3.3 OBEY THE ORB (Orb of Storms - based build, SSF)

I think i even wrote it into my guide, and serveral times already in this tread:
no, lightning tendrils dont work, becasue orb of storm interacts weird with channeling skills( it triggers every like 0.5 sec while channeling, regardless of castspeed)
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Mar 7, 2019, 12:54:43 PM
"
MoM + EB for es leech multiplier. Could use shroud of the lightless or though considering there's not a lot of good links to fill out the 6th link(either empower or unbound ailments I think, though hypothermia + added cold is still not bad either) my gut instinct is go for lightless since it helps scale life and mana some more, though it doesn't have flat life like inpulsas.

For my personal taste, impusla isnt a great armor on this build. You have no problems with clearspeed anyway, and single target, impulsa does nothing for you.

And yes, you are right, the 6th link is a problem on this build, there is no real gem for it. I think, on the offensive hand, shroud of the lightless is most likely the top tier armor for this build.

Obey the Orb:
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Mar 7, 2019, 1:00:43 PM
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:

For my personal taste, impusla isnt a great armor on this build. You have no problems with clearspeed anyway, and single target, impulsa does nothing for you.

And yes, you are right, the 6th link is a problem on this build, there is no real gem for it. I think, on the offensive hand, shroud of the lightless is most likely the top tier armor for this build.

Carcass Jack? Huge Area of Effect.
Yes, carcass jack is an viable option for clearspeed, but not the top tier overall spot.

Obey the Orb:
I'm really excited to try this build. Thanks to everyone for all the info in the thread. I'm not sure what goes in my other links/sockets/etc. I took a long time off of the game and some of the obvious combos are lost on me.
Started this last night as a Templar. Inquisitor is the plan bc of the consecrated ground synergy.

As it has been explained many times, lightning tendrils does proc OoS, but not as fast as tempest shield. However, leveling with OoS + LT until you get Storm Call/Vaal Storm Call feels better than spark (to me). Very early level cast speeds are slow so the internal proc issue doesn't seem to matter.

I want to get this thing to a LL crit inquisitor. Very fun so far.

My understanding from the thread so far is that we scale off of cast speed primarily right?

What OoS helm enchant is best? Radius/Crit Chance/Damage? I would think radius, but Im not sure.
"

What OoS helm enchant is best? Radius/Crit Chance/Damage? I would think radius, but Im not sure.

Orb of Storms has 30% increased Cast Speed.

When using the Lightning Tendrils + Herald of Thunder + amulet Choir of the Storm, the effect is shotgun from OoS. It clears the screen much quicker than through Tempest Shield and is safer. The enemies do not have time to make the attack, as the whole screen is clean. Damage is unreal. The only problem is low area effect OoS.
Last edited by eugenikus8 on Mar 14, 2019, 5:18:41 PM
"
eugenikus8 wrote:
"

Orb of Storms has 30% increased Cast Speed.

When using the Lightning Tendrils + Herald of Thunder + amulet Choir of the Storm, the effect is shotgun from OoS. It clears the screen much quicker than through Tempest Shield and is safer. The enemies do not have time to make the attack, as the whole screen is clean. Damage is unreal. The only problem is low area effect OoS.

Hmm, i dont think you get, what this build is about.

Its not about beein the most effective. Its about getting the most out of Orb of Storm, and for that reason, litghning tendrills suck alot (they are awfull anyway, i dont think there is a worse lightning spell ingame).

The 30% castspeed barely make a difference for orb of storm(Its equivalent to skilling 6% increased castspeed.), i recommend going for the damage or the aoe, or, if you have trouble triggering elemetal overload, go for the crit.

Obey the Orb:
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Mar 15, 2019, 6:48:31 AM
del
Last edited by eugenikus8 on Mar 15, 2019, 9:55:33 AM
Giving this thread a bump after seeing someone clear uber elder pretty easily with this build on reddit.

Fwiw I'm up to 90(rejiggering my defenses) on my elementalist version. I'm pretty sure the trickster version is just better and I know someone on discord was working on a trickster crit based build that looked really good in general.

This build is certainly legit with the buffs.

Excited to see OoS coming into its own now!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info