[3.6] Low Life Arc Mines | Uber Elder

"
Marchosiae wrote:
I changed the helmet, boots and arc gem, but i'vew only 37 life regem/second (that will be 108 es regem), do you think Zealot Oath's is justifiable?
The Pyromaniac ascendancy node gives us life regeneration whenever we detonate mines. It's important that we convert it to energy shield regeneration for survivability.
Started following your guide a couple of days ago after 6 linking shavs.

Today I was able to kill uber elder for the first time, with my first set too!

10/10, would follow again :P

Any suggestions on what to upgrade on my gear next? I was thinking about lightning pen watcher's eye.

I've been playing this build the entire league. I started out with arc mines with the plan on switching to GC for bossing but decided to go LL arc instead. This build is a lot of fun and I've been able to kill uber elder probably 30-40 times already without much effort.

Here's the gear I'm currently using:

I made some changes while playing:

- Swapped out Lori's Lantern for Call of the Brotherhood. A good way to get resists, shatter enemies, and additional mana regen.

- Took more ES % skill nodes earlier on in place of crit nodes. Survivability was a bigger problem than damage. Getting up to 8k ES helps this build out a lot.

Some random thoughts:

- Learn how to use mana pots on this build or you'll suffer from mana problems. Burn your mana down, hit your mana pot, and keep spamming mines so you don't hit 100% mana recovered. You'll be around 300-400~ mana and recovering 1700+ total, so you wanna make sure you get that full 1700 worth from tapping the pot.

- It seems hard to get up to 80% crit chance on this build, but I'm not sure how necessary it is. Even with avg gear you're going to slaughter Uber Elder.

- Sin Treks are great but your other items will likely suffer until you get boots with resists on them.

- Gloves, 2nd ring, and boots seem to be the most versatile pieces in this build. Gloves and ring have been throwaway slots for me in order to have the necessary stats and resists.

- Fossil crafting for the arc helm enchant on Hubris circlets is going to be cheaper than buying one for 30ex. At around 10ex spent, I already had two arc enchants and a few molten strike enchants. Fairly lucky, but even if you're unlucky it'll be cheaper and you're likely to make a profit in the long run versus just buying the helm.
[u]test123
Last edited by ziotfk on Dec 30, 2018, 4:11:49 PM
"
ziotfk wrote:

- Fossil crafting for the arc helm enchant on Hubris circlets is going to be cheaper than buying one for 30ex. At around 10ex spent, I already had two arc enchants and a few molten strike enchants. Fairly lucky, but even if you're unlucky it'll be cheaper and you're likely to make a profit in the long run versus just buying the helm.

What ilvl for hubris circlet bases did you use? Are there any breakpoints or it doesn't matter since everyone just multimods them anyway?)
Last edited by Klimon on Dec 30, 2018, 6:04:44 PM
"
akumalawl wrote:
Any suggestions on what to upgrade on my gear next? I was thinking about lightning pen watcher's eye.
Gear looks great. You might want to flip some of your support gems to 20q. I assume the Herald of Thunder is just leveling for gem exp. Watcher's Eye is your next big upgrade. The Clarity Watcher's Eye should be better than Wrath if you can afford it.
"
Klimon wrote:
What ilvl for hubris circlet bases did you use? Are there any breakpoints or it doesn't matter since everyone just multimods them anyway?)

ilvl 80-84 hubris circlets are usually good enough if you are going for +additional mines. I tried to stick to ilvl 84 helms but I was rolling lower level ones too (80-84).

http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Shaper#Helmets

"

Prefix

84 - Adds (2–7) to (88–93) Lightning Damage to Spells

Suffix

85 - Place an additional Mine
Socketed Gems are Supported by Level 22 Remote Mine

84 - Socketed Spells have +3% to Critical Strike Chance

The only thing you probably care about in that is the flat lightning damage to spell at ilvl 84. I spent a good amount of money trying to 3 fossil craft but didn't have much luck so I decided to just multi-mod it instead.

https://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Helmet&an=int_armour

Dense, prismatic, and metallic can land you a juicy helm with high ES, flat lightning, and lightning %. You can also land -lightning resist pen, but there are so many other ways to get it that you ideally don't even want it on your helm.

[u]test123
Can someone take a look at my profile and tell me what upgrades I should prioritize? Everything now feels like it's gonna cost a couple ex at least so I want to maximize every upgrade in the right order.
"
Can someone take a look at my profile and tell me what upgrades I should prioritize? Everything now feels like it's gonna cost a couple ex at least so I want to maximize every upgrade in the right order.
The easy upgrades would be enchanted boots and higher ES gloves and shield. Then save for the Clarity Watcher's Eye.
Great build so far.

Managed to craft this pretty little nugget. Just need to work on the enchant lol [dbLinkedItem id="12691097620"]
Last edited by RobinSparklz on Jan 2, 2019, 3:43:14 AM
So turns out I'm running basically this exact build as my LL arc, but with a few adjustments.

My current gear:

I'm sitting at 9k+ ES at the moment, with about 1m arc average hit in POB with shock activated (not sure if that's the correct way of doing it). I use Vaal RF and Vaal arc instead of vaal clarity. My dex is so low, that I can't even equip a lvl1 phase run, so I make do with flame dash (prefer it anyway though).
Made the mistake of taking #% chance of gaining 10% per spell cast Watcher's Eye; so now I can't just pop a mana flask and spam arc, as I hit max mana randomly and the flask effects go away.
Also decided to run +#% increased crit on my diamond flask, as I feel that poison immunity is useless as I never encounter it anyway.
I also run an aspect of the spider ring for now.

Plans for the future are to get an aspect of the spider sorc. gloves and move to a shapers ring with an elder baseed dream fragments. That's about a 20ex of investment though, so quite a long way to go.

Most of the game content is trivial, with most of the bosses hitting their immune phase with one burst of arc mines.
Minotaur is a complete pain in the ass though and I try to avoid him as much as I can.
Having played gc mines this league, I can say that LL arc mines is way more comfortable and the damage output is pretty close.

Maybe you have some other advice as to what I should improve or work to next?
Thanks for the build guide btw, the flask load outs for different bosses is something that I really needed without knowing it.

P.S. I'm running increased critical strikes instead of elemental focus. Is ele focus really the better choice here? I hit something in the range of 80-90% effective crit chance with my flasks atm. (At work so can't check for sure).

My tree is a bit adjusted here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/3.5.1/AAAABAYDAQFvBkAGdwjUDXwOjg_EEQ8RLxFQE4MT3xslHRQdTx8YH1sjXyoLKwospi0fNAo1uTdmOw07fEGWQixFuUcGSVFJsUuuTLNQQlH7UzFTNVRiWFpca1yKXfJiT2aebAhtGXBRcFJzbXZve197136wf8aD8YRIhHeJ04w2jHaOZI9Gj_qQ1pMnlPGVIJuam6GgQ6B5oS-io6crrJius7QMtUi2-rcxt3W4yrkGuZO-isHFwfPDCcNtyQbK080W0B_Q0ND118_YVNlb2-fi9-kC6rrrY-v17BjuFe-I7-vw1fD58YryHfJ196b3wffX-Jf5N_rS_Uo=?accountName=Joksee&characterName=Joksee

Still undecided about the unnatural instinct gem and the flask nodes.
Last edited by Joksee on Jan 2, 2019, 5:39:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info