[3.6] Low Life Arc Mines | Uber Elder

"
Twintech wrote:
can you use Inpulsa's Broken Heart Sadist Garb?? or is the low life better ?

The most powerful mod on Inpulsa's Broken Heart, "Shocked Enemies you Kill Explode, dealing X% of their Maximum Life as Lightning Damage which cannot Shock," does not work with mines (or totems or traps). This is because, similarly to the Shimmeron crit interaction, our mines kill the enemies instead of us. On-kill effects do not work with mines. Without the explosions, Inpulsa's is not very good.
What do you think about new trap supports? Charged mines make clearing much easier without need to swap weapons for charges.
"
phx wrote:
What do you think about new trap supports? Charged mines make clearing much easier without need to swap weapons for charges.

Charged Traps Support only works with traps, not mines. We have consistent power charge generation from the Blast Cascade node and 15.4 second power charge duration, so the weapon swap is only needed while clearing on the rare occasion that Blast Cascade fails to trigger several times in a row.
"
alolamola wrote:
Blast Cascade

Woops, I totally missed that.
Is Jaws of Agony bugged? I have Multiple Traps Support and Cluster Traps Support in the shield, but it's only granting a maximum of 1 power charge per drop. I remember being able to get multiple charges at once, hence the point of putting those support gems in.

Did they "fix" it?
Will you post videos of high-end maps and end-game bosses?
"
N1nx wrote:
Will you post videos of high-end maps and end-game bosses?

No, I've got a wooden PC so they'd be very low quality. There should be plenty of streamers and YouTubers playing Arc though. It seems to be a popular skill this patch.
"
mwmorais wrote:
Is Jaws of Agony bugged? I have Multiple Traps Support and Cluster Traps Support in the shield, but it's only granting a maximum of 1 power charge per drop. I remember being able to get multiple charges at once, hence the point of putting those support gems in.

Did they "fix" it?

The issue is that traps now consume a charge for each trap thrown, making Multiple Traps and Cluster Traps useless for traps with a cooldown. You can still get more than one power charge per throw, but Bear Trap will only throw 3 traps and then go on full cooldown.

We'll need to use a trap without a cooldown now. Explosive Trap has the lowest mana cost of the traps without cooldowns, so an Explosive Trap + Cluster Traps setup seems best for offhand. I'll update the guide with the new links as well. Thank you for bringing this to my attention!
Last edited by alolamola on Jun 5, 2018, 11:59:44 AM
Might be a stupid question but why not link blood magic to discipline instead so you have a little more hp? (I probably just overlooked something, im sure you know what you're doing :)

btw nice build. I'm using basically 100% of it.
Last edited by KornmanGobbles on Jun 5, 2018, 10:13:35 PM
"
Might be a stupid question but why not link blood magic to discipline instead so you have a little more hp? (I probably just overlooked something, im sure you know what you're doing :)

btw nice build. I'm using basically 100% of it.

It's largely a holdover from 3.2, where I was running Aspect of the Spider on mana for 40% unreserved. Mines can eat through mana quite quickly, and having more mana unreserved means we don't have to hit our Lavianga's as often. This is convenient since we don't have as high of uptime on Vaal Clarity anymore.

If you feel comfortable playing with higher mana reservation, I'd recommend Arctic Armour or perhaps a purity for extra defenses (EDIT: or a Blasphemy -- slipped my mind but better than purity if you have 2 slots). I'm currently debating running Arctic Armour over Bear Trap. You could also swap Wrath and Discipline for a bit more life, as you mentioned.
Last edited by alolamola on Jun 6, 2018, 4:09:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info