[3.6] Death's Oath Trickster - ALL CONTENT | Tanky | Budget | Fast Clear | Lag-Free

"
I was thinking that if we can get a six-link death's oath and change the less duration gem to a chaos spell gem that also deals DOT on monsters. For example, essence drain. In this way, we can farm the higher tier maps faster.

A lot of ED budget builds use Death's Oath that way, until they can afford something like a Skin of the Loyal or Cloak of Defiance.
Guys, I would love to give this guy a test run before the league starts - does anyone have the Allelopathy gloves lying around on standard that they would sell or lend me? :)
FINALLY IT'S LUPUS!
Last edited by LupusImmortalis on Aug 29, 2018, 7:25:46 PM
So I guess this build got buffed a bit in 3.4, are any of you planning on starting with it? how much are those gloves/a death's oath early in league?
"
how much are those gloves/a death's oath early in league?

In the first few days, a crappy Death's Oath will cost 1 Chaos. A week later, a perfect Death's Oath will be 1 Chaos. Early on, the gloves can be as much as 50 times more expensive than that Death's Oath. So, yeah, the only bits to grind money for are the amulet and BotC.

I started with the Occultist version two leagues ago and will be starting Delve with this one. The AoE is huge, so it'll be killing things in the Darkness, before we can even see them.
Still trying to figure out what to go for in delve. By comparison to let us say a RF chieftain or jug or others, can this do endgame bosses better, worse or about the same? RF builds can become extremely expensive if you want to hit an uber elder or uber atziri.

I'm looking for something similar but also different, can this replace a relaxed rf build? I'm not looking for uber elder farming, that is not what these types of builds are for. I'm just trying to figure out how is this better or worse and in what ways when compared to a rf build.

Last edited by Nosferat on Aug 30, 2018, 9:37:23 AM
Can you addl ike a gameplay video ?
May i ask about the coming unique in 3.4 namely "The grey spire".
The way i see it you would miss out on some aoe and duration on blight, but gaining another 100% inc dmg and the juicy +4% maxres.
Would it be possible to make do with fewer sockets?
Sadly this is a total Hipster Build: Fun but not really capable of endgame.

Thx for the Idea anyway.
Final update before 3.4 launches (nothing changed tho)
Spoiler

"
StorgutBorsit wrote:
Sadly this is a total Hipster Build: Fun but not really capable of endgame.

Thx for the Idea anyway.

It does everything short of Uber Elder, and competed with racing groups while solo. Everything. Not sure what your "endgame" is, but T16s and Uber Atziris seem fine to me. Your ele hit build is cool too though, don't worry.

"
Pallamut wrote:
May i ask about the coming unique in 3.4 namely "The grey spire".
The way i see it you would miss out on some aoe and duration on blight, but gaining another 100% inc dmg and the juicy +4% maxres.
Would it be possible to make do with fewer sockets?

Less block, Less Life, and a rather small increase in damage, coupled with the AoE drop. I don't think the 4% max res can really justify all this, even discounting how starved for gem sockets the build is. I liked the 2x unset rings and Shaper belt with Abyssal Cry to maximize the gem value here.

We're also losing the elemental shield from Magna Eclipsis (if you run one), and puts more strain on our resistances through jewellry. There is probably such a thing as too many uniques.

Also requires us to use leap slam, which sucks :(

"
Nosferat wrote:
Still trying to figure out what to go for in delve. By comparison to let us say a RF chieftain or jug or others, can this do endgame bosses better, worse or about the same? RF builds can become extremely expensive if you want to hit an uber elder or uber atziri.

I'm looking for something similar but also different, can this replace a relaxed rf build? I'm not looking for uber elder farming, that is not what these types of builds are for. I'm just trying to figure out how is this better or worse and in what ways when compared to a rf build.

Righteous Fire but enemies move at half speed. You're probably not getting the same mileage against major bosses (a la Guardians, Shaper) because of innate curse resistance, but wins by a long shot for regular mapping. Relaxed and easy on the frames; this was my "laptop build" for 2 leagues because it can basically be played on a trackpad.

"
Irra_set wrote:
So I guess this build got buffed a bit in 3.4, are any of you planning on starting with it? how much are those gloves/a death's oath early in league?

Half my guild, apparently. I'll update when they run out of chromatic orbs.
that's my boy yanker spanker
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info