Just another Arc trapper (UBER ELDER DEATHLESS). Facetank minotaur + crazy damage (millions of dps)

One question, maybe someone asked this before but there are 27 pages :P

Does born in shadows work vs bosses? if not why not take explosives expert?
"
MsOtherName wrote:
"
Sequel wrote:
"
MsOtherName wrote:
Can someone have alook at my char? I am totally lost. I used to play with MoM. Now i get 1 shot by everything. Dont want to change gloves or rings because i would be dead even quicker. What am i doing wrong

obvously i can change biscos out. I have ~25 ex left if i sell headhunter cards

- Try to get a helmet with %phys damage taken as ele damage
- Get boots with spelldodge
Im going to suggest to swap gloves and rings anyway. You should have around 5k life if you dont play with mom. Im at 6k atm.

Okay i swapped now. I am at 4.9k life

New items. BUT. Why lightning spire trap in gloves. it consumes 2 stacks. how is that going to improve my dmg.

Read the FAQ, I added an answer why to use arc in the 6link. Also with the +1 gloves lightning spire trap will consume 2 stacks, as this is global. Meaning you throw an extra arc trap as well!
"
gduber wrote:
Can anyone compare this build to the performance of the crit fire/flamethroawer trapper?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2150567/page/1

I haven't played this build. But if I compare his videos to my clearspeed arc trapper looks much much better. Clearspeed is much higher with arc traps since they chain and clear mob packs cleanly. Also single target damage seems much better with arc+lightning spire. I can't say much to the defensive mechanics. The play might feel a bit smoother because of the tinkerskin with the Eldritch Battery skill tree node - No mana problems must be nice!
I'm quite lucky. Bought loreweave at 1ex and 6L it within 40 fusings. Then got my 1st shimmeron drop at 2nd elder. Now just hoping for the 2nd to drop. By the way, how do I get Mark of the Shaper? From shaper himself or elder?
"
gduber wrote:
Can anyone compare this build to the performance of the crit fire/flamethroawer trapper?

I've been playing Tinkerskin / Martyr of Innocence Fire / Flamethrower trapper with Eldrich battery without chain reaction, so life + ES gain on trap trigger - still for mapping i was using arc and for bosses Fire / Flamethrower trap - anyway defense / dmg / utility feels lower in comparison with pure Arc trapper with shimmerons. It looks great you dont need mana with eldrich battery, but there is no ES flask and many times happen you got hit so hard, that you drop to 0 ES and you cant throw trap for getting ES from Tinkerskin.

"
Sequel wrote:
"
gduber wrote:

I haven't played this build. But if I compare his videos to my clearspeed arc trapper looks much much better. Clearspeed is much higher with arc traps since they chain and clear mob packs cleanly. Also single target damage seems much better with arc+lightning spire. I can't say much to the defensive mechanics. The play might feel a bit smoother because of the tinkerskin with the Eldritch Battery skill tree node - No mana problems must be nice!

It seems it can solve mana problems, but truth is different. I was using jewel from temple, which gives you 0.4% ES regen per 10 int in radius. Anyway due to MoM when you drop to 0 ES - yes im talking to you vaal constructs, that ES regen isnt enough for at least one trap throw, so you start running around and wait for some ES - during that time even small hit get you to 0 ES again and there is no ES flask. Well stop using MoM would solve the problem, but you need it for EHP. Also you cant use acrobatics, which is huge defense nerf.
Last edited by Chimerka on Jun 19, 2018, 2:57:17 PM
If I use Lightning Spire Trap on a Helm I can't use Enfeeble on my Gloves because it will be linked to the Trap mod on them and can't be used by CWDT anymore. Same for the Golem. What can I do about this?
can anyone that has done end game reliably share their life and damage breakpoints? I am at 4654 life 30k lightning spire unbuffed, level 91 I thought i was ready for end game but apparently not.
Last edited by foster21 on Jun 19, 2018, 6:00:09 PM
"
AlphaRage wrote:
If I use Lightning Spire Trap on a Helm I can't use Enfeeble on my Gloves because it will be linked to the Trap mod on them and can't be used by CWDT anymore. Same for the Golem. What can I do about this?

Are you sane exile? 40 Challenges completed, grats man!

Anyway its bad, but you wont do anything with it, so put cwdt setup into helm and lightning spire into gloves - i know, you will loose trap dmg support from helm, but its only way you can achiev those gems with shaper helm / gloves. Gloves are must for this build, cause its 25% more dmg, but dmg helm is for min-maxed DPS setup - so maybe use just helm with life resists and put this one for uber bosses maybe.
Last edited by Chimerka on Jun 19, 2018, 7:25:55 PM
Hey, I'm level 83 atm, and until I get my Shimmerons, would it be fine if I use Doryani's Catalyst
Vaal Sceptre + Rathpith Globe Titanium Spirit Shield instead of 2 wands? I'm not feeling comfortable using Flame Dash instead of shield charge :(.
"
Chimerka wrote:
"
AlphaRage wrote:

Are you sane exile? 40 Challenges completed, grats man!

Anyway its bad, but you wont do anything with it, so put cwdt setup into helm and lightning spire into gloves - i know, you will loose trap dmg support from helm, but its only way you can achiev those gems with shaper helm / gloves. Gloves are must for this build, cause its 25% more dmg, but dmg helm is for min-maxed DPS setup - so maybe use just helm with life resists and put this one for uber bosses maybe.

Thank you. I will try what you said. First time Trapper so I'm not sure how well these scale but T16 works fine at Level 70 already so it's cool.

I had to make a three day break to stay sane. :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info