[3.6] Death's Oath Trickster - ALL CONTENT | Tanky | Budget | Fast Clear | Lag-Free

"
Doeoeod wrote:
"
whiteyfang wrote:
I was looking for some shadow build and this one piqued my interest. Few questions though

1. What about the 450 chaos dmg on ourself whenever we kill someone? Because for now I always used to see Death Oath CI builds...
2. I was looking for uber elder build for 3.3 (couldnt even meet him in 3.2 thanks to absurd RNG). How hard do you think it will be on a scale of 10, also, rate shaper fight as well for better clarification.

I always compare the chaos self-damage to Righteous Fire's self burn to make myself feel better. A guardian with 8k ES and 85% fire res (this is actually quite a bit for a temp league) takes in the area of 800-900 damage/second, and regens it fine. Life-based RF builds (the good ones) take more than this. Even at your absolute minimum chaos resistance we're at ~500 damage/second. With no life regen on gear, and missing some nodes on the tree (the % life regen behind Growth and Decay) we sustain this. 450 is actually a tiny, tiny number in PoE.

As for Chaos Inoculation, see the FAQ section on why I'n not an Occultist (which would be the superior ascendancy if we were).

Shaper is all about two things in my opinion:
Detonate the anomalies on the edge of the map (if you're not sure what I mean, look up some Shaper fights). First time I did it I left about three or four directly over Zana, and had that "oh shit, those are permanent?" moment.

The second is actually thinking you can do Shaper. I know for a long time I doubted my ability to do things like Atziri because other builds do it easier/better (see: instakill mine builds, Juggy™ boys).

So, after doing Shaper and other big bosses, how do feel now? And what are your thoughts on Uber elder if you were to play this build again with minor improvements?
"
whiteyfang wrote:
So, after doing Shaper and other big bosses, how do feel now? And what are your thoughts on Uber elder if you were to play this build again with minor improvements?

"With minor improvements" would probably be "don't play like a monkey" in my position, honestly. Uber Elder seems like we'd need to go for more regen on gear and probably a faster shield charge (attack speed mods etc.). It's all in the rings. Seems trivial enough, if I had the patience to spawn him. Squint your eyes and pretend we're Righteous Fire.
any tip for leveling?
"
thedoldivic wrote:
any tip for leveling?

Yes, what he described in the FAQ after the original post.

"
Doeoeod wrote:
Moved because I hit the character limit

Spoiler

What do I do before I buy/find my Death's Oath?
This really shouldn't matter too much, but if you can't think of anything, try one of the following:
Blade Vortex - Spell Echo - Added Chaos/Lightning Damage - Increased Area of Effect

Essence Drain - Void Manipulation - Controlled Destruction - Swift Affliction

I've honestly never had too little currency to buy a Death's Oath by the time I clear Act 10. A minimum roll (20 less life, 10 less to all attributes, 5% less attack speed, 40% less local armour compared to max roll) is in the ballpark of 1-5 chaos early in a temporary league. I've seen people wear Cherrubim's Maleficence and running Essence Drain, but any generic 4-link rare will do. Blade Vortex and Essence Drain work fine until you get ahold of our build enabler. Really though, it's a hella cheap item.

https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
"
This means having to find stun immunity, the lack of any ES from our chestplate

well but occultist is stun immune aslong as we got energy shield :D wich as a CI build is not that hard to achiev.

and without a chest piece i round up about 8.5k es with a 0.8 second delay until it starts recharging for 4 seconds without a stop :)

i am very glad to see though, that trickster is as good as occultist using my favourite item :))
thanks for this build guide, i am thinking about testing trickster over occultist this league. maybe :D
Might try this out on HC, do you think it can do well in high tier maps and temples?
"
Tecken1407 wrote:
Might try this out on HC, do you think it can do well in high tier maps and temples?

I'm doing this build atm but Softcore. Started Saturday evening, am lvl 67 1/2 now. I don't even have set up all the other gem setups yet and it already feels so much better than RF xD. Can't wait to see how it works with Blight tonight. Will report my progress here :)
https://www.twitch.tv/ston3cold3
Last edited by Stone__Cold on Jun 4, 2018, 6:49:09 AM
What supports are the best to use for Death Oath? I noticed you're using Efficacy in some of your chest previews, but it's not mentioned in the links
"
What supports are the best to use for Death Oath? I noticed you're using Efficacy in some of your chest previews, but it's not mentioned in the links

as far as i know there only 6 gems which can support a death aura :O

Concentrated Effect Support/Increased Area of Effect Support
Efficacy Support
Arcane Surge Support
Void Manipulation Support
Swift Affliction Support
Less Duration Support

the only other gems able to support death aura are item quati and item rarity
Last edited by Mnemoc on Jun 4, 2018, 9:18:06 AM
Started the build on IHC just now. Since most of the damage comes from a lvl 62 item, what skills are best to use untill then? I'm pretty new to all the chaos shenanigans, so any leveling advice would be nice! =)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info