[3.6] Death's Oath Trickster - ALL CONTENT | Tanky | Budget | Fast Clear | Lag-Free

Hey Cool build Dude! Can I join ur clan im in act 1 and Id relally like to have sum help im a newbie xoxoxoxo

IGN: Okey
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
I will test your build for the 3.3
i dont need to link 2-2-2, just must to had the 6 sockets (0 link ?) with the good color am i right ?
Last edited by CassHure on May 27, 2018, 1:28:03 PM
"
CassHure wrote:
I will test your build for the 3.3
i dont need to link 2-2-2, just must to had the 6 sockets (0 link ?) with the good color am i right ?

Glad to hear it, and you're correct on all points! I always do the 2-2-2 link because it looks pretty; it's like a buttoned up shirt, you know? Until you get the full colour setup, you can actually link a red and blue on the Death's oath and stick your Stone Golem gem in there. Every time you summon the Stone Golem, we get the Mana Regen and Spell Damage for Blight. (I ran B-B-B-G-R-R to like, level 94).

With the full B-B-B-G-G-R setup, 0 linking is required. I recommend selling your Fusings to buy Chromatics.
Last edited by Doeoeod on May 27, 2018, 2:17:07 PM
i spent 3k chromes so hard to get just 1 red soc on armour. any tips?
So I went essence drain for flashback and then switched to flicker strike because I got bored with it, recently levelled a LL RF guardian right before bestiary ended so I think this build is going to be my go to league starter because I reallllly wanted to do a Death's Oath trickster!

Would it be wise to level to 68 using a standard essence drain build or is it simple enough to stick to your build? Thanks man, now I'm super stoked for Friday!
Great build. Do you think it is still a viable choice for a league start? And if then how hard would it be for a league starter?
"
summerdays79 wrote:
i spent 3k chromes so hard to get just 1 red soc on armour. any tips?

Assuming you're using the correct Vorici recipe (2B1G seems to be a bit more efficient), you might just be hella unlucky. The worst case scenario is that you buy the Chromatics; they're really not that expensive. A lot of people get daunted by builds that require some harsh off-colouring; my advice here is to think of this as your six-link in a standard build: you need to be either really lucky, or prepared to invest a chunk of currency into the right roll.

"
Grimcreeper88 wrote:
So I went essence drain for flashback and then switched to flicker strike because I got bored with it, recently levelled a LL RF guardian right before bestiary ended so I think this build is going to be my go to league starter because I reallllly wanted to do a Death's Oath trickster!
Would it be wise to level to 68 using a standard essence drain build or is it simple enough to stick to your build? Thanks man, now I'm super stoked for Friday!

I say using a "standard" Essence Drain is a bit too far. If you're super worried about your leveling efficiency, you can opt out of the AoE nodes on the tree (Blast Radius, Amplify), but hitting the requisite level 62 for Death's Oath is trivial. The rest of the build is pretty much identical; you reach the Blood Aqueducts, swap the chestplate on, and move some gems around. A Temporal Chains + Despair curse aura is enough to finish the acts easily.

"
MrWicked wrote:
Great build. Do you think it is still a viable choice for a league start? And if then how hard would it be for a league starter?

TL;DR: Yes. The only unique we require to start mid-tier mapping is cheap as heck; we easily reach tier 10 sustained mapping faster than the average Essence Drain. There's nothing that really stops us from progressing, much like other self-proclaimed "league starters". We're life-based, and thus don't need high ES totals on gears, nor do we do as much self-damage as Righteous Fire. Our Eternal Labyrinth Ascendancy points are largely quality of life, and don't give us a build-enabling mechanic.

In all cases, the biggest roadblock in our build is waiting for a properly-rolled Impresence to hit the market (or, y'know, killing him yourself). It takes time, but losing Mind over Matter doesn't hurt us in white- and yellow-tier maps anyways.
Great build! The Shadow redux for 3.3 means that 3.2 builds won't work in PoB, so if you could put together a new PoB for 3.3 that'd be awesome.

It would also be a good enhancement to see additional leveling details - outlining the best way to level until one gets a Death's Oath, etc. (e.g. complete skill links, breakdown)
All that and a bag of chips!
I was looking for some shadow build and this one piqued my interest. Few questions though

1. What about the 450 chaos dmg on ourself whenever we kill someone? Because for now I always used to see Death Oath CI builds...
2. I was looking for uber elder build for 3.3 (couldnt even meet him in 3.2 thanks to absurd RNG). How hard do you think it will be on a scale of 10, also, rate shaper fight as well for better clarification.
"
whiteyfang wrote:
I was looking for some shadow build and this one piqued my interest. Few questions though

1. What about the 450 chaos dmg on ourself whenever we kill someone? Because for now I always used to see Death Oath CI builds...
2. I was looking for uber elder build for 3.3 (couldnt even meet him in 3.2 thanks to absurd RNG). How hard do you think it will be on a scale of 10, also, rate shaper fight as well for better clarification.

I always compare the chaos self-damage to Righteous Fire's self burn to make myself feel better. A guardian with 8k ES and 85% fire res (this is actually quite a bit for a temp league) takes in the area of 800-900 damage/second, and regens it fine. Life-based RF builds (the good ones) take more than this. Even at your absolute minimum chaos resistance we're at ~500 damage/second. With no life regen on gear, and missing some nodes on the tree (the % life regen behind Growth and Decay) we sustain this. 450 is actually a tiny, tiny number in PoE.

As for Chaos Inoculation, see the FAQ section on why I'n not an Occultist (which would be the superior ascendancy if we were).

Shaper is all about two things in my opinion:
Detonate the anomalies on the edge of the map (if you're not sure what I mean, look up some Shaper fights). First time I did it I left about three or four directly over Zana, and had that "oh shit, those are permanent?" moment.

The second is actually thinking you can do Shaper. I know for a long time I doubted my ability to do things like Atziri because other builds do it easier/better (see: instakill mine builds, Juggy™ boys).

"
Great build! The Shadow redux for 3.3 means that 3.2 builds won't work in PoB, so if you could put together a new PoB for 3.3 that'd be awesome.

It would also be a good enhancement to see additional leveling details - outlining the best way to level until one gets a Death's Oath, etc. (e.g. complete skill links, breakdown)

I've taken a look at the 3.3 skill tree changes and can honestly say absolutely nothing has changed. You can maybe consider the other Shadow starting node (14% damage, +14 energy shield) as a one-off in the high level 90s. Our pathing is the same, no notables we use are moved, and we're otherwise unobstructed.

As for leveling trees, I've intentionally opted to not include them because nobody knows what your character needs more than you. Hate the Death's Oath degen? Rush Quick Recovery, Shaper, and the Scion area jewel socket. Like going fast and breaking things? Skip Constitution (the Life rectangle) and go for damage.

There is no Path of Building link to replace (to my knowledge, it's a loooong post), but if I ever install it I'll replace the tree. 3.3 Tree link when the league starts.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info