Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

From my experience usually when something like this happens things change and not for the better. And they all post the same info you guys did. But I don't know tencent and I don't know Chinese ways of doing things. Maybe they're not like the EAs and activisions.
"

Did you miss the part where GGG said they were not bound to do sweet fuck all for Tencent except report some financials and give them a part of their profits? Most of the money will just be reinvested into support for the game as it always has been.

Sir, how old are you ? Were you born 2 hours ago ???
Everytime something like that happen in the world everyone know that it will happen and every time it happen the ppl who got shoved money into their pockets claim it wont impact...
Yes little bird... Investing companies invest into games to lose money at your leisure just so you can enjoy better and better content...

Here some math for you
Invested money from Tencent = Go in GGG ppl pockets <--- Retirement money, new house, new car, a night with your sister.

What you have left is GGG income - Tencent cut = New income
New Income < Old Income
In word you might understand:
Its like taking a 20k dps character and wondering why it cannot kill as fast then the 2m dps...
The Is No Way To Make More Content or Patches With Less money.

"
odizzidoq wrote:
From my experience usually when something like this happens things change and not for the better. And they all post the same info you guys did. But I don't know tencent and I don't know Chinese ways of doing things. Maybe they're not like the EAs and activisions.

They are worse.....
They are also implicated in credits and with the Chinese government to make a credit score system...
I mean, seriously... If they wanted to sell to the devil, at least they could of slit their throats to complete the ritual.
Too bad, I was on the brink of buying one of the latest supporter packs, but I guess I can save that money now.

Uninstalled.
Account inactive since Tencent majority share acquisition.
"
zagibu wrote:
Too bad, I was on the brink of buying one of the latest supporter packs, but I guess I can save that money now.

Uninstalled.

What a stupid excuse to not support GGG anymore :-D
"
petitcrabe1 wrote:
"

Did you miss the part where GGG said they were not bound to do sweet fuck all for Tencent except report some financials and give them a part of their profits? Most of the money will just be reinvested into support for the game as it always has been.

Sir, how old are you ? Were you born 2 hours ago ???
Everytime something like that happen in the world everyone know that it will happen and every time it happen the ppl who got shoved money into their pockets claim it wont impact...
Yes little bird... Investing companies invest into games to lose money at your leisure just so you can enjoy better and better content...

Here some math for you
Invested money from Tencent = Go in GGG ppl pockets <--- Retirement money, new house, new car, a night with your sister.

What you have left is GGG income - Tencent cut = New income
New Income < Old Income
In word you might understand:
Its like taking a 20k dps character and wondering why it cannot kill as fast then the 2m dps...
The Is No Way To Make More Content or Patches With Less money.

Are you perchance high or something? The agreement was for 80% of the profits, not their income. Your usual profit margin when it comes to video games is anywhere between 3-10% and not much higher than that when you take operating costs, salaries, overheads, etc. into account. Let me explain it to you in terms even a child can understand:

If GGG made 100 dollars in income before, taking the 10% profit as the hard upper limit, that makes a profit of ten dollars post expenses.

Tencent's deal to acquire GGG was for 80% of their stock, which means they're entitled to 80% of the profits after expenses, which means we're talking about 80% of ten dollars, therefore eight dollars. The remaining two go into the pockets of Chris, Jonathan, and Erik.

As for the 90 dollars of remaining income - it goes back where it always was, and that is to support the continued development and maintenance of the game. It doesn't mean Tencent will steal 80 dollars out of every 100 GGG makes. That doesn't make them money, it only ruins their investment.

I would ask you to try again, but I think you might just suffer from a stroke by coming up with something even more alarmist that has no foundation in reality whatsoever.
1337 21gn17ur3
*GULP*
~`Kisses`~
I read all this. I have no clue what who will do in the future - but me. And I can say I am shocked and I will not give my money as easily to GGG as I did in the past. It feels different now.
Last edited by SeeleVonMensch on May 22, 2018, 3:38:02 PM
"

Are you perchance high or something? The agreement was for 80% of the profits, not their income.

And now we know you know nothing of money... You said the same thing...
Profit get invested for more profit... By adding content and so on... with 20% left you get 1/5 of the budget and it mean a lot less then 1/5 of content because as anyone who was not born yesterday know. You buy a lot more with 5 times more money and with 1/5 you buy about 1/8 to 1/10.
I do not even understand how you can even think of it making sense.. As if you were thinking profit = Christmas gift or something.. You really think the deal was "We get 80% of your private lives money!" ?? That 80% is the money spent on the game... Not the employees housing, cars or food.. Wth man... Do you even try to use logic when you think ? The unspent "profit" is decided by who do you think ?

In short, just look at EA purchased game.
https://imgur.com/gallery/NZalt
Pre EA those games invested most of profit into making more games. Once owned by EA the games often die because EA does not put money on these things.. IF you think Tencent is not the same... You are only right without knowing they are worse. They are not a gaming company. They are a TRANSACTION ONE! The deal into credits, transaction from phone apps to anything else they can get their hands on and are even into building a credit score system in China with the gov... I mean wth is wrong with your brain.
Last edited by petitcrabe1 on May 22, 2018, 3:50:28 PM
"
cgexile wrote:
I mean I personally ask the cashier at least one question when they say some shit like "would you like to round up to donate to starving children?" or "would you like to donate $1 to the hurricane relief fund?" What children and what fucking hurricane am I donating to? I try and at least ask so I know who what, and where. But there are a bunch of people who clearly don't even ask and just say 'sure.' Companies love people like that.

Hahaha! Yeah, that always annoys me. :-) Usually I just say "no thank you" and move on. Next time I'm going to have to ask them for more details next time to see the clueless look on their faces. They don't know, they're just told to ask it.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info