Can we have a corrupted blood rework?

Dunno I don't even notice corrupted blood anymore, probably just using a bad build

Meta = cattle

-ty men
"
I0wa wrote:
Dunno I don't even notice corrupted blood anymore, probably just using a bad build

Looks like that character could stand in a trap gauntlet just to get an itch scratched. :-)
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
This is true. The most dangerous time I've seen is with an evasion character with good leech but little life regen. The CB can be ignored, as long as monsters are there but if all the monsters are dead then one better have a staunching flask ready to go real quick or the character can die real fast

while i totaly agree that the dmg can be dangerous,there is no reason to rework it.
its just a lesson you have to learn once and than prepair for it.
after that its purely a playererror if you die to it and it can happen when you dont pay enough attention.
its a sideeffect of the crazy clearspeed meta that makes ppl spamm movementskills instead of the good old quicksilver. (i know ppl are still using them but not as consistently or rolled wrong)

gues what i do first after every pack when i dont see more enemys aroud, ihite my dame anti bleed quicksilver even though i´m not bleeding 99% of the time.
yes i hate the movementskill spamming,because i dont like the idea of them beeing spammable (they are supposed to be lifesafers in bad moments and not a "get faster from a to b" if it isnt over a cliff/river.
it doesnt really need to change,i dont care enough for that.
let ppl spamm it if they love it so much,i find it simply anoying,unfun and very tiring.

if you stop caring about what others do in the game and the econemy, poe feels like a much better game to me. thats why i always find it funny when ppl complain about "having" to level as a sunder or only use meta skills in lategame.
sure many skills are weaker than meta skills,but messing around with them is way more fun for me than forcing me to run a meta build.

sometimes i end up running a meta or somthing close to a meta build (really wanna run a trapper since the ascendency changes but since they announced the trap buffs/changes so early i waited),but its never for sake of running a meta build its purely for my own fun.
"
Turtledove wrote:
"
I0wa wrote:

Looks like that character could stand in a trap gauntlet just to get an itch scratched. :-)

;)

Everyone should have room for one of these
People having problems with degens like these are probably using 5 offensive flasks, since beta people weren't meant to run a belt full of only offense flasks
Meta = cattle

-ty men
Last edited by I0wa on May 21, 2018, 1:43:53 PM
"
ciel289 wrote:
"
This is true. The most dangerous time I've seen is with an evasion character with good leech but little life regen. The CB can be ignored, as long as monsters are there but if all the monsters are dead then one better have a staunching flask ready to go real quick or the character can die real fast

while i totaly agree that the dmg can be dangerous,there is no reason to rework it.
its just a lesson you have to learn once and than prepair for it.
after that its purely a playererror if you die to it and it can happen when you dont pay enough attention.
its a sideeffect of the crazy clearspeed meta that makes ppl spamm movementskills instead of the good old quicksilver. (i know ppl are still using them but not as consistently or rolled wrong)

gues what i do first after every pack when i dont see more enemys aroud, ihite my dame anti bleed quicksilver even though i´m not bleeding 99% of the time.
yes i hate the movementskill spamming,because i dont like the idea of them beeing spammable (they are supposed to be lifesafers in bad moments and not a "get faster from a to b" if it isnt over a cliff/river.
it doesnt really need to change,i dont care enough for that.
let ppl spamm it if they love it so much,i find it simply anoying,unfun and very tiring.

if you stop caring about what others do in the game and the econemy, poe feels like a much better game to me. thats why i always find it funny when ppl complain about "having" to level as a sunder or only use meta skills in lategame.
sure many skills are weaker than meta skills,but messing around with them is way more fun for me than forcing me to run a meta build.

sometimes i end up running a meta or somthing close to a meta build (really wanna run a trapper since the ascendency changes but since they announced the trap buffs/changes so early i waited),but its never for sake of running a meta build its purely for my own fun.

I think that bleeding/CB serves the purpose of a down side for range based low life regen characters. If GGG saw a need to rework things in that area for some reason including the reason mentioned in the opening post, I doubt I'd have a problem with it.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
The point being made is that there are too many flask mods to utilize when mapping i.e. curse, freeze, shock, ignite, poison, and such and all of these flask mods can be forecast by the rolls you get on the map such as shocked ground.

However, corrupted blood is the exception. Not bleed, but corrupted blood. You ALWAYS have to run a staunching flask when you're mapping irregardless of what you roll on a map because you WILL die eventually from not having one due to corrupted blood.

