[3.9] WINDS OF WINTER: Endgame Low Life Freezing Pulse Occultist | All Content | Magic Find | $$$$

"
Communismo wrote:
I recently changed my flask setup to the one you recommended, using the cinderswallow urn. This caused me to lose a burning flask, and I've died 3 times now to burning at level 95... is there something i'm missing for why you dont need a burning flask? If there are things to leech off, then of course its not an issue. A great example of when its a huge problem for me is like the canyon boss who uses the flame arrows. You kill him and you are ignited, theres nothing else on the map and if I'm below a certain health i just die and there is seemingly nothing i can do. I might trade the +move speed on the quicksilver for burning but maybe there is some form of mitigation that I"m missing that makes it unnecessary?

atm you have 2 anti freezing flasks? mana flask can you modding to remove burning. od other..
"
stauch3r wrote:
"
Communismo wrote:
I recently changed my flask setup to the one you recommended, using the cinderswallow urn. This caused me to lose a burning flask, and I've died 3 times now to burning at level 95... is there something i'm missing for why you dont need a burning flask? If there are things to leech off, then of course its not an issue. A great example of when its a huge problem for me is like the canyon boss who uses the flame arrows. You kill him and you are ignited, theres nothing else on the map and if I'm below a certain health i just die and there is seemingly nothing i can do. I might trade the +move speed on the quicksilver for burning but maybe there is some form of mitigation that I"m missing that makes it unnecessary?

atm you have 2 anti freezing flasks? mana flask can you modding to remove burning. od other..

You can put whatever you like on the mana flask. Like I said, I've never had an issue with needing a dousing flask apart from the one guardian, but if you are dying to random ignites, then obviously you should find a way to get a dousing flask in your setup. Getting frozen is the #1 thing I have randomly died to, so I use the mana flask as a backup flask of heat because it pretty much always has charges.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on May 10, 2019, 11:37:17 AM
yeah i agree with having the mana flask as a backup for freeze. the only concession i would be willing to make would be losing the extra movespeed off the quicksilver to get dousing, ill try for awhile longer without it though.
Hello, I am looking for a Freezing Pulse Witch build. I was gone for long time, and I don't know how to build a strong freezing pulse witch that can also use magic find.
I have top gear, really good gear from my previous witch. My question to you is:
I have a 6L that i care a lot for and I still want to use it. It has 912 ES and I want to know if i can still use it. If not, can you please suggest some other build? Thank you very much.
You can definitely run a high ES chest, you just swap off of low life and Pain Attunement for Chaos Innoculation and change up your passive tree accordingly.

It might be a good idea to get some mana reserve reduction so that you can have Hatred, Discipline, and Clarity reserved to your mana. Using an Enlighten gem, obviously.

I was doing something similar before I got my Shavronne's.

Also, you don't need to follow any build guide verbatim. You can make tweaks based on preference in many areas. I'm currently on a shield setup and don't have any intentions of dual wielding, personally.
Last edited by fiendishnature_ on May 15, 2019, 10:47:02 AM
I know that this is obviously a silly thing to ask in a Freezing Pulse build thread, but I was curious if anyone has tried using Frostbolt/Vortex as a replacement to Freezing Pulse and Cold Snap.

The swap seems pretty easy as it's literally just the two jewels. Otherwise, the Vortex can be setup with a Curse on Hit and Bonechill (and Projectile Weakness), and is instant cast simultaneously while casting Frostbolt. You only need to cast the Vortex periodically, as it basically casts 5 Vortex in succession from a single cast, which basically covers the screen.

Seems like maybe less single target dps since Freezing Pulse scales better with cast speed, but the aoe clear speed looks incredible.

Given how easy it is to swap back and forth between the two setups with the exact same passives and gear, I was wondering if anyone else had tried this before that could provide some feedback?

EDIT: I'm also curious about trying a Winter Orb, Infused Channeling, Curse on Hit, Projectile Weakness package to support Freezing Pulse instead of Cold Snap. Infused Channeling gives you a 6 second 10% more multi for Freezing Pulse and Winter Orb is probably better supplemental dps than Cold Snap. With our cast speed, we should only need to channel it for a second every so often to keep it up, and it would more consistently keep things cursed. Losing the Bonechill multi is definitely a thing, though...

