3.3 OBEY THE ORB (Orb of Storms - based build, SSF)

global 820 for the trials
"
LeGinette wrote:

I play SSF, there is no global cheat 820 for trials ;)
IGN: Toxic_Artillery

Obey the Orb:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2161077/page/1
"
IsodorRodosi wrote:
"
LeGinette wrote:

I play SSF, there is no global cheat 820 for trials ;)

Finaly, lvl 90, grinding trought countless of linar low maps, just teleporting trought, i finaly got the fucking last trial. Now that puny Orb of storms deals 50k dps while casting 2 time/sec.....whitch increases to almost 15 times/sec while casting tempest schield :D

€whoops, sorry for doppelpost, was hitting Q instead of E .....

Obey the Orb:
Last edited by IsodorRodosi on Jun 14, 2018, 1:32:00 PM
Hiho,

hell of an interessting build. How about Pantheon ?

Best regards

chaosknight
"Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true."
"
stchaosknight wrote:
Hiho,

hell of an interessting build. How about Pantheon ?

Best regards

chaosknight

I added my Pantheons under the skilltree-section:

Major: Soul of Solaris
Minor: Soul of Ryslatha

For reflect maps i change to Soul of Yugul, and be very carefull!^^

I also Added two new vidoes, doing Esh's Domain and Esh.

Obey the Orb:
Updatet the gear again.

Obey the Orb:
Hiho again,

what is your Flask setup? Anything special to boost damage or just survivability.

Best regards,

stchaosknight
"Because people are stupid, they will believe a lie because they want to believe it's true, or because they are afraid it might be true. People's heads are full of knowledge, facts, and beliefs, and most of it is false, yet they think it all true."
"
stchaosknight wrote:
Hiho again,

what is your Flask setup? Anything special to boost damage or just survivability.

Best regards,

stchaosknight

I added them down in the Gear dropdown menue.

Also almost lvl 93 now.

Obey the Orb:
Hi Iso,

Loving the concept of your build so far, but I have a few questions.

How do you feel your single-target damage holds up? Mob clearing seems more than fine with the sheer amount of Praisebeams™ you fire, but it seems like rares and bosses don't die that fast.

Do you think there is value in an Energy Shield focused build, instead of Life? It seems almost a given with the Trickster's access to ES boosts, though it'll probably mean giving up on the Acrobatics tree. It'll also put some extra value in the Intelligence we build, as it'll increase both our Mana and ES pool.

Finally, is there any reason (apart from aesthetics) not to use Lightning Tendrils over Tempest Shield? Tendrils has a lower base cast time and channeled spells still seem to proc the Orb's bolt on every tick. It also frees you from the need to use a shield, meaning you can dual-wield wands for the meme-level casting speed or use a staff to try and get +3 to Lightning gems for a big damage boost to the almighty Orb-- which also frees up an additional 6-link, meaning you can link Tendrils for actual damage or utility (Arcane Surge, Curse on Hit, Innervate, Storm Barrier etc). It even has a lower mana cost to boot-- meaning more mana for Mind of Matter to take advantage of.
Last edited by Germz on Jun 30, 2018, 5:21:35 PM
"
Germz wrote:
Hi Iso,

Loving the concept of your build so far, but I have a few questions.

How do you feel your single-target damage holds up? Mob clearing seems more than fine with the sheer amount of Praisebeams™ you fire, but it seems like rares and bosses don't die that fast.

Do you think there is value in an Energy Shield focused build, instead of Life? It seems almost a given with the Trickster's access to ES boosts, though it'll probably mean giving up on the Acrobatics tree. It'll also put some extra value in the Intelligence we build, as it'll increase both our Mana and ES pool.

Finally, is there any reason (apart from aesthetics) not to use Lightning Tendrils over Tempest Shield? Tendrils has a lower base cast time and channeled spells still seem to proc the Orb's bolt on every tick. It also frees you from the need to use a shield, meaning you can dual-wield wands for the meme-level casting speed or use a staff to try and get +3 to Lightning gems for a big damage boost to the almighty Orb-- which also frees up an additional 6-link, meaning you can link Tendrils for actual damage or utility (Arcane Surge, Curse on Hit, Innervate, Storm Barrier etc). It even has a lower mana cost to boot-- meaning more mana for Mind of Matter to take advantage of.

It holds up suprisingly well against single target. I did my first tier 16 map yesterday, killing phönix deathsless.
Its not an crit build, so it not instantly kills everything, but with the combination of vaal stormcall, i can make any non reflecting map on any Tier without haveing any trouble killing even bosses.

I have up to 13 casts per second tempes shield + orb of storm itself attacking 3 times per second, so 16 casts/sec a 3,5-15k dmg, so that is not a low dps for an non crit, non poets pen, non trap build.
That + vaal stormcall, that also deals alot of damage single target.

This build works with every ascendancy (effectivnes varies of course), because you dont need any specific uniq for it, just orb of storm and tempest shield. You also need to wear a shield, thats quite important.

Nope, tempest shield is the optimum. You can use the currently broken arc skill, that probably would deal more overall dps, but thatn the whole build is pointless in the first place.
The problem with lightning tendrils is, that its a channel skill, and channel skills only trigger orb of storms every 0,5 seconds or so by default, and not factor in any castspeed. So channel skills are of the table.

Obey the Orb:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info