Can we have a corrupted blood rework?

"
Hemmingfish wrote:

It doesn't restrict choice any more than you're "restricted" into capping your resistances or running life flasks in the first place. Corrupted blood is fine.

Gee, thanks for reminding me I should be salty about Veil of the Night's downside!!
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
"
Just use 'of staunching' flask or use any other technique to deal with bleeding. Long story short - corrupted blood is ok, this is your problem and not game problem.

If you read the original poster carefully, you will see that he is not complaining that CB is difficult, but that it restricts choice.

There is no sanity reason to complain about "CB restricts your choice" unless player want to use lot of unique flasks which not allows him to use 'of staunching' flask. This is his own decision and his own poor build design - no need to blame game.

There are general issues which should be solved for build: shock, curses, bleed. If player don't want to solve this issues and instead asking to change game - this is his own problem, not the game problem.

And if you read my post carefully, you could see this:
"
or use any other technique to deal with bleeding
While 'of staunching' flask mod is the most effective way to bypass bleed problem, there are tens other different ways to deal with it. Don't want to use flask mod? Ok, no problems, use any other technique. Don't want to do anything with bleed? Ok, go complain on forum.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
Oh, are we linking our
now?

But yeah, it's not "restrictive" any more than being required to, y'know, build defenses and have some DPS is.

• If you wanna kill monsters, you build damage.
  • If you wanna to not die, build some defense.
  • If you wanna not be frozen, use a heat flask.
  • If you wanna not bleed, use a staunching flask.

Hell, staunching flasks aren't even the only option: there's build routes that will grant bleed immunity, like, say, pretty much every single Slayer build!

"
mark1030 wrote:
Unless you just want to use 5 unique flasks which probably shouldn't even be in the game because they are OP.

This.

The game has a HUGE problem with people running around stacking unique flasks.
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
ACGIFT wrote:
Oh, are we linking our
now?

But yeah, it's not "restrictive" any more than being required to, y'know, build defenses and have some DPS is.

• If you wanna kill monsters, you build damage.
  • If you wanna to not die, build some defense.
  • If you wanna not be frozen, use a heat flask.
  • If you wanna not bleed, use a staunching flask.

Hell, staunching flasks aren't even the only option: there's build routes that will grant bleed immunity, like, say, pretty much every single Slayer build!

"
mark1030 wrote:
Unless you just want to use 5 unique flasks which probably shouldn't even be in the game because they are OP.

This.

The game has a HUGE problem with people running around stacking unique flasks.

and sadly the game is heading into a direction where things are balanced around uniq flask dmg boost.
i know using uniq flasks is the easiest and sometimes a very cheap way to get a great dmg boost for your build.

i just find the idea and solution "use as many uniq flasks as possible or you are in for pain" a pretty dumb one and only the "non stop movemenskills spamming to be faster" seems to be worse imo.

its straight up boring.

ps: i know you are fine without uniq flasks but the powercreep is still going on and uniq flasks are a big part of that. elder/uber elder (i never even tryed uber elder myself since i prefer SSf and get tired of the game when i hit high red tier maps,even though i reach and sustain them every league its simply my breaking point were i need to take a break from the game and come back next league) are clearly balanced around that powercreep even though they are (red normal elder atleast) doable without them.
"
Hemmingfish wrote:
Corrupted blood is fine.

How about the fact, that CB can be apply to you from any sourse that counts as your damage, even you don't seen an enemy on your screen? Same problem as with old reflect (or reflect on maps right now).

You can face situation where your build that generate a lot of separate damage sourses (VD with poet's pen for example) and get 30+ stacks of CB in a second that really can kill you faster than you notised this to use a flask.

Game have a lot of outdadet things.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Last edited by DoEFotGS on May 20, 2018, 8:34:39 PM
"
ciel289 wrote:
ps: i know you are fine without uniq flasks but the powercreep is still going on and uniq flasks are a big part of that. elder/uber elder (i never even tryed uber elder myself since i prefer SSf and get tired of the game when i hit high red tier maps,even though i reach and sustain them every league its simply my breaking point were i need to take a break from the game and come back next league) are clearly balanced around that powercreep even though they are (red normal elder atleast) doable without them.

Yeah, the power creep is absurd. Which is kinda bad given that some fixes are pretty clear-cut: "increased effect of flasks on you" shouldn't be scaling up the unique effects on flasks, especially when they function as "more" multipliers to your damage output. (e.g, making Dying Sun grant THREE extra projectiles? No wonder Pathfinder Barrage is so meta...)
Rufalius, hybrid Aura/Arc/Mana Guardian | Hemorae, TS Raider | Wuru, Ele Hit Wand Trickster
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
You can face situation where your build that generate a lot of separate damage sourses (VD with poet's pen for example) and get 30+ stacks of CB

CB limited to 20 stacks.
retired from forum because of censorship and discrimination
"
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
You can face situation where your build that generate a lot of separate damage sourses (VD with poet's pen for example) and get 30+ stacks of CB

CB limited to 20 stacks.

on top of that its nearly impossible to get more than 1 stack on every attack from a rare monster with the mod that isnt on your screen since shotgunning was nearly completely removed.
even the fastest attacking builds give you enough time to react before you reach 20 stacks and a low amount of stacks doesnt kill you very fast when you have regen and/or leech.

you can say something similar about the affix of magic monsters, the stacks from them are very limited and without a big increase in magic monsters from map mods/zana you cant even reach 20 stacks with 1 pack.
if you are offscreening its very doubtfull that you kill all of them at once,since offscreening is done by totems or projectiles.
totems dont life that long and are normaly placed in your vision even when you just place it and run you see most of the monster the totem will kill.
projectiles are losing coverage the further they travel,sure they will likely kill something but not a full pack of magic monsters that spawned close to each other in one go.
so there are simply not enough stacks and you dont get them all instantly if they are really offscreen.
"
Chadwixx wrote:
Invisible damage is bad. There should be a sound or visual like with volatiles.

It's neither invisable nor silent.

There is a visual indicator circling the character which gets more pronounced the more stacks there are, the screens light radius also visably shrinks when you take enough damage

There is also the bleeding sound which is more prononced when moving.

I mean what do you want this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeRDVOUy7dY
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
ciel289 wrote:
"
"
DoEFotGS wrote:

CB limited to 20 stacks.

on top of that its nearly impossible to get more than 1 stack on every attack from a rare monster with the mod that isnt on your screen since shotgunning was nearly completely removed.
even the fastest attacking builds give you enough time to react before you reach 20 stacks and a low amount of stacks doesnt kill you very fast when you have regen and/or leech.

you can say something similar about the affix of magic monsters, the stacks from them are very limited and without a big increase in magic monsters from map mods/zana you cant even reach 20 stacks with 1 pack.
if you are offscreening its very doubtfull that you kill all of them at once,since offscreening is done by totems or projectiles.
totems dont life that long and are normaly placed in your vision even when you just place it and run you see most of the monster the totem will kill.
projectiles are losing coverage the further they travel,sure they will likely kill something but not a full pack of magic monsters that spawned close to each other in one go.
so there are simply not enough stacks and you dont get them all instantly if they are really offscreen.

This is true. The most dangerous time I've seen is with an evasion character with good leech but little life regen. The CB can be ignored, as long as monsters are there but if all the monsters are dead then one better have a staunching flask ready to go real quick or the character can die real fast.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info