Skill Revamp - Elemental Hit

still seems dull. Can we get the same TR jewels for Wild Strike?
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
JoeShmo wrote:
1. How many places on the passive tree actually allow for 40 of two types of stats in a medium radius? ( It's 40 Str or 40 Dex or 30 Str + 10 Dex, etc. right? ) Otherwise this is going to be super restrictive, and the only effect it offers is removing an element ( no damage ( lol 10% inc ), no fundamental change to how the skill works, unlike like other jewels ) Jewel effect needs to be improved, badly.

3. Since the skill now has the aoe tag, does that mean it no longer works with ancestral call / melee splash? That's a huge loss of clearing speed, and the initial + "80% more" effect are not going to make up for that, not in the least.

1) They're MORE flexible than other threshold jewels, not less. You don't need to get 80 total attributes. Also, "the only effect it offers is (enabling Elemental Equilibrium)" FTFY!

3) Why should the AoE tag disable either ancestral call or melee splash? It still has the melee tag. Plenty of other melee gems have the AoE tag and still work with both of those.

"
just like glacial hammer and it's jewels

Having actually played with Glacial Hammer and its jewels, I can tell you that they absolutely DO make a big difference. GH may not be a top tier skill, but the jewels do serve to make it a LOT more playable. If your idea of "useless" is "if it's not KB, then it's shit", then I can't help you. Apart from pointing out that they've hinted that KB will be nerfed in 3.4.

"
Frost Blades will still be better for cold damage ( + better jewels )
Infernal Blow / Molten Strike will still be better for fire damage ( + better jewels )
And Static Strike / Lightning Strike will still be better for lightning damage.

What? Bows? Serious? Every one of the other elemental arrow attacks are exponentially better

And Ele Hit will be better for Elemental Equilibrium (possibly also making it better than those others at bossing, apart from Molten Strike and its shenanigans). So what's your point? Of course those skills excel at their respective element - they're dedicated to them. What would you have them do - make Elemental Hit not be tri-Elemental anymore? Or have it do all three elements together, making it no different from any other skill with added elemental damages from gear/gems? Jeez!

"
People will still run Barrage ( now improved..again ) for single target, and KB will never be outclassed for clearing

See, there's your problem. Feel free to keep running around with your broken skills if you wish (at least until they get nerfed, then feel free to rage at both GGG and all those who disagree with you), but kindly stop imagining you have any claim to speaking for everyone else. This is straight up buff of a skill that sorely needed one. It may not meet your exalted standards of what skills should be like but, frankly, it was never meant for you. Just go on right back to your 27th KB + Barrage wander for 3.3 (all the while going "have fun with your shit builds OMEGALUL!") and let everyone else be.

1. Read the brackets. And "enabling EE" is not a feature, every build can do that if they want with minimal effort. Also, the jewels don't enable EE, they actually remove interaction with it as you add them.

2. The AoE tag would disable them because Call and Splash work with single target melee, not all melee. The melee skills that work with it are actually single target melee skills, with a secondary effect; which is why I was asking for clarification, considering Elemental Hit may be an actual aoe attack, or it might be a single target with a secondary. Hence, Clarification.

3. Glacial Hammer's jewels do make a huge difference, but a huge difference between 1 and 7 is still worse off than 70. I wasn't arguing that the jewels did nothing to improve the skill at all, but that it doesn't make an actual difference in their effective use or how far into the game you can use them; hence my "useless" vernacular. You might still enjoy using it, that's fine, but it doesn't detract from its standing compared to other skills, hence the point of these revamps to begin with.

4. You seemed to have glazed over what you quoted pertaining to other skills when compared to Elemental Hit. Elemental Equilibrium ( in your statement ) doesn't apply because it was a discussion about the jewels making the skill primarily do a single element. When in that situation, any other dedicated skill will out perform it for clearing and/or bosses. And when comparing it between melee, bow, or wand, there are other dedicated or accepted skills that are just too far ahead of even the revamped Elemental Hit that the changes aren't enough, or even in the right direction. So yeah, of course dedicated or specialized skills ( even hur hur meta ) are going to out perform it...because that was the point. In Dedicated vs Dedicated ..it loses.

You can be edgy and ignore statements about barrage and other skills, but it doesn't make them go away. Players know they exist, and GGG does as well. And when dealing with mapping / content their relevance is hugely important for builds. If you don't make skills be at least closely comparable to the higher ranking ones, then its a complete failure as nobody is going to actually seriously use it. If some random person uses it and has fun up to T6 content ..that doesn't mean it was a success.

Besides, where is the logic in not improving on Elemental Hits design or criticizing that it's not enough? Do you really want it to be an underdog skill still, just so you can win some sort of hipster battle with "the meta players" by making sure you don't become popular or efficient? That sounds completely irrational.
Now Elemental Hit has the flavour of modern skill gems with interesting mechanics.
I hope they stay if you decide to adjust the damage numbers (which are more than twice the old values).

I would suppose a fast melee multistrike build would gain a great benefit to proc the ailment-boni (bonus damage + radius) fast and trigger EE for even more damage.

I really like this update, good job.
Maybe later we see a Dominating Blow rework ?;)
Masterpiece of 3.16 lore
"A mysterious figure appears out of nowhere, trying to escape from something you can't see. She hands you a rusty-looking device called the Blood Crucible and urges you to implant it into your body."

Only usable with Ethanol Flasks
Last edited by gandhar0 on May 25, 2018, 3:39:13 AM
Doryani's Fist + disabling cold and fire damage + ele hit..
Seems like a good idea!
The explosion effect looks really bad. Don't get me wrong, you don't need to go overboard with an effect like this, but right now you can barely see the effects at ALL.
Nice rework, it really shines though with 1-2 threshold jewels (depending on planned use).
In that light, can we have them as quest rewards somehow? Thx.
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
Im gonna do like the exact same build that got it nerfed back in the day lol
cool. how does it interact with voidforge?
"
JoeShmo wrote:
"
Exile009 wrote:
3) Why should the AoE tag disable either ancestral call or melee splash? It still has the melee tag. Plenty of other melee gems have the AoE tag and still work with both of those.

2. The AoE tag would disable them because Call and Splash work with single target melee, not all melee. The melee skills that work with it are actually single target melee skills, with a secondary effect; which is why I was asking for clarification, considering Elemental Hit may be an actual aoe attack, or it might be a single target with a secondary. Hence, Clarification.

Just gonna chime in here:

Stop looking at the tags! They mean NOTHING with regards to which support gems work. Tags are there ONLY for the purposes of things like '+1 to level of MELEE gems' or 'increased crit strike multiplier with COLD skills'.

If you wanna know what can be supported by what, you look at the text just below the level/attribute requirements on the support gem, it will tell you what kinda skills it can support. The gem tags, both on the support gems and the skill gems, have nothing to do with it.
so any news on vall summon skeletons how will they work on bosses as most summon characters wont attack the boss but just summon minnions to do thier bidding

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info