Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

"
Dharmatrooper wrote:
"
Ovenschotel wrote:
Finished the acts and started mapping, still need to work hard on levelling my gems but could someone check my gear so far?

Change your amulet to 80+ life and crit multi. Also swap your rings to Mark of the Shaper + any elder ring with resists and life. And it's better to swap your helmet to evasion base one.

Thanks for the tips! Right now I do still need the stats from that amulet otherwise I can't even use Loreweave. Also, main reason I'm running that helmet is for the +40% arc damage enchant. Would it still be better to replace it?
Last edited by Ovenschotel on Jul 5, 2018, 9:42:18 AM
"
Ovenschotel wrote:

Thanks for the tips! Right now I do still need the stats from that amulet otherwise I can't even use Loreweave. Also, main reason I'm running that helmet is for the +40% arc damage enchant. Would it still be better to replace it?

The helmet is pretty good, it has alot of life, which this build struggle to get. Just replace all those rings and amulet with 70+ life ones and you'll be fine.
Btw, replace your gloves enchant with "of Reflection" enchant by running Normal Lab, any damage enchant can crit and it will trigger Shimmeron's downside
Thanks, I was wondering what was causing the shimmerons proc. Btw I have had to change my helmet (to an evasion one) to fit resists for when I'm switching to new rings at level 80.
My current setup (just leveling gems atm farming t16s and sometimes Red Elder). First time ever playing Shadow. Will start tweaking stuff later for my needs. Must say the build feels quite tanky.

Last edited by Escape_Artist on Jul 5, 2018, 11:59:32 AM
Have anyone tried Explosive Expert rather than Chain Reaction? One problem with chain reaction is I dont always have maximum 5 power charges. And 10% penetration of EE has more impacts on endgame bosses than 30% damage of CR I think
"
Have anyone tried Explosive Expert rather than Chain Reaction? One problem with chain reaction is I dont always have maximum 5 power charges. And 10% penetration of EE has more impacts on endgame bosses than 30% damage of CR I think

You're funny if you think you hit with all traps without Chain Reaction. You'll have to spend 1 or 2 jewels on Hair Triggers jewels assuming you took ALL the Trap Trigger Area on the tree almost.

Chain Reaction is freaking HUGE, and if you're using Cluster Trap, is *almost* a must.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Jul 5, 2018, 11:51:42 AM
I'm a bit confused on the Mark of the Shaper combo- should we be using a shaped ring or an elder ring? (Or have one of both to swap out for different purposes?)
"
Ovenschotel wrote:
I'm a bit confused on the Mark of the Shaper combo- should we be using a shaped ring or an elder ring? (Or have one of both to swap out for different purposes?)

Common sense is to use a Shaped ring for spell stun immunity on U.Elder fight and an Elder ring for map speed clear, but in reality, damage is so good that you don't even need to swap for more damage, stick with the Shaped ring will save you the trouble of swapping gears.
It's up to you, not that important in mapping, just make sure to use a Shaped ring in U.Elder fight :D
Hey CantripN, does the additional projectile enchantment for ball lightning actually do anything (when supported by cluster trap) above and beyond functioning as a modest increase area of affect (2 balls vs 1 per trap)? I assume it doesn’t do any more damage given the additional proj shares the same cooldown as the original projectile?
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Hey CantripN, does the additional projectile enchantment for ball lightning actually do anything (when supported by cluster trap) above and beyond functioning as a modest increase area of affect (2 balls vs 1 per trap)? I assume it doesn’t do any more damage given the additional proj shares the same cooldown as the original projectile?

Increased AoE *is* More damage for Ball Lightning. Especially true for traps, that don't aim well. If you're using Ball Lightning, it's a huge boost to DPS.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info