act 3) during my first ever playthrough of PoE. I liked this build because OoS was one of the first skills I found. So far I am level 30 and have only died few times in incursions / temple. I have no idea how to link my character's stats (this is my tree) but this is the inventory I have so far (and skills):

When I fight mobs I usually go: warp/run up, drop OoS, start tempest shield then spam sparks/lighting tendrils. I don't use auras as my mana is very low without it, usually keep chugging mana flasks in order to sustain myself (especially in incursions). Do you have any ideas for quick fixes? Should I focus on mana side of the tree? [I kind of wanted to go symmetrical so added one point to dex side, one to int side].

Thanks!

edit - also one more question - why does your build have two OoS skill gems? what's the benefit?
Last edited by cherkie on Jul 18, 2018, 12:27:32 PM
A first timer, that is funny. This Build isnt made for firsst play trhoughts because its more of a fun build, and it requires some understand of certain gamechanics (you would wonder how often i get asked, how i get this Orb of storm to trigger so mutch lightnings, and why i dont use lightningtendrils)

Your tree doesnt load (i dont think that is your fault, it stops at 99%)

For your equipment:

Defently trow out the armor, it gives you almost no defensivnes, and the offensive part of it is at lvl 30 very limited, just take a random dex/int armor and craft someting better (if you apply armorers scrap to a white armor, it gets 5% quality instead of 1%)

You does not benefit mutch from the shield, do the same for the shield.

The gloves give you mutch spelldamage, so its ok for now, but they reduce castspeed..depends on how mutch increased damage you already have, i would put them away soon.

You can defently have a better wand, but its ok for now.

Belt you can get easy a better one with alot of HP, its one of the best sources for Max life.

Obey the Orb:
Thank you for your reply. Yes, I am playing this on my first play through as my RL friend said 'pick a skill you like and search it on timtips' ... which I have done. I am playing for fun and I like the build so will stick with it.

Currently the only problem I have is the mana drain, if I were to perm tempest shield I'd get drained in few seconds. This is the tree zoomout. I am aware it's probably because I am still low level so I will have to power through, I am satisfied with the time it takes me to clear maps for now.

I don't play SSF so I can easily buy more fitting armour - I have bought it because it was available for my level and had desired sockets - basically this is the first thing I looked at when picking my equipment to have as many (and as close to yours) sockets - this is why I picked up gloves, armour, staff, boots and shield. It seems easier to look in trade section for something I can buy as opposed to try and craft and waste a lot of gems before I know exactly how to craft things.
Your passive tree is ok so far i dont see any flaws in it, but its early on anyway.

I mentioned it erlier, i had not that big of a problem with mana early on, becasue i only used an unleved 2 linked tempest shield early on, and had an amulet with +77 mana +5 manareg/sec, and also invested some eraly points into mana, becasue i was going Mind over Matter anyway.

As son as you hit normal lab, what you can so with ease at lvl 33, its not a problem anyway anymore.

Obey the Orb:
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Jul 18, 2018, 1:18:55 PM
ok grabbed few new items:

it is already way better, still 2 levels until the armour, slightly more evasion based, should work... I guess.
"
cherkie wrote:
I have no idea how to link my character's stats
you can go to [My account]-->[Privacy settings] and uncheck "Hide Characters tab", then we'll see your characters, their trees and equipped items(not inventory and not stash, those are completely private).
Thanks, I have just done that. So as a quick update - I levelled up to 36, and somewhere I clicked how this is supposed to work. I have also found better wand when finishing my first temple ever. Now I can nearly sustain tempest shield with wrath enabled (which halves the mana!) picked up better flasks as well, so it all starts to click now. In 2 levels I am picking up grace so this will be interesting as well.

Edit: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cherkie/characters?characterName=CryingDuringPoo This is my toon right now, picked ascendancy and I have no more mana problems, game feels awfully easy to be honest right now.
Last edited by cherkie on Jul 19, 2018, 12:46:28 PM
"
cherkie wrote:
Thanks, I have just done that. So as a quick update - I levelled up to 36, and somewhere I clicked how this is supposed to work. I have also found better wand when finishing my first temple ever. Now I can nearly sustain tempest shield with wrath enabled (which halves the mana!) picked up better flasks as well, so it all starts to click now. In 2 levels I am picking up grace so this will be interesting as well.

Edit: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/cherkie/characters?characterName=CryingDuringPoo This is my toon right now, picked ascendancy and I have no more mana problems, game feels awfully easy to be honest right now.

nice to see that my build works for you too, and you enjoying it :)

Obey the Orb:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info