Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

"
ltt26905 wrote:
Quick question :
We all know we have a problem with mana, so I wonder if the option "Lightning Damage is Leeched as Mana while affected by Wrath" on Watcher can work ? Im thinking about using Wrath + Grace

It won't, its the traps which cause the damage, not "you"
-Minions/Traps/Totems are not "you"

You don't really have problem with mana, at least for me, I don't
- For pack clear, 1 throw per pack then move to next pack, the downtime between pack will make us regen enough for next pack
- For U.Elder fight, usually only 2 or 3 throws then move, so not an issue here, but for bursting, pop a mana flask and you're good to go (it has 5 charges to use)
- For Shaper fight, pop mana flask during bursting moment, he should die real quick, before you use 2nd charge, im my experience.
- For Shaper guardians:
Phoenix and Hydra: you do alot of kiting and run around, those downtime should be enough to recover for next throw.
Chimera: pop mana flask during adds phase to zerg them down, then to his phase, zerg him down to next phase -> each burst phase should cost you 1 charge of mana flask only.
Minataur: pop Vaal Grace + Quartz then fking burst him down :D
Elder t16 guardians: what I do is to use up all my mana, then pop the mana flask (don't let it fill up your mana), now I can constantly throw trap and get each guardian to its next phase, worry not about their skills, can't really hurt you at all.
My strategy of using mana flask is to never let my mana filled up during the duration of the flask, so that I can get the benefit of it (I roll stun recovery on it)
Still, I don't know why so many people complain about mana issue :| because I've never had such issue :| Hope it helps

The mana flask I've been using since I created this trapper, don't even bother perfect rolls on it, because ...well, it works :|
Last edited by koros on Jul 6, 2018, 9:30:42 AM
"
ltt26905 wrote:
Quick question :
We all know we have a problem with mana, so I wonder if the option "Lightning Damage is Leeched as Mana while affected by Wrath" on Watcher can work ? Im thinking about using Wrath + Grace

It’s a good question. I asked my guild mates this a couple of days ago and was told that this doesn’t work with traps despite the ambiguous (and arguably inconsistent) wording. I’m not sure this is correct however, as I have not tested it myself.
"
koros wrote:
"
ltt26905 wrote:
Quick question :

It won't, its the traps which cause the damage, not "you"
-Minions/Traps/Totems are not "you"

You don't really have problem with mana, at least for me, I don't
- For pack clear, 1 throw per pack then move to next pack, the downtime between pack will make us regen enough for next pack
- For U.Elder fight, usually only 2 or 3 throws then move, so not an issue here, but for bursting, pop a mana flask and you're good to go (it has 5 charges to use)
- For Shaper fight, pop mana flask during bursting moment, he should die real quick, before you use 2nd charge, im my experience.
- For Shaper guardians:
Phoenix and Hydra: you do alot of kiting and run around, those downtime should be enough to recover for next throw.
Chimera: pop mana flask during adds phase to zerg them down, then to his phase, zerg him down to next phase -> each burst phase should cost you 1 charge of mana flask only.
Minataur: pop Vaal Grace + Quartz then fking burst him down :D
Elder t16 guardians: what I do is to use up all my mana, then pop the mana flask (don't let it fill up your mana), now I can constantly throw trap and get each guardian to its next phase, worry not about their skills, can't really hurt you at all.
My strategy of using mana flask is to never let my mana filled up during the duration of the flask, so that I can get the benefit of it (I roll stun recovery on it)
Still, I don't know why so many people complain about mana issue :| because I've never had such issue :| Hope it helps

The mana flask I've been using since I created this trapper, don't even bother perfect rolls on it, because ...well, it works :|

Tk u, this really help !
In my case, I just want to cut down 1 work to do, so I can focus on other things like : Life flask, vaal skill or evade enemy attack ( yay yay , a Casual Player :D )
I have a hard time deciding between putting Arc in gloves for 5 link or in the chest for 6 link. It does reeduce mana cost and it is enough for clearing just fine.. but for bosses 6 link arc or 6 link spire is the question.
"
koros wrote:

Koros, have you written any guides? Do you have your own channel on YouTube or Twitch? I would follow or subscribe at once! I just love your helpful attitude and in depth explanations of game's mechanics, bro!

I know that you are done with Arc Trapper but please don't leave us, ignorant people in darkness here! :D

Btw, I have two Loreweave: the first one with 3B3G (79% res) and the other 4B2G (80 res but lower other stats like max life, ele damage and 20% lower crit chance). What would you personally choose: the first one with the trap damage gem or the second one with increased critical chance gem?

Last edited by Bhaya on Jul 6, 2018, 3:03:24 PM
Great guide so far. My only question is in regards to jewels and abyss jewels many of you are using. Can you guys post some , so I can get an idea of what to look for? Maybe show me what the perfect jewel looks like so I have something to base it on. Thanks.
One other question if you guys would be so kind. Does anyone use bear trap at all? Do you just cast lightning spire once? Or do you drop all charges at once and simply spam arc? Im trying to figure out the most efficient way of playing. I'm no where near as good as you guys. Sorry if it seems like a stupid question. Btw my Golem isnt casting when I take damage and I noticed the OP had CWDT/Chaos Golem/ ETC all maxed at 20....Is this right?
"
Bhaya wrote:
"
koros wrote:

Koros, have you written any guides? Do you have your own channel on YouTube or Twitch? I would follow or subscribe at once! I just love your helpful attitude and in depth explanations of game's mechanics, bro!

I know that you are done with Arc Trapper but please don't leave us, ignorant people in darkness here! :D

Btw, I have two Loreweave: the first one with 3B3G (79% res) and the other 4B2G (80 res but lower other stats like max life, ele damage and 20% lower crit chance). What would you personally choose: the first one with the trap damage gem or the second one with increased critical chance gem?

The 80% one has average-good rolls of crit/ele, which is very nice, imo.
Come to think of why picking a Loreweave, isnt it about its max res? The other stats come after.
If it were me, I would pịck 80% one, as long as its other stats are average. 2g4b is just fine.
And for this build, imo, choose defensive stats over offensive ones :)
"
Essem wrote:
I have a hard time deciding between putting Arc in gloves for 5 link or in the chest for 6 link. It does reeduce mana cost and it is enough for clearing just fine.. but for bosses 6 link arc or 6 link spire is the question.

Covered by OP in the 1st page.
6L Arc in chest, 5L LST in shaped helmet
Anyway, just read his reason (which I think everybody would agree on)
"
XxPainzXx wrote:
Great guide so far. My only question is in regards to jewels and abyss jewels many of you are using. Can you guys post some , so I can get an idea of what to look for? Maybe show me what the perfect jewel looks like so I have something to base it on. Thanks.

Abyss Jewel (Hypnotic Eyes)
-Life (30+, prefer 40+)
-added lightning to spells/when dw

Cobalt Jewel:
-Life
-(Global) Crit multi to spell/elemental skills
-Increase Lightning damage

---------------------------
Life is most important on jewels.
Only 1 damage mod is good enough.
Craft your jewel is a better approach. I earned an ex or 2 while crafting jewels for this build, by selling jewels which are good for other builds, and start on a new base jewel.
But tbh, I stopped after crafting some average ones, because the damage is just ...well...crazy...with or without em :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info