Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

Why?
Well... I do not know THE REAL REASONS why GGG did that, but for me as PoE long-time supporter this means... 0.0001% chance that I will buy ANY next coming supporter packs.

It was fun ride 5+ years for me. Now in the next months to come, I will most likely start search for next ARPG. It's sad.
This was an incredibly poor choice on GGG's part.

Any promises made with Tencent's name attached mean absolutely nothing.
IGN: Microwave
"
Do we get sick MTX's?

They prolly just received a shit ton of cash, they don't need to make MTX's and supporter packs no more to fund POE.
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
I do trust youll continue to be an amazing company, but sorry, League of Legends, Fortnite and Clash of Clans are horrible, horrible examples of models for F2P games.
4.0 <3
wtf why?
Happy and sad moment.
I was hoping GGG wouldn't make an IPO in order to keep their creative freedom, but I fear that this may be a tipping point in quality of POE.

Not going to assume this is a bad thing and will keep playing and judge it for myself, but I can't help but feel that this is going to be a net loss of GGG's soul :(
Well, you guys fully deserve the money (yes, a CEO who wake at night and post in <5 mins when a prob occur on the servers to reassure the customers is kinda unique and deserves thanks AND money), so I have no problem with your decision, but still.

Tencent.

Majority shares. And majority votes if I understand well your post.

No.

Have spent 100$+ in PoE, more than in most of my games (can only think of 2 MMORPG that cost me more 'cause of monthly fee), but that's it. This sum won't grow anymore.
Last edited by bejarid on May 20, 2018, 10:09:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info