Tencent has Invested in Grinding Gear Games

Tencent is evil, stop playing PoE because GGG is not indie company anymore ! *note; please give away your currency and gears, it will do good for us who still enjoy the game.
Last edited by bewilder2 on May 22, 2018, 5:38:29 PM
Hooray
"
Shyanmar wrote:
It's not great news per sé, but I for one am going to withhold premature judgement.
If, and only IF this turns out to be a decision with far-reaching negative consequences as quite a few people are inevitably wont to assume immediately despite assurances to the contrary, there will be more than enough time to complain about it.

Until then, no need to paint a depressing picture that's a bad caricature of reality. Only drags ya down.

If, and only IF this leads to PoE becoming a p2w mess, I will drop any and all support of the game. If, however, it remains the game I've come to love and enjoy, I'll continue to support work well done - that's simply positive reinforcement. GGG presumably know to what design decisions and business practices they owe their success, and until I see evidence of the contrary I'll assume that they will strive to keep it that way.

EDIT: They have earned enough of my trust over the years that I'll at the very least give them the benefit of the doubt here. If it works out, all's well and good.

+1

I have noticed it in last years, that some ppl here (and quite alot I have to say) just need to create Drama.
I have an urge to smile upon those pityfull ones :D

GGG creates even a FAQ with points where they state the company will not undergo any changes basicaly incl. game direction etc. and yet those Trageds keep whining /facepalm
Or, maybe they are prophets! and can see the future :D

For me, it is just the way GGG is considered, no more a standalone company purely functioning on player support MTX. Despite that I think they are already way beyond any money issues since several years :)

As long this game wont feel like mangaanimepokemondotafinalfantasylineage thingy I gonna keep supporting them, as I did so until now, be it supporter packs or MTX :)

GL GGG in the future ♥
(yet I am still wondering about how you can hold up against such flood of negativism from players in last years, all the moaning QQ hate and bitching, but meh, might be just my nature)

Playing for joy ♥

If interested, check out my Hideout(s): /view-thread/2226019
Harbinger and Beastiary both sucked. If anything, maybe we will get better leagues that are actually focused on what the community wants and not developer wet dreams.
🐢
"
Moribundus wrote:

+1

I have noticed it in last years, that some ppl here (and quite alot I have to say) just need to create Drama.

GGG creates even a FAQ with points where they state the company will not undergo any changes basicaly incl. game direction etc. and yet those Trageds keep whining /facepalm

For me, it is just the way GGG is considered, no more a standalone company purely functioning on player support MTX. Despite that I think they are already way beyond any money issues since several years :)

As long this game wont feel like mangaanimepokemondotafinalfantasylineage thingy I gonna keep supporting them, as I did so until now, be it supporter packs or MTX :)

GL GGG in the future ♥
(yet I am still wondering about how you can hold up against such flood of negativism from players in last years, all the moaning QQ hate and bitching, but meh, might be just my nature)

Yeah, the age-old drama queen issue ... it seems to crop up in most communities at one point or another.

I've never been one to partake in that kind of nonsense. Maybe that comes with age, I dunno.

But I'd guess any developer team would build some natural resistances to it. I see it in my work as well (I'm an ERP systems developer), albeit our customers aren't usually as hysterical as some kid gamers. But the same general sentiments seem to be fairly universal. We can laugh about it, maybe GGG can as well. I'd hope so.
"
Moribundus wrote:
"
Shyanmar wrote:
It's not great news per sé, but I for one am going to withhold premature judgement.
If, and only IF this turns out to be a decision with far-reaching negative consequences as quite a few people are inevitably wont to assume immediately despite assurances to the contrary, there will be more than enough time to complain about it.

Until then, no need to paint a depressing picture that's a bad caricature of reality. Only drags ya down.

If, and only IF this leads to PoE becoming a p2w mess, I will drop any and all support of the game. If, however, it remains the game I've come to love and enjoy, I'll continue to support work well done - that's simply positive reinforcement. GGG presumably know to what design decisions and business practices they owe their success, and until I see evidence of the contrary I'll assume that they will strive to keep it that way.

EDIT: They have earned enough of my trust over the years that I'll at the very least give them the benefit of the doubt here. If it works out, all's well and good.

+1

GL GGG in the future ♥

I agree with this to an extent. Please remember that the way the game has arrived at this level is largey due to us - the community. By complaining, and thus changing the development, the community has quality control tested everything. If there was no complaining many things would never have been fixed and the path of exile we know would not exist ---and ten cent would not be buying it. Thank goodness the community has a voice! Often this complaining is way overinflated, yet we continue to push path of exile into the best game in the genre. Hopefully our whining and complaining will still be acknowledged and poe continues to evolve and stay relevant.
🐢
"
bewilder2 wrote:
! *note; please give away your currency and gears, it will do good for us who still enjoy the game.

That would be of little or no help...Not many people play standard, so this game essentially completely restarts every 90 days or so.
Not necessarily terrible news.
But definitely not good news either.

I wonder why you did this.
A company that invests wants to have some roi, that are the rules.

I really hope you guys at GGG will never regret this decision.

The day you guys stops buying supporter packs is the day this game is no more..
And it seems like most of you wont support that Chinese company.

As soon as they get the numbers for the past year and they see that money aint rolling in as supposed, thats when this game as we know it stops existing. The game will still be here but with a fee or something else to maintain cashflow..

It has been so easy to support Chris Wilson since he was a person with electrical bills and everything else that we normal people struggle with on a daily basis.

It was very easy to throw money at him when you knew that he would provide some great content for you.

Now thats not so easy to do anymore, since he is past the point of having trouble paying his electrical bills or even put food on the table.

Who can blame Chris Wilson for finally cashing in on all his hard work.

As Liberace once said when asked how he felt when most of his fans had abandoned him because he came out as a gay person..

His answer: "I cryed all the way to the bank !"

That is probably what Chris Wilson is doing right now... He is crying all the way to the bank.

49% Motherfucker
51% Son of a Bitch
You tube AI decided I needed to see this...

thought I'd share. This scares me :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdrP1K6W2S0

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info