The point OP is making is that there is simply not enough space to play defensively at an optimal level, with or without unique flasks because certain map mods might have 5-6 things you would want to rotate flasks in for, which you cannot due to the fact that you only have 4 slots since 1 slot is always taken up by a staunching flask for practically EVERY SINGLE BUILD.

The suggestion is to turn corrupted blood into a map mod so players can choose to switch out a staunching flask knowing that normal bleeds are the only type of bleed damage they will encounter, which seems totally fine.

This is reminiscent of the days when every proj build had to use a sybil's lament for mapping in order to prevent a random insta-gib from occurring.

Corrupted blood is the same as volatile bloods from the old days.

While we're on the topic of outdated mechanics that need a rework, DD totems need to have their damage scaled down as well or have their cast range drastically reduced
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
"
Chadwixx wrote:
Invisible damage is bad. There should be a sound or visual like with volatiles.

It's neither invisable nor silent.

There is a visual indicator circling the character which gets more pronounced the more stacks there are, the screens light radius also visably shrinks when you take enough damage

There is also the bleeding sound which is more prononced when moving.

I mean what do you want this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeRDVOUy7dY

I would rather it be like those red skeleton guys who do a cb aoe upon death(red balls), if they hit you, you get it. Currently its goofy. Ignores line of sight and every other basic gaming rule.

Its very erratic too, sometimes it does no damage (dont even get stacks on death) other times you get 20 instantly. Think its buggy with totems and ancestral bond.

"
ciel289 wrote:
"
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
You can face situation where your build that generate a lot of separate damage sourses (VD with poet's pen for example) and get 30+ stacks of CB

CB limited to 20 stacks.

on top of that its nearly impossible to get more than 1 stack on every attack from a rare monster with the mod that isnt on your screen since shotgunning was nearly completely removed.

1. Yeah, about 20 stacks - you are right. I just exaggerate.

2. Shotgunning are removed long ago, but in my example every VD sphere is not the same source of damage. You can generate about 8 spheres in one second (more with +1 enchant). Also VD spheres is a homming missile and, I was wonder, they have really great pathfinding.

3. Anyway, it's just illogical that you can get CB stacks without physical contact with enemy. New mortar effect that replaced old reflect (that have same problem that CB) work great with logic.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
DoEFotGS wrote:

1. Yeah, about 20 stacks - you are right. I just exaggerate.

2. Shotgunning are removed long ago, but in my example every VD sphere is not the same source of damage. You can generate about 8 spheres in one second (more with +1 enchant). Also VD spheres is a homming missile and, I was wonder, they have really great pathfinding.

3. Anyway, it's just illogical that you can get CB stacks without physical contact with enemy. New mortar effect that replaced old reflect (that have same problem that CB) work great with logic.

you cant balance a game completly around logic.
there is no reason that these broken builds that have no "real" counter dont have a weakness at all.
changing something just for builds that still have an easy option to deal with corrupting blood? just pay attention to the game when you play.

i know that shotgunning was removed a long time ago,but there ar skills that do something similar as shotgunning one of them beeing VD,i had no better word to describe it.
"
The point being made is that there are too many flask mods to utilize when mapping i.e. curse, freeze, shock, ignite, poison, and such and all of these flask mods can be forecast by the rolls you get on the map such as shocked ground.

However, corrupted blood is the exception. Not bleed, but corrupted blood. You ALWAYS have to run a staunching flask when you're mapping irregardless of what you roll on a map because you WILL die eventually from not having one due to corrupted blood.

The point OP is making is that there is simply not enough space to play defensively at an optimal level, with or without unique flasks because certain map mods might have 5-6 things you would want to rotate flasks in for, which you cannot due to the fact that you only have 4 slots since 1 slot is always taken up by a staunching flask for practically EVERY SINGLE BUILD.

The suggestion is to turn corrupted blood into a map mod so players can choose to switch out a staunching flask knowing that normal bleeds are the only type of bleed damage they will encounter, which seems totally fine.

This is reminiscent of the days when every proj build had to use a sybil's lament for mapping in order to prevent a random insta-gib from occurring.

Corrupted blood is the same as volatile bloods from the old days.

While we're on the topic of outdated mechanics that need a rework, DD totems need to have their damage scaled down as well or have their cast range drastically reduced

Well you can't kill mobs without a weapon, and you only have two weapon slots. Flasks are just as much part of your gear as anything else
Meta = cattle

-ty men
Last edited by I0wa on May 22, 2018, 5:24:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info