Can we have a corrupted blood rework?

Currently, corrupted blood mod on monsters requires that every single self-attack/self-cast build run a bleed flask.

This mod seems too powerful for something that is virtually unavoidable on maps. Forcing every single build of a certain type to run a specific flask mod hogs up a flask slot and puts 0 thought into how we play the game.

I would like GGG devs to consider having corrupted blood DPS be significantly reduced or the mod to become much more rare and foreseeable such as reflect mod on maps

Something on the order of:

"Contains monsters with corrupted blood"

As a mod for maps rather than something that randomly spawns.

This way not every self-cast/attack build needs to run a bleed flask. I'm not saying they should not be punished for not running one. People can still be hit with normal bleeds from things like puncture, or ignoring the corrupted blood mod and owning themselves, but I would rather have the ability to rotate around flasks.

There are simply too many mods to have to deal with, I do regular rotations of flasks for mapping for shocked ground, curses, and such but due to the fact that unique flasks cannot have defensive mods, it really restricts some builds.

Nowadays, when a player sees reflect on the map as a mod, you change patheon, pop on a sybils and you're OK, though you still have to play carefully.

I think the thing about this game is that players should have the options to handle certain difficulties as they see them approaching, a mod this powerful that has unpredictable spawns essentially forces nearly everyone to run a specific flask mod to deal with it and I think that should be changed.
Last edited by ironstove on May 19, 2018, 9:13:18 PM
Last bumped on May 22, 2018, 5:23:35 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
OP doesn't know how to anti bleed flask apparently.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
OP doesn't know how to anti bleed flask apparently.

A flask like this solves so many problems I can't believe no one called it OP yet.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"

Indeed
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Invisible damage is bad. There should be a sound or visual like with volatiles.
"
ironstove wrote:
Currently, corrupted blood mod on monsters requires that every single self-attack/self-cast build run a bleed flask.

I believe trappers/miners/summoners/totemers are threatened as well. The Bloodlines version of corrupted blood functions differently from the Nemesis version, if you didn't know - I believe it functions the same as flask charge gain. I know for sure I have gained corrupted blood stacks without directly hitting with my character.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Just use 'of staunching' flask or use any other technique to deal with bleeding. Long story short - corrupted blood is ok, this is your problem and not game problem.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
Just use 'of staunching' flask or use any other technique to deal with bleeding. Long story short - corrupted blood is ok, this is your problem and not game problem.

Whether or not it's a game problem is a matter of opinion. If you read the original poster carefully, you will see that he is not complaining that CB is difficult, but that it restricts choice. Generally, less enjoyment is derived from things that are not a choice, but presented as a choice. Can any well-optimised build in today's meta realistically deal with Corrupted Blood without an anti bleed flask? Wiki is silent on whether Slayer bleed protection or Death's Door boots work against CB; guessing based on wording that Slayer does but Death's Door doesn't, which narrows possibilities quite a bit.

How do I personally feel about it? Shrugs. One mod on one flask being a practical requirement for anybody who isn't a Pathfinder or maybe a Slayer isn't that much choice restriction, so I've never felt bothered by CB, like everyone else in this thread. Does that make it good game design? Probably not. But we all deal with Life nodes and Energy Shield nodes being mandatory in one way or another, probably because we still have some wiggle room within those confines ("which life cluster will I get? How much over 150% should I build?" - the CB analogy would probably be "which flask should carry the Staunching?")

Of note: when CB was first added to the game, the meta was much, much slower, so I would have made many more arguments in favour of CB being good game design, because you can do such a thing as read the mods on an enemy before engaging, and then change your character piloting to adjust - If you deal a lot of uncontrollable damage like with Firestorm you can skip monsters or swap skill gems to, say, Flameblast. However, in a game environment where a weak character thrown together from random bits of dirt cheap gear still clears noticeably faster than builds considered gamebreaking in 2013, that kind of counterplay is kind of unreasonable to expect.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
How does it really restrict choice? It's a suffix on one of 5 flasks. That's 10% of the 10 flask mods you have available. Unless you just want to use 5 unique flasks which probably shouldn't even be in the game because they are OP.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
Absolutely OP is complaining it's difficult! It's a simple problem with a simple solution that you should have anyway. Corrupted blood is powerful, but it's not as strong as actual bleed which was the original reason to run a

It doesn't restrict choice any more than you're "restricted" into capping your resistances or running life flasks in the first place. Corrupted blood is fine.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info