Blizzard is working on a 'new, unannounced Diablo project'

https://www.pcgamer.com/blizzard-is-working-on-a-new-unannounced-diablo-project/

So Diable 2 remake or Diablo 4 might be released in a few years from now at most? I suspect this could be D4, because there is no reason for Blizzard to give the market over PoE delaying a release of D4.
Last edited by TrichocereusSP on Jun 6, 2018, 9:47:11 AM
Last bumped on Jun 22, 2018, 3:47:20 AM
I don't think it would have anything to do with a "Diablo 4." They've already got a new IP project they're working on and producing a Diablo 4 would take a full-resource, complete, development team.

It might be possible they'll do a D2 reboot/remaster, but instead of it being a 2d sprite-based game, they could be attempting to move it to 3D. As the article mentioned, the original art assets are "long gone." They'd have to start mostly from scratch, there. They could be using 3D assets to generate sprites, which saves a lot of expense, though.

Lots of issues to think about. They could even be working on a sort of mini-game, a Diablo-based "Farmville," a card game, some other spinoff, etc. But, there's no way they're doing a fully-fledged D4 IMO, not without a heck of a lot more resources dedicated to it.
It could also just be another Diablo 3 DLC
There's 15-20 people working on the project. At best it's a DLC for D3. At worse it's a spinoff like I don't know... Diablo Battle Royale.
"
j33bus wrote:
It could also just be another Diablo 3 DLC

That's possible.

But, Blizzard has, fairly often, hinted that D3 will be basically going into "maintenance mode" fairly soon, with the only "content release" likely being, as wildly theorized by fans, the Druid class.

It could be they're planning something else, though. For instance, they could release some lightweight content patches, here and there, much like PoE does. A few people, stuffed into an office, cranking out a few new Rift types, maybe a new zone, here and there, etc.. It's "possible."

I do wonder how D3's Seasons are going to stay "fresh" for very long without continued tweaks. They might be trying to figure that out, too.
This is old news. Pretty sure it is dlc but could be the beginning of D4.

Edited to add: I wish Blizz/Acti would just speak about it already and put the rumors to rest. This company is just dumb.
Censored.
Last edited by kolyaboo on Jun 6, 2018, 12:39:28 PM
"
kolyaboo wrote:
This is old news. Pretty sure it is dlc but could be the beginning of D4.

Edited to add: I wish Blizz/Acti would just speak about it already and put the rumors to rest. This company is just dumb.

AFAIK, they've already said they aren't working on Diablo 4 in preference of working on a brand new IP.

And, that they have somehow still managed to stay pretty tight-lipped on all development subjects... Well, it has worked very well for them, since we're discussing it right now and generating some extra publicity for them for free. :)

It costs them nothing to benefit by saying nothing. ;)

PS - The DLC that is constantly demanded is the Druid class. There was a little bit of a teaser that could have been interpreted to be they were working on exactly that. But, I can't find it atm and don't remember where it was shown.
Last edited by Morkonan on Jun 6, 2018, 3:23:31 PM
poe is DONE F O R
I'd be up for warcraft 4.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"
Boem wrote:
I'd be up for warcraft 4.

Peace,

-Boem-

It was actually confirmed there will be no wc4 for years to come, by director partially in charge of warcraft 3 right now.

He was interviewed on livestream during some blizzard organized lan tournament of old top wc3 players.

He also said they plan to continue to put out occasional patches to wc3 like the ones that we got this year.

About d3, my guess is they are making 15$ druid character pack with 1-2 new maps for bounties.
Spreading salt since 2006

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info