Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

I am lose for words here,Sad to see this happen.
I hope that things stay the same or better, And not become Worse off or there is just another game to scratch off the list. I dislike this move big time but if it helps the game become stronger better then ok, Soon as i see increase in prices or Janky BS im gone.
Seriously as a beta tester and someone who spent a lot on this game.. Im worried.. this game has always been the independant perfect game to me.. where the devs and the funding methods were literally perfect.. Ive never been disapointed.. but with and huge outside investment.. Im totally 100% worried about the future.. It saddens me a lot tbh.. Hope I havent spent a paychek on this game to be forgiven into my steam library in some years..
So now Exilecon will be in China?

I do not know how to feel about this.
Welp, can't say I am pleased with this news, but then I am not entirely worried either.
While I am aware of Tencent, who seem to have their finger in damn near every pie, I can't honestly say I've heard a single bad thing about them.

What really matters is results. If the game remains as forward thinking and open as it always has, and just ends up getting more content, then that's a good thing.
And you guys don't strike me as the type to sell out your principles for money, otherwise this would have had happened a long time ago.

So I guess we'll wait and see how it pans out, rather then rush to judgement.
Unsure what to think
I have never had a good experience with any game whose majority stakeholder was a Chinese corporation and am extremely leery of giving my money to support such a company.

I am very disappointed GGG has decided to get in bed with Tencent after everything you've said about staying independent.

For the time being, I will refrain from purchasing any further supporter packs until I see how this plays out.

i can't believe you're owned by a rapper, weird.
no more chinese game pls...
Do we get sick MTX's?
Tencent sucks.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info