Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

"
markwngo wrote:
Really enjoying this build, thank you OP.

Was fortunate to get a Shimmeron on my first run, but haven't had much luck since. Has anyone ran a Saffel's in their setup to stack with their Loreweave? Seems like plenty of damage in this build for me and the extra survivability may be worth it? I'm curious as to people's thoughts on this.

Saffels is useless if you are using loreweave (which you should aim for if youre not using it already). Maximum resistances are fixed at 80 or whatever your roll is. Nothing can change that. Not saffels, not - max resistance mod maps.
"
koros wrote:
So I've been toying with PoB and come with something like this:

With Kaom's Heart 5L gloves: https://pastebin.com/vBfzHVAp
With Loreweave 6L Arc : https://pastebin.com/0wkqUv52

It's nearly the same tree but with Kaom's Heart instead of Loreweave, and put the Arc Trap setup in Gloves supported by Trap Support (make it a 5L)
DPS is lower than my normal setup (52k vs 75k on Shaper/Boss)
Which is just about right, since most Arc Trapper usually do U.Elder at around 45k DPS and up.

DPS: 52k vs 75k
Life: 6800 vs 5400

What do you think?
From what I can think of, it will allow us to get hit by Shaper's Ball once (instead of 1hit) while the fight will only take a little longer
It would be nice if someone can test it with a Kaom's Heart in U.E fight, I'm a poor fk now and can't afford a Kaom's Heart :)

Sure you could do with less DPS. But life isnt = life. Without loreweave you loose out on 80% max all resistances. Youre not really getting hit by melee attacks. And since the build is eva/dodge based you have hardly any armor and therefore virtually no phys mitigation. You still cant tank shaper slams with a lifepool of 7k life but you open a world of hurt for any kind of spell damage. Also you loose out on a 6link.

-> IMHO for this build a kaoms heart is not a good option
I was toying with the idea of using cwdt to proc power charges more consistently while mapping, to avoid weapon swapping. However, I think linking a spell, like bladefall or whatever, to cwdt+pcoc actually procs the shimmeron 400dps degen if bladefall crits- is that correct..?
"
mrpetrov wrote:
I was toying with the idea of using cwdt to proc power charges more consistently while mapping, to avoid weapon swapping. However, I think linking a spell, like bladefall or whatever, to cwdt+pcoc actually procs the shimmeron 400dps degen if bladefall crits- is that correct..?

Yes spells cast by Cwdt is considered "your spell" and it will trigger Shimmeron's degen
"
Sequel wrote:

Sure you could do with less DPS. But life isnt = life. Without loreweave you loose out on 80% max all resistances. Youre not really getting hit by melee attacks. And since the build is eva/dodge based you have hardly any armor and therefore virtually no phys mitigation. You still cant tank shaper slams with a lifepool of 7k life but you open a world of hurt for any kind of spell damage. Also you loose out on a 6link.

-> IMHO for this build a kaoms heart is not a good option

Hmm, good point, maybe I'll just stick with Loreweave for a 3min kill :)
Thanks koros, weapon swap it is!:)

I’m trying to decide if an arc or ball lightning enchanted helm is more or less important than a physical to elemental damage conversion implicit helm (ideally both, but they are rare and super expensive). I think safety first...
"
koros wrote:
"
Ovenschotel wrote:

But if I have arc trap 6L in my chest, should I put lightning spire in whatever item has the Trap Support and +1 trap mod, or the item that has trap damage mod? Im not sure which one makes spire stronger. How does lightning spire trap benefit from trap support if its already a trap?

LST itself is a trap, it does not need "Trap Support" in the gloves to "make LST a trap" like Arc, so you can put LST in any slot (helmet/boots/gloves)

-(+1 trap) in gloves is global, the "trap support" is there because the (+1 trap) can only be roll along with (trap support), (trap support) is useless except when you decide to use Ball Lightning as a trap (but then you will also need the slower projectile support on gloves)
-for people who want to raise the dps of LST, use the helmet with "trap and mine damage support", then you can have a 5L in your helmet with (LST-LightPen-AddedLight-IncCritDamage+TaMDamage)
-also, the shaped helmet can also roll added lighting to spells, which is global, and will raise both Arc and LST (or any spells) damage

----------------
In short:
-the trap support in gloves does nothing to LST when put in, but its +1 trap does (to both LST and Arc)
-it's best to put LST in helmet with "Trap and Mine Damage support" to raise its DPS, but not mandatory
-Shaped helmet can also roll "added lightning to spells", which raises DPS of everything.

Btw, you can check these yourself by doing things such as:
-put a gem in the gloves or put any gems together, if there is a new icon appear inside the skill slot, it is supporting the main skill.

Ahh thanks for explaining, I'm still a bit new to the game but this makes it clear!
"
koros wrote:
-No gloves enchant or use the "of Reflection" enchant, any damage enchant on gloves will trigger Shimmeron's downside, and it will wreck you. Can run normal lab just to get the enchant overwritten.

I have some doubts regarding the above statement. The tooltip on Shimmeron reads that the damage will trigger ...if you've dealt critical strike recently". Please, correct me if I am wrong but that would mean that not only "...of reflection" but any another enchantment which doesn't deal a critical strike would be okay, right? That includes ie. The Word of Ire as it doesn't crit. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Word_of_Ire

I have been running lab for the second day straight and the chance of getting "...of reflection" is minuscule. To be honest, I will puke if I have to run lab again or... I will just quit this fucking game because some parts of it are far far away from being fun and it is just a huge waste of my time being devoid of any entertainment value.
Last edited by Bhaya on Jul 6, 2018, 7:37:36 AM
"
Bhaya wrote:
"
koros wrote:
-No gloves enchant or use the "of Reflection" enchant, any damage enchant on gloves will trigger Shimmeron's downside, and it will wreck you. Can run normal lab just to get the enchant overwritten.

I have some doubts regarding the above statement. The tooltip on Shimmeron reads that the damage will trigger ...if you've dealt critical strike recently". Please, correct me if I am wrong but that would mean that not only "...of reflection" but any another enchantment which doesn't deal a critical strike would be okay, right? That includes ie. The Word of Ire as it doesn't crit. https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Word_of_Ire

I have been running lab for the second day straight and the chance of getting "...of reflection" is minuscule. To be honest, I will puke if I have to run lab again or... I will just quit this fucking game because some parts of it are far far away from being fun and it is just a huge waste of my time being devoid of any entertainment value.

Yes, as long as it does not crit, its okay. I'm also sick of lab run, so we're on the same boat here :)
Quick question :
We all know we have a problem with mana, so I wonder if the option "Lightning Damage is Leeched as Mana while affected by Wrath" on Watcher can work ? Im thinking about using Wrath + Grace

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info