[ Unique Showcase ] My Unique design - to be released for 3.3, for you fellows summoners

looks cool but it would be A LOT better if instead of "skeletons" it was "minions".

Would open a lot of other possibilities.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
Last edited by imLuCaSsS on May 19, 2018, 11:38:49 PM
My only concern is that for the design goal of allowing the options of making the skeletons themselves stronger, Avatar of Fire as previously said seems like it would actually decrease damage output since they can't deal non-fire damage, so Wrath and Hatred become half as effective and you lose any nonconverted damage (half the base as physical with no other modifiers).

I'm no summoner builder in general, but I can't think of much in the way of conversion for your minions... all that comes to mind is Chernobog's Pillar to change 50% damage loss to 25% damage loss. Even with Covered in Ash that goes to 90%.

I guess the ability to benefit from Fire Penetration and Elemental Equilibrium might help that path? Still not sure it's worth it...
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
"
adghar wrote:
My only concern is that for the design goal of allowing the options of making the skeletons themselves stronger, Avatar of Fire as previously said seems like it would actually decrease damage output since they can't deal non-fire damage, so Wrath and Hatred become half as effective and you lose any nonconverted damage (half the base as physical with no other modifiers).

I'm no summoner builder in general, but I can't think of much in the way of conversion for your minions... all that comes to mind is Chernobog's Pillar to change 50% damage loss to 25% damage loss. Even with Covered in Ash that goes to 90%.

I guess the ability to benefit from Fire Penetration and Elemental Equilibrium might help that path? Still not sure it's worth it...

Thing is, the weapon doesn't support a "skeleton right click" build, more "skeletons that run at stuff then explode" build. Since MI is 100% fire damage, not an attack and not a spell, Avatar of fire does nothing (Unless you have Ghastly Eye Jewels with +phys/ele damage), and auras do not affect MI.
Very neat unique and great flavor text. Can't wait to play around with it!
"

Thing is, the weapon doesn't support a "skeleton right click" build, more "skeletons that run at stuff then explode" build. Since MI is 100% fire damage, not an attack and not a spell, Avatar of fire does nothing (Unless you have Ghastly Eye Jewels with +phys/ele damage), and auras do not affect MI.

That's exactly my point; did you read this part of the original post?:

"
Earendel wrote:

- I wanted a Unique that can enable multiple builds. Here you can choose to build around resistances and give your Skeletons a real fire damage output potential or you can choose to play with Minion Instability, scale your Skeletons with minion life and damage and sacrifice them in Einhar's name, STUPID SKELETONS.

(emphasis mine)

Original poster says he wanted a weapon that enabled Minion Instability OR non-MI fire damage output with Skeletons. My post was concerned about the second half of that OR wishbone.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Forgive my ignorance here....

Doesnt covered in ash slow and also provide more fire damage taken?

If so, does that mean that your skelies are effectively giving you two curses, a version of temp chains and fire penetration??

Thanks,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
Hum, i wonder if i can use this with a fire totem. Maybe a schorching ray, new incinerate or even a flametotem. Oh, this is gonna be one of those uniques i love it
This is pretty neat, thanks for supporting a game we all love and paying to add something new for us to play with.
This looks interesting but I am not sure whether it will make MI viable

I had a Skele MI build in Harbinger

I used dark pact to kill the skeletons. I linked it with spell echo, faster casting, chain. I also had a profane wand with an added cold/lighting damage to spells mod to trigger EE. I also had NE with Meningold lens

My cast speed was insane and the skeletons died quickly but the damage wasn't that good.

Skeletons where cast by a totem and had minion life (although it was increased instead of more back than) minion damage, increased AoE. Can't remember the rest.

It was a pretty fun build but you definitely hit a ceiling in early maps.

Gonna give it another try in 3.3 with this thing instead of the wand.
Last edited by H463N on May 20, 2018, 3:27:11 AM
Last edited by gizzomizzo on May 20, 2018, 3:53:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info