[3.9] WINDS OF WINTER: Endgame Low Life Freezing Pulse Occultist | All Content | Magic Find | $$$$

yeah I saw in path of builds that energy leech was just more dps than most other options.

One thing ive been wondering about though as I try to theoeycraft possible further min-maxing of this build though is i think we are overstacking cold penetration. Following this guide you get 39 from cold pen support, 20 from ascendancy and another 20 from pandemonius against. chilled enemies.

The shaper only has 40% cold res so wouldn't just cold pen by itself be enough? I dont know that there is a better way to spend the 2 ascendancy points because I think the other 6 points are absolutely mandatory, but basically the pandemonius is just providing 50% cold damage (and some CC) in its best case. Are there maybe some better options for this slot?

I wonder how choir of the storm would fare in this slot.
"
Communismo wrote:
I wonder how choir of the storm would fare in this slot.

10-15% less damage than pandemonius depending on exact gear setup for freezing pulse; about 5-10% less damage when factoring in the lightning bolt, but trading cold damage for lightning damage is a bad deal since you want the highest freezing pulse DPS you can get to get all the freeze/chill benefits

It might be worth it on an Elementalist version of the build where you are trying to abuse shock with Beacon of Ruin but that build would probably look a lot different (and probably would not be low life based).

The build has lots of every kind of damage increase; there's a ton of %increased damage, lots of %crit chance, lots of %cast speed, lots of %crit multi, and lots of %cold pen

That's why, even though there is a lot of cold penetration, I haven't found more optimal ways to increase damage. If anyone finds any, I'm happy to make changes, but the only idea that I have for meaningfully increasing the damage is to add a +1 power charges corruption to the helmet but good luck getting that.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Apr 29, 2019, 10:37:06 PM

:)

still haven't actually crafted it yet, but put some chaos on it so it would be at least wearable for me.

Going to try and chaos spam it in guffs safehouse and see what i can get.
"
Communismo wrote:

:)

still haven't actually crafted it yet, but put some chaos on it so it would be at least wearable for me.

Going to try and chaos spam it in guffs safehouse and see what i can get.

Nice! I wondered what sort of crazy gear would come out of Synthesis league; I'm curious to get a look at what's available once the league goes to Standard.
I'm confused about Projectile Weakness. Maybe it's because I'm playing on the PS4, but the skill description says it increases damage with projectiles... it uses the word "increase" instead of "more." All of the discussion I can find on this seems to indicate that it's a multiplier rather than additive to the rest of the increases, despite the current wording... can anyone explain this to me?

Also, I feel like I do way more damage with Controlled Destruction instead of Energy Shield Leech, despite the decreased crit chance. Has anyone else tried Controlled Destruction instead?
Last edited by fiendishnature_ on May 7, 2019, 6:37:20 PM
"
I'm confused about Projectile Weakness. Maybe it's because I'm playing on the PS4, but the skill description says it increases damage with projectiles... it uses the word "increase" instead of "more." All of the discussion I can find on this seems to indicate that it's a multiplier rather than additive to the rest of the increases, despite the current wording... can anyone explain this to me?

Also, I feel like I do way more damage with Controlled Destruction instead of Energy Shield Leech, despite the decreased crit chance. Has anyone else tried Controlled Destruction instead?

Projectile weakness doesn't increase your own damage with projectiles. Rather, it increases the damage enemies take from your projectiles. That's why it ends up being a big multiplier for your damage.

Controlled destruction is definitely a viable option. I played with it a bit and just felt like my freezing wasn't quite as consistent as I liked personally but if it feels good to you, go for it. It's a very good gem for damage.
Last edited by tackle70 on May 7, 2019, 7:53:13 PM
Makes sense, thank you for your reply. I just started playing this game a couple of weeks ago so I'm about as noob as it gets, lol. This build guide has been very helpful.
I recently changed my flask setup to the one you recommended, using the cinderswallow urn. This caused me to lose a burning flask, and I've died 3 times now to burning at level 95... is there something i'm missing for why you dont need a burning flask? If there are things to leech off, then of course its not an issue. A great example of when its a huge problem for me is like the canyon boss who uses the flame arrows. You kill him and you are ignited, theres nothing else on the map and if I'm below a certain health i just die and there is seemingly nothing i can do. I might trade the +move speed on the quicksilver for burning but maybe there is some form of mitigation that I"m missing that makes it unnecessary?
"
Communismo wrote:
I recently changed my flask setup to the one you recommended, using the cinderswallow urn. This caused me to lose a burning flask, and I've died 3 times now to burning at level 95... is there something i'm missing for why you dont need a burning flask? If there are things to leech off, then of course its not an issue. A great example of when its a huge problem for me is like the canyon boss who uses the flame arrows. You kill him and you are ignited, theres nothing else on the map and if I'm below a certain health i just die and there is seemingly nothing i can do. I might trade the +move speed on the quicksilver for burning but maybe there is some form of mitigation that I"m missing that makes it unnecessary?

The only time I've felt a need for a flask to deal with ignites is the one elder guardian that ignites you, and I do swap in a flask to deal with that. For everything else, I have found that just keeping vaal discipline available on standby is sufficient for any random degen not covered by flasks.

On another note, I hope to get back to uploading a few more videos in the next week or so. Almost done with the grind to level 100.
Last edited by tackle70 on May 10, 2019, 9:18:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info