The Corruption Chamber

Let me clear this, if I corrupt amulet, ring or belt it will have 50/50 chance for double implict or be destroed???????
"
Sevar13 wrote:
Let me clear this, if I corrupt amulet, ring or belt it will have 50/50 chance for double implict or be destroed???????

It's unclear what the weightings are but its very unlikely the dual corruption affix would be 50/50 in the case of 1x1 non socketed items.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Can't wait for all the crazy new items this league. I'd rather destroy a 6L trying to get 6 whites than have to spend thousands of chromes trying to get off-colors on certain items. Never knew how much I wanted this feature... This temple is gonna be great! As long as the room spawn chances aren't too low, that is.

Really, the last thing we need is ridiculous RNG weighting here. I imagine getting lucky with an early level 2 corruption chamber, then not getting another upgrade opportunity the rest of the run, then not seeing a corruption room in the next 10 temple runs (or insert other good rooms here). Hopefully there won't be too much overbalance, but let's be real, GGG balances this game around people who can play it 80 hours a week.
(2-3-2019) Buff underused skills (3.23?!)+ selfcast, stop nerfing defense, build in threshold jewels (3.23?!), implement D3-style looting, add death log + MTX preview, actually rework flasks, stop balancing around the .01%, unnerf Harvest, ADD NEW WAYS TO LEVEL, finally implement Loot 2.0
bring out the snakes
Still failing to solve "The Riddle of Melee" 4.0 HYPE!!!
SILLY BITCH...THE EAGLES ARE COMING!!!
THE EAGLES!!! (bleeds out from a wound to the gut)
the eagles...are...coming...(coughs)...the eagles...
"
WithLoveEarL wrote:
"
Bowman8763 wrote:
"
lurker14ownz wrote:
Guess this is where we will be vaaling Tabulas. Not alot other thats good to vaal unless you want to gamble 6 links for all whites or double implicit.

Yep, exactly. Why would I risk a 6l shavs or other item for a double implicit that may or may not be viable to my build? Or, to turn all the sockets white? Who the hell needs that when Vorici is around?

Bestiary was a pokemon ripoff. This league might take the number 2 spot on the lame scale.

Maybe Tencent should start telling Chris what to do sooner than later.

Who the hell needs 6 sockets turned into white? Bronn's Lithe with ideal colours for a Cycloner (5 off colours) costs on average 3,185 chromatic orbs. That's 320 chaos orbs, doesn't sound good early in the league does it? Pretty sweet to get 4 exalts worth of colouring in one corruption.

Drawback? Lose your 6L, which is what makes the game fun.

You seem like a typical troll whiner and complainer about everything. Just enjoy the damn game son.

You m....n as you can see from the Incursion start page there will be new implicts modes like f...g immune to bleeding on rings or double value on random second implict. Vaal sistem now have much higher chance to brick items than what they offer on Altar. You sound me more like those players who moaning for the best items in the game when the reach level 2.
I just want to make a Tabula with full white sockets!

pogchamp
"
Damoochie wrote:

"
WithLoveEarL wrote:
I think initially people will farm div cards for 6L chests, craft them and vaal for good implicits or white sockets. When you save up some currency, I think it's a reasonable risk to take, 50% chance for a positive outcome, of which 25% for a potentially GG item.

Yeah, but 25% chance to get elder/shaped base means on average it would take you 20 fully upgraded Tier 3 rooms to get the elder/shaped base that you want, e.g. opal ring. So, 20x opal ring bases at the desired ilvl is already expensive and difficult to buy, 20 temple runs is a full day's work at best, but assuming the room is rare or rng is not on your side, it might take you 50+ temple runs to get 20 Tier 3 Corruption rooms. All of that for 1 elder/shaper base.

50% chance to ruin an item is not a smart gamble on anything of actual value imo. And white sockets are little more than a gimmick for the vast majority of gear bases, so I also consider this a fail.

And why do you need 20 item bases? Only 5 are needed to vendor to get an uncorrupted base.

Damn son, your math skills aren't something to be proud of!

Here you go:

25% chance to get an elder or shaper base, meaning 1 in 4 items you uber vaal will be successful. Since you need 5, the number of tries you will need on average are 5*4=20. Just like obtaining beachheads, you will ON AVERAGE need 20 harbinger orbs to get 5 maps.

On 6L corruption:

50% chance to ruin the item is not great, but you would only do it if you have a lot of currency, i.e 3-4 6links laying around. Statistically, again:

Assuming the item is worth 5ex, there is a 50% chance to lose it. If successful result would make the item worth 10ex, then your expected return is 5ex -- break even.

Now let's investigate the successful results further.

Getting all white sockets would make an item worth around 8-10ex in my opinion, especially if the chest is best used with 4+ off colours.

Getting a double implicit is straight up improving the item significantly. At worst it might be worth 10ex, but at best it could be worth 100ex+ if both implicits are perfect for the build, e.g. one of them being elem damage with attack skills on Bronn's Lithe for Fire Cycloner.

So overall I'd put the expected value of a gamble at 10ex, so if you gamble enough it will pay off long term, but you have to have the bankroll to sustain it.
"
"
Sarno wrote:
All sockets becoming white sounds awesome!

(Yes I know this isn’t the “best” one.)

Not the best??? It actually is dude. Imagine a Kaom's Heart all white sockets... too gud

You can't get a Kaom's with all white sockets, since Kaom's doesn't have sockets. The corruption is "All of your item's sockets will be changed to white" not "add 6 white sockets". Thus, it will only change socket colors on items that already have sockets.
i just hope this stuff will be explained in the game
Last edited by mgasper0 on May 23, 2018, 12:13:30 PM
"
Your item will be transformed to an Elder or Shaper rare with random socket numbers, colours mods, and links.
All of your item's sockets will be changed to white.
Two corrupted implicit mods will be added to the item.
Your item will be destroyed.

Newb trap.

1. RNG (which will fuck you 99.9999999999999999% of the time...)
2. Pointless unless you gamble a 6 link, and still pointless because vorci.
3. RNG (which will fuck you 99.9999999999999999% of the time...)
4. RNG auto fuck.

Great for pawnshop all stars though, as usual.
Too much censorship that you never even see. Totally removed posts and silenced accounts across all communities. https://www.youtube.com/@Innomen

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info