The Corruption Chamber

Your item will be transformed to an Elder or Shaper rare with random socket numbers, colours mods, and links.

Do i understand it correctly ?

You always go for Stygian Belts again ? ilvl 84+

Get 5x elder or shaped sell it to vendor and get a single non corrupted shaper / elder base with ilvl 84+ back ???

okay i am hyped now :D
30 Shores with Double Pack / Breach / Max Sextants https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2006424/page/1
First Selfmade Build as Sparker ( MF ) https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1637690
1 Million Tool Tip Dps Sparker https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1761162

Can we super corrupt skill gems from this?
"
WithLoveEarL wrote:
"
Damoochie wrote:

"
WithLoveEarL wrote:
I think initially people will farm div cards for 6L chests, craft them and vaal for good implicits or white sockets. When you save up some currency, I think it's a reasonable risk to take, 50% chance for a positive outcome, of which 25% for a potentially GG item.

Yeah, but 25% chance to get elder/shaped base means on average it would take you 20 fully upgraded Tier 3 rooms to get the elder/shaped base that you want, e.g. opal ring. So, 20x opal ring bases at the desired ilvl is already expensive and difficult to buy, 20 temple runs is a full day's work at best, but assuming the room is rare or rng is not on your side, it might take you 50+ temple runs to get 20 Tier 3 Corruption rooms. All of that for 1 elder/shaper base.

50% chance to ruin an item is not a smart gamble on anything of actual value imo. And white sockets are little more than a gimmick for the vast majority of gear bases, so I also consider this a fail.

And why do you need 20 item bases? Only 5 are needed to vendor to get an uncorrupted base.

Damn son, your math skills aren't something to be proud of!

Here you go:

25% chance to get an elder or shaper base, meaning 1 in 4 items you uber vaal will be successful. Since you need 5, the number of tries you will need on average are 5*4=20. Just like obtaining beachheads, you will ON AVERAGE need 20 harbinger orbs to get 5 maps.

On 6L corruption:

50% chance to ruin the item is not great, but you would only do it if you have a lot of currency, i.e 3-4 6links laying around. Statistically, again:

Assuming the item is worth 5ex, there is a 50% chance to lose it. If successful result would make the item worth 10ex, then your expected return is 5ex -- break even.

Now let's investigate the successful results further.

Getting all white sockets would make an item worth around 8-10ex in my opinion, especially if the chest is best used with 4+ off colours.

Getting a double implicit is straight up improving the item significantly. At worst it might be worth 10ex, but at best it could be worth 100ex+ if both implicits are perfect for the build, e.g. one of them being elem damage with attack skills on Bronn's Lithe for Fire Cycloner.

So overall I'd put the expected value of a gamble at 10ex, so if you gamble enough it will pay off long term, but you have to have the bankroll to sustain it.

My math skills are fine tyvm. I just misunderstood your "averages" estimation which appears to be based on your subjective experience with rng. Besides, this can all be bypassed with trade and should be affordable if the corruption chamber can be accessed by players without too much hassle (it all hinges on this really).

As for white sockets, sure it's handy to get if that's what you wanted... but as a one shot chance with only 25% probability of success (even the other non-destroying outcomes would render the piece useless to you as the colours would now be locked) it's too risky in a league for your average player, considering the outcomes....

.... but now I'm the one talking averages -_-
--------------- THE MOOCH --------------
Will the items still be modifiable in the Vorici bench ?
From League Starter to Shaper – Cheap, Tanky, Fast and Fun Physical ST – Very Detailed Guide
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2077519

Gannicus, God of the Arena – Deathless Uber Elder for Everyone
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2627521
dang this new league's gonna kick ass ♥

oh, btw. reading all the Drama in the Tencent topic, I suggest to you GGG to create a new supporter pack and call it:
SURVIVING CATACLYSM
:D it's gonna be the pack for all the ones that like to keep their support towards this game :D
Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
You know I am really missing option to corrupt my items without any risks or benefits. Can you please bring back 30 quality corruption or something like that?

Other than that I am not really interested in another end game gamble because every time I decide to "try my luck" it always makes me leave the game for some time. :D
hm I know the first time I try this corruption alter, it will destroy my item..

Then I will never attempt to get corruption alter again.
"Don't Tread on Me"
Last edited by jables on May 23, 2018, 2:55:57 PM
Equal chances for crafting and destroying an item is a really bad idea.

SSF 0NLY! --- Trading turnes uniques into trinkets and warriors into hagglers! ---
Elder item level 100 bases incoming!
"
Sevar13 wrote:
Let me clear this, if I corrupt amulet, ring or belt it will have 50/50 chance for double implict or be destroed???????

No not really.. You can still get the change sockets to white, but since amulets and rings don't (NORMALLY) have sockets it would appear to do nothing, in theory anyways.
It could also change the ring or amulet into a rare elder or shaper item.
"Don't Tread on Me"
Last edited by jables on May 23, 2018, 3:03:09 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info