It may also make more sense to run Greater Multiple Projectiles over Infused Channeling is Winter Orb turned out to be solid supplemental damage, as it basically multiplies the damage output by several times.
Last edited by fiendishnature_ on May 23, 2019, 11:34:21 AM
"
I know that this is obviously a silly thing to ask in a Freezing Pulse build thread, but I was curious if anyone has tried using Frostbolt/Vortex as a replacement to Freezing Pulse and Cold Snap.

The swap seems pretty easy as it's literally just the two jewels. Otherwise, the Vortex can be setup with a Curse on Hit and Bonechill (and Projectile Weakness), and is instant cast simultaneously while casting Frostbolt. You only need to cast the Vortex periodically, as it basically casts 5 Vortex in succession from a single cast, which basically covers the screen.

Seems like maybe less single target dps since Freezing Pulse scales better with cast speed, but the aoe clear speed looks incredible.

Given how easy it is to swap back and forth between the two setups with the exact same passives and gear, I was wondering if anyone else had tried this before that could provide some feedback?

EDIT: I'm also curious about trying a Winter Orb, Infused Channeling, Curse on Hit, Projectile Weakness package to support Freezing Pulse instead of Cold Snap. Infused Channeling gives you a 6 second 10% more multi for Freezing Pulse and Winter Orb is probably better supplemental dps than Cold Snap. With our cast speed, we should only need to channel it for a second every so often to keep it up, and it would more consistently keep things cursed. Losing the Bonechill multi is definitely a thing, though...

It may also make more sense to run Greater Multiple Projectiles over Infused Channeling is Winter Orb turned out to be solid supplemental damage, as it basically multiplies the damage output by several times.

Give it a try and see how it goes! It's always best to use build guides for inspiration rather than trying to precisely copy everything in them. Winter Orb builds won't look quite the same as Freezing Pulse, and I tend to think Freezing Pulse has better mechanics than Frost Bolt, but it's always worth a try!

On another note, I expect to finish the 100 grind today and then be able to start working on more endgame videos. Good Lord the grind from 98-100 is boring. It's way worse than it was back before 2.0 when I did it last, and I thought it was bad then. I don't know how anyone does this in just a few days without losing all their sanity... I've had to take week-long breaks to avoid burnout.
Last edited by tackle70 on May 23, 2019, 11:56:22 AM
Yeah, the level grind definitely sucks. I'm only level 93 and it's already a pita. I can only imagine what level 99 to 100 is going to be like.

I'm going to try Winter Orb instead of Cold Snap tonight. I've been doing a self cast Cold Snap for a while, but I play on PS4 and it kinda sucks on console because it's so hard to accurately aim. I'm hopeful that the auto aim of Winter Orb is going to be a big improvement. Being able to quickly and easily apply and maintain Projectile Weakness should be a big boost for me. I'll report back on how it goes in a few days.

(Obviously I'll still be running Freezing Pulse as my main skill, but I really do want to try Frostbolt and also Ice Spear at some point)
Last edited by fiendishnature_ on May 23, 2019, 3:20:59 PM
"
Yeah, the level grind definitely sucks. I'm only level 93 and it's already a pita. I can only imagine what level 99 to 100 is going to be like.

I'm going to try Winter Orb instead of Cold Snap tonight. I've been doing a self cast Cold Snap for a while, but I play on PS4 and it kinda sucks on console because it's so hard to accurately aim. I'm hopeful that the auto aim of Winter Orb is going to be a big improvement. Being able to quickly and easily apply and maintain Projectile Weakness should be a big boost for me. I'll report back on how it goes in a few days.

(Obviously I'll still be running Freezing Pulse as my main skill, but I really do want to try Frostbolt and also Ice Spear at some point)

I've been chaining Arid Lake with Zana's Elder mod to get it to T16 and using five sextants for extra mobs and it's been roughly 500 maps to go 99-100 doing that... 99-100 is an absolutely awful grind... a sextanted T16 without bonus content (like an Abyssal depths) is only ~600k XP at level 99, and you need ~330M for the level up
Last edited by tackle70 on May 23, 2019, 4:05:32 PM
Winter Orb was a bust. Takes ~2 seconds to charge and lasts for 4 seconds. Way too much time spent channeling it and not enough time going pew pew with Pulse.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info